Building The Hammer

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, I agree with you that, a decent blade should be made of whole pieces of wood. Particularly if the price is what it is.

I didn't examine too closely and try to see if there were separate pieces before I put the rubbers on. But I did not see that. And in examining for seams from the side, I did not see any in the top ply.

So I am not sure, but I think the top ply on both sides is whole. I will check the next time I take the rubbers off.

And it is true that many Nexy blades are a little delicate. But the previous KJH blade I had, which I gave to PPH, felt really good.

So, for now I will judge this blade by how it feels when I play it.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What I'd be keen for is a beast version premade!

I believe Der_Echte said that in this run of the blade the handle is solid. You can't fill it if it is already solid. [emoji2]

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I actually had a customer request for me to take off the handles of a KJH blade and do the Beast Mod before shipping.

Unfortunately, the blade from our inventory at shipping time turned out to be solid throat and solid handles.

One could, like Archo suggests, break out the knife and make a handle or two kinda hollow, then fill it in like the beast mod.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am going to confess. bobpuls had a point. This setup is not the Hammer. The name does not fit the blade. But the setup is darn good. And I think the blade is "The Razor". Sharp, crisp feel. And precise control. Plus, these rubbers give so much control in return of serve and short game that I feel I can put the ball exactly where I want to.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobpuls
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I officially renamed the blade:

90ac1496d3e301ecd278a040092c0d86.jpg

9783dc31d8824c50388f016b8f34ceda.jpg

This setup is very good for me. Precise and with my looping technique I can really load spin on the ball with it.

The blade feels nice and crisp. I am still used to a much softer blade. But with these rubbers it works really quite well for me.

Reactions: bobpuls
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
you have to change the icon too Carl !

I am going to interpret my crude and pathetic drawing as an old fashioned straight edge razor. So what if it doesn’t look like one? It doesn’t really look like a hammer either.

On one of my blade covers I tried to make the symbol for the deathly hollows. It was an utter and complete failure. That was the funniest picture I have ever drawn.

But somehow Mark Croitoroo knew what I had tried to draw regardless of how badly I did it. Hahahahaha.

That was for Holly and Phoenix Feather.

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Holly and Phoenix feather .. are you kidding me ... ! wow ! I have to acknowledge that you don't shy away from a challenge !

Btw, I just created my own little weapon ... ZJK ALC with Hurricane 39 degrees Blue Sponge Provincial boosted with 3 layers of Falco on the Forehand and Karis M red on the backhand ...

Played a little yesterday , hopefully it will be the weapon of choice for the rest of the season and going forward ...
I am going to interpret my crude and pathetic drawing as an old fashioned straight edge razor. So what it doesn’t look like one. It doesn’t really look like a hammer either.

On one of my blade covers I tried to make the symbol for the deathly hollows. It was an utter and complete failure. That was the funniest picture I have ever drawn.

But somehow Mark Croitoroo knew what I had tried to draw regardless of how badly I did it. Hahahahaha.

That was for Holly and Phoenix Feather.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Holly and Phoenix feather .. are you kidding me ... ! wow ! I have to acknowledge that you don't shy away from a challenge !

Btw, I just created my own little weapon ... ZJK ALC with Hurricane 39 degrees Blue Sponge Provincial boosted with 3 layers of Falco on the Forehand and Karis M red on the backhand ...

Played a little yesterday , hopefully it will be the weapon of choice for the rest of the season and going forward ...

It sounds like quite a nice weapon. I doubt there is a real reason for changing. An EJ reason....of course....but not a real reason.

How do you like the handle? If you like that handle as much as a Viscaria handle, there will be no need to change the blade aside from wanting to try something different. [emoji2]

Holly and Phoenix Feather is The OSP V+. A regular old 5 ply, all wood blade. Nothing too special. Not too fast. Not too slow. But special because of the great feeling I get from it. And how well I played with it.

It replaced The Wand of Destiny, which was faster, more powerful, had a dragon heart string core (ZLF). [emoji2]

And yet I tossed away the unbeatable wand for a simpler one that felt comfortable in my hand. [emoji2]

Hahahaha.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Of course its the EJ reason , wanted to try out Blue Sponge and see for myself whats the whoopla all about .. Suga has offered me a bottle of extra special Haifu oil , I might just take him up on that offer for the next EJ-ing experiment .. but on the face of it seemed like it will be a lot of work and shipping for his friend ...

I think I have grown to like the handle , wasn't super comfortable at first but now it just fits perfect to my hand ... the Long V is too thin for my liking .. .however it has more feeling ... and Karis M ... well lets just say its going to be my backhand rubber for quite some time ... I do have a sheet of Hurricane 8 somewhere, might just put it on the Long V ... just for lols and to create something different than my main blade ... but I do believe, becasue of my recent venture into Limba with Long V my feeling and spin has increased ... also once in while playing serious league helps ... just not in remembering your weaknesses but your strengths as well ...
It sounds like quite a nice weapon. I doubt there is a real reason for changing. An EJ reason....of course....but not a real reason.

How do you like the handle? If you like that handle as much as a Viscaria handle, there will be no need to change the blade aside from wanting to try something different. [emoji2]

Holly and Phoenix Feather is The OSP V+. A regular old 5 ply, all wood blade. Nothing too special. Not too fast. Not too slow. But special because of the great feeling I get from it. And how well I played with it.

It replaced The Wand of Destiny, which was faster, more powerful, had a dragon heart string core (ZLF). [emoji2]

And yet I tossed away the unbeatable wand for a simpler one that felt comfortable in my hand. [emoji2]

Hahahaha.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
the thing is as always Carl has taken the best reference you can use , using wand name fits just perfect because of the similarities of construct .. coming up with a different dictionary to use is going be difficult / arbitrary
Just noticed the thread. It's a great idea to name our blades/setups. :) Still thinking what would fit mine :p ??
I sandpaper-ed it enough to call it unique.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
the thing is as always Carl has taken the best reference you can use , using wand name fits just perfect because of the similarities of construct .. coming up with a different dictionary to use is going be difficult / arbitrary

I do have some good blade names that are not wands but the wand reference is pretty amazing.

I did also have a blade that was aptly named “The Death Stick” and it did really fit the blade.

It was a 95 gram Clipper and it was a beast. Totally evil.

But Mjölnir is a decent name for a blade. I will let Monster tell the reference for that.

Here is another that Monster may like: Vajra. He may be able to explain what that is too. [emoji2]

Balerion or for the full reference, Balerion the Dread, might be a good name for a really evil blade.

I tried to name Razor before I had played her. Usually I play with a blade for at least a few weeks before a name settles in and suggests itself to me.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Suga has offered me a bottle of extra special Haifu oil...

I've gotta tell you, if you can get your hands on that black gold, I would not hold back for an instant. That stuff is worth its weight and some.

I am sure Suga D can tell ya'!

That is awesome that Suga D could orchestrate that for you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
on your advise , I did not wait for a minute to change my mind and humbly accept his kindness in return for a deal that he will give me a chance to return the kindness if something comes up in the Cali Bay area :)
I've gotta tell you, if you can get your hands on that black gold, I would not hold back for an instant. That stuff is worth its weight and some.

I am sure Suga D can tell ya'!

That is awesome that Suga D could orchestrate that for you.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
on your advise , I did not wait for a minute to change my mind and humbly accept his kindness in return for a deal that he will give me a chance to return the kindness if something comes up in the Cali Bay area :)

I can only restate how awesome it is that Suga D is so generous. Super cool DJ. :)