Best Rubbers for Ovtcharov True Carbon

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Hi,can anyone give me recommendation on the best suited rubbers for the donic ovtcharov true carbon blade? Are thicker or thinner rubbers more suited to it? How about Chinese and European rubbers?

Thanks.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
ALC blades like this can support a wide range of rubbers and there is not one that is "best suited". This blade is very similar to a Viscaria and also the Timo Boll ALC. ZJK uses a Hurricane on the forehand and a Tenergy (T64?) on the BH with the Viscaria. Timo Boll uses T05 on both sides of his. Your blade will work well with any modern offensive rubber from ESN. I liked it with MX-P and with EL-P and with EL-S. I think all of these rubbers should be used in maximum thickness.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Thank you for your response. Appreciate it.
ALC blades like this can support a wide range of rubbers and there is not one that is "best suited". This blade is very similar to a Viscaria and also the Timo Boll ALC. ZJK uses a Hurricane on the forehand and a Tenergy (T64?) on the BH with the Viscaria. Timo Boll uses T05 on both sides of his. Your blade will work well with any modern offensive rubber from ESN. I liked it with MX-P and with EL-P and with EL-S. I think all of these rubbers should be used in maximum thickness.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Thank you for your response. Appreciate it.

Baal basically said what there is to say. If you´re thinking about Chinese rubbers, keep in my mind that without the addition of booster they play very hard (for most) and will form a powerful, but difficult to handle racket with any ALC blade.

European/German rubbers (tensor) or Japanese rubbers with speed glue effect are pretty much ideally suited to these blades. Depending on your needs, count out the expensive tenergy series and go for Stiga Airoc if you like it "Japan-style" or choose from the wide ESN palette. Don´t go too soft, either, but an Evolution FX-S makes a great combination despite being softer than anything Baal mentioned.