Best alternative to Stiga DNA Platinum M (47'5)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Hi guys!

I realy like Stiga DNA Platinum M on both sides but this rubber don´t last. I train five days a week and after 6 weeks the grip is not what is use to be and the speed is significantly slower.

I guess this is the way it is with many modern ESN rubbers. Anyway I want to try a simular rubber. I like the speed, overall feeling, thin top sheet etc of the Stiga DNA Platinum M.

Fire away forum members!

/Krillo

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 48 comes to mind as the closest alternative I've tried. It also has a softish feel, whereas G1 feels quite a bit firmer.
Also, I know this is subjective and different folks will feel it differently depending on how they impact the ball, but I found the Gewo to have a pretty moderate catapult effect. It felt very balanced to me, so like G1 in that sense, but with a softer topsheet.

Reactions: ander999 and Crillo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Hi guys!

I realy like Stiga DNA Platinum M on both sides but this rubber don´t last. I train five days a week and after 6 weeks the grip is not what is use to be and the speed is significantly slower.

I guess this is the way it is with many modern ESN rubbers. Anyway I want to try a simular rubber. I like the speed, overall feeling, thin top sheet etc of the Stiga DNA Platinum M.

Fire away forum members!

/Krillo
That's exactly my experience with Stiga Dragon Grip. Seems like they are similar formulations.

Try K3 or Omega VII.

Reactions: Lazer and Crillo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Yesterday I was playing Gewo Nexus EL Pro 45 SuperSelect on my FZD Alc. Fabulous rubber, previously had G-1 which I also have on my OSP V+. G-1 feels harder due to topsheet and prefer use it on FH, c-1 in my opinion is better on BH. Topsheet are the same but the sponges differ and that matters.
IMG_4263.jpeg
IMG_4180.jpeg
IMG_4179.jpeg

I feels Gewo similar to C-1 in terms of playing on my BH

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Yesterday I was playing Gewo Nexus EL Pro 45 SuperSelect on my FZD Alc. Fabulous rubber, previously had G-1 which I also have on my OSP V+. G-1 feels harder due to topsheet and prefer use it on FH, c-1 in my opinion is better on BH. Topsheet are the same but the sponges differ and that matters. View attachment 26849View attachment 26850View attachment 26851

I feels Gewo similar to C-1 in terms of playing on my BH
I have a question, have you tried Gewo Nexus EL Pro 48 SuperSelect?

Hi guys!

Fire away forum members!

/Krillo
Cornilleau Target Pro XD 47.5. At similar price, you get a rather similar rubber that lasts longer than average. It loses some catapult effect and plays like a firmer rubber (it obviously has something to do with booster), but it topsheet seems to be as grippy as on the day 1!

Reactions: Crillo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Cornilleau Target Pro XD 47.5. At similar price, you get a rather similar rubber that lasts longer than average. It loses some catapult effect and plays like a firmer rubber (it obviously has something to do with booster), but it topsheet seems to be as grippy as on the day 1!
Cornilleau rubbers are very rare where I live but I did have a look at the rubber and the sponge looks almost exactly like Stiga DNA PLATINUM...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hi guys!

Fire away forum members!

/Krillo
tenergy 19, goop grip and good durability with the new topsheet. Must use racket maintenance every day and put the protective sheet.