BH - T64 or T80 ?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hands down, T64 for me. T05FX is really good for backhand too. I tried a friend's blade who was using T80 for backhand (he is a pro) he tried mine, at the time I had T05FX, he said he liked my backhand rubber better than his. I did not think I would like T64 as much as T05FX but I do. I could flip a coin and use either T64 or T05FX on backhand and be pretty happy. But I did not like T80 on my backhand. I don't like regular T05 that much either for backhand but I also like T05 better than T80 for backhand.

This user has no status.
I found T64 to be really troublesome for even just "half-looping". I prefer T05fx out of all Tenergies for backhand as it allows me more variety of shots.

Apparently the pros in my country have found that a sheet of T80 is generally lighter than a T05, and at the same time not generating as much power as T05, both spin and speed wise, unlike Butterfly's Tenergies' ratings. Few of them have already switched from T80 to T05FX(BH). Not sure about other countries.

EDIT: most people found T80 to be more controllable than T05 though, especially in short games.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Read 6 reviews
As per pips analysis, T80 is in b/w T05 and T64, so as per my understanding it can be good at both away and close to table.
I havnt played with it. It would be good if someone who played with T05-FX and T80 can compare robustly these two.

Pic courtesy: PintoTM from youtube

...Rajd...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414948830369.JPG
    uploadfromtaptalk1414948830369.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 159
I have use tenergy 64-fx at the moment and have also tried tenergy 80 on a friends bat (same blade).
My opinions:
First i just want to point out I KNOW HE IS CHOOSING BETWEEN T64 AND T80.
So, I prefer T64 as it has more power but also like T80 as it has more spin.
My choice would be T64. I only choose T64-FX as FX has a more softer sponge.

Those are my opinions, hoped it helped you!

Enjoy TABLE TENNIS.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have use tenergy 64-fx at the moment and have also tried tenergy 80 on a friends bat (same blade).
My opinions:

Enjoy TABLE TENNIS.

And how do you like the T64FX for BH. I have been thinking that would be fun to try.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Read 6 reviews
My opinions:

Enjoy TABLE TENNIS.
I also play with T64FX on backhand om TBALC but some how i dont like the sound of it. Blocking/counter is a bit difficult. I chose fx bcoz i thought it would help me in flicks and will be able to attack quickly. There is an improvement in flicks but blocking gives me a hard time. Have any of you guys feel the same??

...Rajd...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
In using fx rubbers you have to close your bat more than the 36 degrees.. or.. dont block the ball but return the ball by punching it out- thats better than blocking passively..which is also a higher level skill. Im a tenergy user on bh and i always return the ball punching and countertopspin, thats the only way you can appreciate tenergy rubbers

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Read 6 reviews
In using fx rubbers you have to close your bat more than the 36 degrees.. or.. dont block the ball but return the ball by punching it out- thats better than blocking passively..which is also a higher level skill. Im a tenergy user on bh and i always return the ball punching and countertopspin, thats the only way you can appreciate tenergy rubbers

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
U know what rajah...i tried that out today...and it worked perfectly..o boy..i love tenergy...

...Rajd...

Reactions: Rajah*
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 2 reviews
In my opinion, both have exceptional performance on the backhand. I felt easier to lift backspin as well as counterlooping with T80 because it generates more spin than T64. T64 is better in blocking and smashing because it is faster and less sensitive to spin. But, as Rajah* said you will only take advantage of tenergy rubbers with active ofensive play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rajah*