Butterfly Rozena!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
There is a type of player - and I know plenty of these myself - who are totally and utterly tied to Butterfly as a brand and won't use anything else. It seems totally insane to me, but each to their own. For this pool of fanatics (I exaggerate for effect here, obviously), Rozena could fill a hole in the line-up. But if sane people are after a slightly less demanding, but still modern feeling, rubber in comparison with tenergy then they already have a cornucopia of options.

I'm sure Rozena will be successful and I'm curious about how it plays, but the price makes me pause.

hahahaha, I agree with you fully here.

These are the Butterfly fan's types you get that doesn't make sense (I know it is not all of them)
1) I will only use Butterfly, because it is the best) - even if it is the timo boll premade bats
2) I am 1 month old in TT, but I will use T05 MAX on both side, and SZLC blade, because it is the best
3) My level is so low, but I will made double the price to get T05 because it will make me play better

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
What is wrong with Roundell?

imo, it was positioned as one level below Tenergy, at a slightly reduced price (trying to tackle the Tensor market)
So players would go for Roundell, and then eventually move up to Tenergy

Now replace the Roundell word with Rozena.... what do you get? :p

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
Dan doesn't get these rubbers by paying (or I hope Dan doesn't need to)
Even I don't need to pay when requesting samples

Yes, hence him thanking this and that company at the end of these videos. As I wrote, he also would earn money and not just do it for free (apart from/on top of other [monetary] benefits of which I don't/can't know). Also he would always be able to keep the rubber, if in some rare cases he couldn't. Even disregarding the latter points, I highly doubt that he can always get his hands on every rubber he wants for free. So why not? :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yes, hence him thanking this and that company at the end of these videos. As I wrote, he also would earn money and not just do it for free (apart from/on top of other [monetary] benefits of which I don't/can't know). Also he would always be able to keep the rubber, if in some rare cases he couldn't. Even disregarding the latter points, I highly doubt that he can always get his hands on every rubber he wants for free. So why not? :)

A year or bit ago I suggest to Dan on "fund raising" on a "special edition" product.
Forum members were not interested in even paying in.
Forum members mostly just want to enter competition for free and score big.

I highly doubt people are willing to chip in a few cents.
If you want, you can donate to TTD
Speak to Dan for more info about this
Good for you to thinking to give back

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Will it be cheaper than Tenergy is the question though..

Yes it will. In Germany 44,90 Euro as compared to 56,90 for any tenergy. But without any chance of a discount that is still more than a Tensor with 20 % off - say an Evolution EL-S that will cost you 36. So will it be that much better or last that much longer or will it just have that winged logo to make it special? ;)

Reactions: sanavasaraja
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yes it will. In Germany 44,90 Euro as compared to 56,90 for any tenergy. But without any chance of a discount that is still more than a Tensor with 20 % off - say an Evolution EL-S that will cost you 36. So will it be that much better or last that much longer or will it just have that winged logo to make it special? ;)

This is the problem for Butterfly in the long-term. Tenergy has had so much success it's burrowed into the brains of many players and they won't consider anything else. So how do they position new models? If they go super-premium they would be harming the existing cash cow. If they go sub-optimal they wade in to a very crowded marketplace and it becomes increasingly difficult to justify premium prices combined with market rigging. It's a delicate situation.

says Aging is a killer
Interesting strategy...

.......... So how do they position new models? If they go super-premium they would be harming the existing cash cow. If they go sub-optimal they wade in to a very crowded marketplace and it becomes increasingly difficult to justify premium prices combined with market rigging. ........

Hmmmm. Following from what you are suggesting, maybe Rowena is a rebranded,lower priced present-day Tenergy or will become so eventually. While Bty will improve Tenergy (super-premium) without changing the name. So they will cover the price spectrum of premium rubbers without affecting the cash cow.
Let's face it, relatively the ESN rubbers have their advantages. But Tenergy has them covered in all round ability for the advanced (and wanna-be) players. The H3 that so many talk about is no where near unless you obtain a non-LARC version or illegally boost.

This user has no status.
I just released my review here on TTD in the review section. Here is the link:
https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/rubbers/15360-rozena
The long version I posted on my German Blog TT-Spin.
Here are also some pictures of my test rubber
Butterfly Rozena auf Primorac 2.jpgButterfly Rozena Belag und Cover.jpgButterfly Rozena Cover.jpgButterfly Rozena Schwamm.jpgButterfly Rozena.jpg

This user has no status.
TT89Player, would this be a good alternative for people who typically use T05 on their backhand?

It depends. If you are searching for a slightly softer rubber which is less sensitive to spin, with more catapult, lower arc and better overall control, than yes. Definitely.
But the rubber has not the same spin and sharp rotation feel. If you need this with your opening topspin or when giving a hard backspin push, than it´s not the right one.

Last edited: