Boosted Chinese rubber better than Tensor for backhand?

D05 is great, but it still doesnt have the weight and penetrating impact of tacky, harder rubbers.

If you are then comparing G1 to tacky rubber, then the spread is even wider.
I would say this is due to the ability of pros in handling incoming spin on backhand
Your club mate there might be able to generate spin so high that you nor anyone in the club could handle
But for pros, that's debatable
Plus, tacky relatively hard rubbers are not optimum to handle critical situations, e.g. when you are in a pinch and you don't have the best position to return an incoming ball, it will punish you so hard by 'feeding' your opponent with floating balls
Or even so, rocket shots from opponent might just fly directly to the net due to the relatively lower trajectories and bounce on tacky rubbers when doing passive blocks - especially on pro levels when they actually do rocket punches
Alternatives like hybrid rubbers are actually better since they tend to be more spinny than casual tensor rubbers on the market, at the cost of weight and sensitivity to spin IMO
Last point is, pros tend to play further from the table during topspin rallies. Even on the 5th or 7th ball, we see them taking steps further away from the table. This is where tensor comes to the rescue especially in the 40+ ball era.
You actually made a good point in vouching for tacky chinese rubbers on bh, I used to use a H3 39 neo boosted on BH until I went back to soft tensor rubbers for mobility and tolerance...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I was browsing this:

And a number of the Japanese men use D05 on FH but use the harder/tackier D09c on BH. This would seem rather unconventional to me, but what would be the strategy behind this type of setup?

This user has no status.
I was browsing this:

And a number of the Japanese men use D05 on FH but use the harder/tackier D09c on BH. This would seem rather unconventional to me, but what would be the strategy behind this type of setup?
bh dominant players exist bro
i guess its really good for chiquita(look at fzd, lyj)

Reactions: Choosikick