Best Rubbers for Fan Zhendong ALC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I did say I agreed with you :) but its a lot easier to test one blade than multiples of the same one, thats all I meant.

But yeah the TT11 guys really hate on Butterfly in that review - which compared with most peoples (and mine of that particular rubber) doesn't make any sense. But I imagine they made that video to sell the other rubbers rather than 09C. So motive always needs to be factored in.

At the end of the day - its upto you to see if it works for you at that particular time. I dont take someones review as gospel - but I do find it interesting to shortlist and narrow down my search.
After trying out the products and watching lots of Dan and Toms reviews I can work out what I might like and what I wont from there new ones.
On paper the Harimoto ALC was exactly what i (thought) I wanted - and after their review I ended up picking one up second hand. It was the opposite, I didn't like it at all. It might just have been a strange version in someway. But I might like it more now if i tried it again as your technique changes and evolves.
Nowadays, it is easy to use phone software to test one of the major vibration frequencies and use that to see whether a blade is similar or different. I find that the differences in blades often shows up in the frequency measurement. I liked one Carbonado 190 and its frequency seemed to be in the low to mid 1200s, but another Carbonado was almost 1400, which is in the higher part of my preferred range. Maybe measuring the frequency of a setup will be educational as well. That said, I encourage people to measure the frequency of their blades and maybe setups to see whether their feeling is largely being influenced by that in deciding what to use or not. Obviously your feeling changes with time so the numbers are just one data point, not everything.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Nowadays, it is easy to use phone software to test one of the major vibration frequencies and use that to see whether a blade is similar or different. I find that the differences in blades often shows up in the frequency measurement. I liked one Carbonado 190 and its frequency seemed to be in the low to mid 1200s, but another Carbonado was almost 1400, which is in the higher part of my preferred range. Maybe measuring the frequency of a setup will be educational as well. That said, I encourage people to measure the frequency of their blades and maybe setups to see whether their feeling is largely being influenced by that in deciding what to use or not. Obviously your feeling changes with time so the numbers are just one data point, not everything.

Do you have any guides - or can describe how you do that?

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
Do you have any guides - or can describe how you do that?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I think the TT11 guys generally prefer a more controllable rubber over a really powerful rubber. If my memory serves me correctly there is another review where most testers prefer tibhar aurus over MXP.
I think there is a lot of room in TT for finding controllable rubbers powerful and powerful rubbers controllable. Is sticky rubber powerful or controllable? Does a rubber that gives you more spin and speed at low to medium impacts more powerful? Or is a rubber that holds the ball and spins it on the table at higher impacts more powerful?

Last edited:
Jan 2023
I think there is a lot of room in TT for finding controllable rubbers powerful and powerful rubbers controllable. Is sticky rubber powerful or controllable? Does a rubber that gives you more spin and speed at low to medium impacts more powerful? Or is a rubber that holds the ball and spins it on the table at higher impacts more powerful?
we need standardize equipment tests :D