Butterfly 05fx alternatives

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Any alternative rubbers with nice spin, arc,maybe also with a bit less speed and maybe softer?
I tried andro R42 but like its to hard.
I like soft rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
If you like the Tenergy feel, the obvious choices to try are Rozena and Glayzer

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Rakza 7 soft
Agree Rakza 7 soft especially if the OP likes the soft feeling. Another good one, not as catapulty, but also soft is C-1. That's pretty much it. Between those two, you will find something. I have not played with any Gewo rubber before. I have one sheet of Rasanter R47 and that one is pretty hard.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
It might be still too hard if you found R42 too hard, but I think Nexxus Superselect 45 is a pretty suitable substitute for 05FX. I have also been using Baracuda as my main backhand rubber, it fulfills my needs for a solid-feeling but not too hard and high grip selection, but for your needs I suppose the Bigslam version may fit the bill.

Reactions: ander999

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Thx, for replies.
I tried Rozena vut its not spiny, its all rpund rubber, more for smashes.
Is C1 soft rubber for soft feeling like rakza 7 soft?
How about Victad Limber versions?

There is no replacement for Tenergy. The feeling is very special.

05FX is great when attacking. This is due to the fantastic grip in conjunction with the speed and catapult.

On the other hand this characteristics makes it horrible in the slow game. Softness together with the grip and catapult makes it extremely spin sensitive.

The best here (IMO) is to get used to something harder.

Rakza 7 soft is even softer than Tenergy 05FX, but it has significantly less grip and catapult.

I used to play with the combo T05/T05FX I loved it for attack but it was killing me in the short game. So I switched and are currently working my way up.

The feeling of launching a missile I have ONLY found with Tenergies a wonderful feeling but very costly…

A fairly soft rubber I play now is Donic Accuda Blue P2 (shore O 45). It feels softer than this and is really comfortable with enough power in the attack game and enough control in the short game. But it is no Tenergy 05(FX). I don’t think you will find any real replacement…

Cheers
L-zr

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
thanks L-zr.
How about Donic M3 or Donic Blue grip S2 or Xiom Vega Japan or Joola Tronix CMD?
Any similar to BF 05FX which is similarly soft and spiny?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
thanks L-zr.
How about Donic M3 or Donic Blue grip S2 or Xiom Vega Japan or Joola Tronix CMD?
Any similar to BF 05FX which is similarly soft and spiny?
I know what Lazer is talking about. There is no replacement for Tenergy 05fx.

I agree with Lazer. Yasaka Rakza 7 soft is softer and less catapult. I actually like that better than Tenergy 05fx. I don't really care much more Tenergy 05fx when I keep on push the balls off the table. Rakza 7 soft and C-1 are much better for my game (and a heck lot cheaper than Tenergy as well).

I don't know if you want to go Donic route. When you are talking about Blue Grip, you are entering the hybrid category.

Tenergy 05fx, Rakza 7 soft and C-1 are not hybrid.

I know what Lazer is talking about. There is no replacement for Tenergy 05fx.

I agree with Lazer. Yasaka Rakza 7 soft is softer and less catapult. I actually like that better than Tenergy 05fx. I don't really care much more Tenergy 05fx when I keep on push the balls off the table. Rakza 7 soft and C-1 are much better for my game (and a heck lot cheaper than Tenergy as well).

I don't know if you want to go Donic route. When you are talking about Blue Grip, you are entering the hybrid category.

Tenergy 05fx, Rakza 7 soft and C-1 are not hybrid.

Well to be honest the ESN rubbers are all very similar between the different brands, some of them even identical. So finding alternatives there is not so difficult.

I.e accuda and accuda blue is similar to Rakza 7 with the small difference that P2 is harder tha 7 soft and softer than 7 normal. Accuda S2 is a tiny bit harder, faster and less spinny than P2 but in reality it doesn’t matter much.

I think bluegrip is one of the first generation hybrids so there are probably better ones, but that’s a guess haven’t played much with hybrids and Chinese type. This is an upcoming project. First up is another old hybrid Rakza 7.

Cheers
L-zr

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
I am aiming to yasaka rakza 7 soft and Nitaku C1.

Does Nitaku C1 has low or high arc - like BF 05fx?
Much harder than BF 05fx?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I am aiming to yasaka rakza 7 soft and Nitaku C1.

Does Nitaku C1 has low or high arc - like BF 05fx?
Much harder than BF 05fx?
I agree with Lazer that all ESN rubbers are probably similar to some degree.

I have one bat with C-1 on the BH. Another bat with Rakza 7 soft on the BH. Both bats have the same blade (same maker, same model). I really could go back and forth between the two blades and not miss a bit. C-1 is just slightly less catapulty than Rakza 7 soft. Their hardness is about the same, i.e. they are both pretty soft.

As for arc, I never understand that concept. The arc depends on how your strokes are. I play with low arc. My top spins usually barely go over the top of the table but that's because I grew up playing Chinese rubber and I play close to the table.

So I am going to say, the arc for both C-1 and Rakza 7 soft is just fine. Enough for me to clear the net with my backhand loop to score the point and not high enough for the other player to smack the heck out of it (afterall, with soft rubber, you do not exactly have the highest gear in terms of speed when you push the rubber to its limit). I like the control of the soft rubber. Over the table game is also important to me. Easy blocking is nice too. Whenever I blocked with T05fx, that ball just keeps on flying off the end of the table....

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
I have Xiom Vega europe on bh which I like, I also tried on fh, but it has not much speed and spin as I expected.
Is C1 spinny - maybe as Rakza 7 soft or less? I like if it's as soft as rakza 7 soft.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
I know,
is C1 soft ?
C-1 is not soft. It's 45 degrees sponge. From the topsheet it measures 48 degrees.

If you want a soft Fastarc, then S-1 is what you're looking for. The sponge is 40 degrees. From the sponge it measures 41 degrees.

These measurements were taken by me with a durometer.