Blades with carbon

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Hello guys,

What is in yours opinion the best blade with carbon ( any kind of carbon ) to 90 $. I'm interested in blades with thickness 5,7 - 6,0 and not heavier than 87 - 88 g.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
What about your Stiga ACC, how thick it is ?

I like it okay. It is about 5.8mm thick and quite light (~76g).

I wouldn't throw its name in the running for best carbon blade, but I like it because:

- it has a soft touch and is kind of flexy thanks to the outer limba ply and due to the carbon layers being next to the core (like the innerforce, long 5, fang bo b2).

- it is fairly slow (probably due to it being so light). The slowness allows me to take fuller swings, which I really like because it's helping me develop my stroke mechanics and because it's just more fun/rewarding to add speed to my shots via physicality than relying on a stiffer/heavier blade to do the work for me.

- I like the thickness of stiga flared handles. The are thicker than handles you'll find on a lot of butterfly and dhs blades.

I also have an innerforce alc. It has similar characteristics to the ACC ( soft touch, good amount of flex), but it is noticeably faster. Right now, Im enjoying the ACC more.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Hello guys,

What is in yours opinion the best blade with carbon ( any kind of carbon ) to 90 $. I'm interested in blades with thickness 5,7 - 6,0 and not heavier than 87 - 88 g.

Hi PiZa,

I use Donic Ovtcharov Carbospeed together with BF M1 Turbo (2,0mm) and I must say it works very well. Speed is enough, spin is very good (it depends obviously from your technique), control is in a good shape of balance. Vibrations are ok, and it is a little bit more flex against my previous blade (Innerforce ZLC). Try it, price is not too high.
Probably a blade that is not fallen in the eyes of the mass... but it has an own appeal!

J

This user has no status.
blade with carbon ( any kind of carbon )

Comparing ALC and ZLC for starters is like comparing apples and oranges. Without having stats on this I'd say most people who play with carbon have some kind of ALC blade. My guess might be clouded and complete rubbish though, I play ALC myself. :D

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Ok. If you're interested tell me something. Regards
says Ok. If you're interested tell me something. Regards
May 2013
Read 3 reviews
The best lighter blade I've found is Cornilleau Aero Soft Carbon Off+. It was used by Simon Gauzy. It costs very little for the beneficts it brings. It's quite stiff, hard and has low trow.
If you don't minde the light weight, it will be perfect for spins and drives

Reactions: fshimon
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
To me the best carbon blade is the Nittaku Shake Offence which is a 3+2 Hinoki+Carbon combination (regular carbon, no AlC/ZLC).
When it first came out (38mm era) it was rated as OFF-, so nowadays it would rather be considered on the slow side of OFF- rather leaning towards ALL+

This blade has a lovely feel, although the weight can vary a bit. Most of them are around 77grams. I have one at 77g, one of 78g which are both rather ALL+ and one of 93g which is actually OFF.

Unfortunately it isn't produced at the moment. I say this 'cause Nittaku has thrown it on the market the first time end of the seventies, and then took it from the market again, just to put it on the market again after a while. This has been going on for a while.
If i recall correctly the last production line is from 2009.

To me this blade has the best feeling of all carbon blades i've tried.

Last edited: