OALC with Tenergy or Dignics !?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Hello all,

I am an advanced player who’s still learing with a coach on it’s side.

I have done lots of research about Viscaria, FZALC, TBALC or OALC as I presently see they are the most popular opinions amongst the players.
After days of consideration, I came to the conclusion that OALC might give me the right amound of speed I lack, remaining with lots of control over the ball.

Now I wanna change the backend from a 05fx to a faster rubber. I have looked around and try to compare multiple rubbers like D05, D80, T80. Coming from a 32 degrees hardness, dignics might be an overstep for me. I got to mention here that I use my backend a lot for blocking, opening or counterattack. I play close to mid distance from table.

Do you think an OALC with T05 FH and D05/T80 BH will be to much ?

Your opinions will be highly appreciated and much use for me as I am trying to pass into a new stage of my play style.

P.S. I am a big fan of Butterfly products.

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
Since you are a fan of the Butterfly products, I can recommend the Tenergy 19 for your backhand. It is 2-3 degrees harder than the Tenergy 05 FX. It has sufficient speed, spin and control. It is not as bouncy as Tenergy 05 and hard slightly more spin. The Dignics 05, being a 40-degree hard rubber, might be an overstep indeed. If you are to gradually develop your skill, then taking something inbetween is mandatory. The Tenergy 19 could be a choice to look into. This rubber will be just fine for the skills you prefer.
I was playing with it for quite a long time. A great rubber, however too pricy and didn't suit my current style.

Good luck!

Reactions: AndreiSoare