Blade Advice for tenergy 05 and vega pro/europe!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Hey,
im wanting to buy a new bat and am looking at getting one of these rubber : tenergy 05 , tenergy 05 fx , vega pro , vega europe.
I tend to use topspin drives and blocks relatively close to the table on both bh and fh. Ive been playing TT for about a year now and have a decent but certainly not perfect stroke.
The rubber will probably be decided by what i can get my hands on from ebay relatively cheaply but could you suggest a few blade that arent overly expensive (-$150 preferable)
Thank you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
How fats is that combination
I have been playing properly for the last year 4-5 hours a week. Do you think this will be too fast for me as a beginner/intermediate plays

Thank you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Fast enough at the top end, but fairly controllable in the short game. You won't be able to chop your opponent's loops :) In the end, the feeling of control/speed depends on your skill and nothing else.

Do you receive regular coaching from a professional coach? Or play in a local league? If so, which division?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
I at the club I go to there are no professional coaches they are all voluntary players that vary in skill levels and leagues played in. I spend on average 45-90 minutes of coaching but should start receiving slightly more coaching soon. The rest of the time I spend playing casual matches,routines and serve practice with others players similar to me.

I don't play in any formal divisions, and rarely chop.
Could you advice me whether a or not I should get a tenergy or a xiom pro fh and Europe BH. I tries thetenergy 05 o. A stigma offensive classic and surprisingly found it slow compared to my current setup (galaxy t-11 and galaxy moon fh and Venus BH)

Thank you for the quick reply

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Well, galaxy T-11 is a pretty fast OFF blade, way faster than either Xiom V1 or Stiga Offensive Classic - both of which are OFF-.

One way to approach this is to ask yourself why are you trying to change your equipment. The first post said you play close to the table, utilizing topspin drives and blocks. Tenergies and Vega Pro are more suited to those whose game relies on loops not drives. Loopers also tend to prefer high dwell time (in order to spin up the ball as much as possible), which is easier to achieve with a slower ALL or OFF- blade.

So if you are trying to change your game to develop slow spinny loops and/or use topspin more than brute force, if you're trying to learn how to control the ball and placement during rallies instead of trying to finish off the point with a quick smash or drive, then Tenergies or Vega Pro on a slower blade could make sense.

Reactions: murraylp2
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
That's why I'm confused as to what to get. I do t know whether to get a slower tenergy rubber and develop my stroke further (I dont want to go too slow as I am currently used to a very fast setup) or to go with a faster tenergy rubber and blade that is more suited for my style but may district the development of my stroke and atu t progression? I tried a tenergy 05 on a stiga offensive classic and it was a lot a slower than what I'm used to.
What tenergy do you recommend and on how fast a blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Well, this is something you need to decide for yourself :) IMHO, if you're in this for the long run, then developing a solid allround game and strokes using slower equipment, working on learning how to generate speed by swinging/brushing faster instead of using fast blades/max thickness rubbers is the right thing to do. Either T05 2.0mm on a Stiga Offensive Classic or Vega Pro 2.0mm on a Xiom V1 will be just fine (just like using your current rubbers on a slower blade).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I agree with vvk1

I tend to notice many "customers" of mine, tend to think Tenergy or high price tag. Maybe some salesmen did some fancy sales pitch. But from coach point of view, start off from allround and go up 1 gear at the time.

So improve your strokes and gear up equipment when it because too slow for you.
Than oppose to get too fast equipment and trying to play catch up for the rest of the next few years and learning so many bad habbits.
This option is also cheaper, as those fast equipment are nomrally more pricy too.