Best Flat Hitting Rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I've always been more of a brush looper but I'm looking to go for a rubber that's good for flat hitting. For now I'm thinking Tibhar Evolution MX-P but I'm open to all your suggestions. Thanks.

Reactions: Nifster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Fastarc G1 can be used for flat hits quite effectively ala Mima Ito.

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Leaving the short pips aside, if you are looking at the inverted rubber category, inverted with short wide pimple will flat hit better. Donic Acuda series comes to my mind.

Just read OP's own suggestion in his first post, stating MX-P as his personal choice. Yeah, MX-P is good for flat-hitting. Infact very good. I love it so much. Its extreme trampoline effect is the factor that makes it so effective in flat-hitting / smash.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I want stick to the Inverted route rather than SP, but I have no idea what blade to use.
I don't have a problem buying a new one and I have a whole bunch of blades. Maybe 10+ blades. So that's my dilemma right now,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
How about Goriki Kaisoku by Nittaku? It’s basically an inverted rubber that shares characteristics with short pimples. It’s been specifically designed for flat hitting, smashing and driving the ball. It’s the next rubber on my list to try (I currently play with SP’s on forehand and want to see if it’ll still do what I want from the SP’s but also give me more options to loop when needed).

Cool suggestion, I'll look into that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
One would need to know what blade you intend to use as well as the rubber - and flathitting is really technical, you need to decide how you win points - most flat hitters topspin a lot especially vs backspin and I have seen some use fast blade with slow spinny rubber and some use slow blade with medium speed or old school rubbers. The key for most flat hitters is their block.

Reactions: TheProfessor
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
One would need to know what blade you intend to use as well as the rubber - and flathitting is really technical, you need to decide how you win points - most flat hitters topspin a lot especially vs backspin and I have seen some use fast blade with slow spinny rubber and some use slow blade with medium speed or old school rubbers. The key for most flat hitters is their block.
Good point, so... Hmmm are you saying I should go for a blade that I like the feel of then worry about the rubbers after?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Good point, so... Hmmm are you saying I should go for a blade that I like the feel of then worry about the rubbers after?
Saying that flathitting is a broad term and that Mima Ito for example plays different from Falck or even Richard Dewitt (an American who uses Mark V). You have to understand what your blocking and point winning game will look like before choosing a rubber to match it. if you are going to mostly block, your rubber choice might be different. Usually, if you have good smashing technique, rubber doesn't matter so much, but the range of shots you want to execute influences the choice a lot dependong on whether you want to focus more on speed or touch.