Butterfly rubbers

NDH

says Spin to win!
Hi guys I'm interested to know what the difference is between Dignics 05, Tenergy 05 and (05fx) and also Tenergy 19 as I'm torn which one to get as the backhand rubber. 05 being the forehand rubber

What's your backhand style/ability?

Where about's in the UK do you play (any leagues?)

This user has no status.

OK, assuming you are who I think you are (have you gained 338 points on TT365 in your league this year?), you look to have been playing really well!

What don't you like about your current set up (or what would you like to do more of), because it seems to be pretty successful for you so far?

Yh your probably right, I would like to get more control and spin on my backhand as I don't think I get that with tenergy 80

NDH

says Spin to win!

So, T05 is what I use for now, and it's fantastic if you are feeling confident and have quality strokes (love the spin it produces).

The downside to it is that it's very bouncy, so the short game is harder, and it's easier to pop up some balls for the opposition to get in on.

I'd avoid 05FX personally - It's too soft.

I'm going to try Dignics 05 on my backhand soon. From what I've seen it's a little grippier than T05, similar sort of speed, but with the throw angle coming off a little lower, some of the spin can be deceptive.

T05 looks like a spinny rubber - The shots have an obvious loopy arc (as you probably know from your forehand).

D05 looks to be a bit more deceptive.

I don't think you can go wrong with either, but my recommendation would be to try it out at your next practice session - Just flip your bat and play T05 on the backhand for 30 mins or so, and see how it feels!

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.

So, T05 is what I use for now, and it's fantastic if you are feeling confident and have quality strokes (love the spin it produces).

The downside to it is that it's very bouncy, so the short game is harder, and it's easier to pop up some balls for the opposition to get in on.

I'm going to try Dignics 05 on my backhand soon. From what I've seen it's a little grippier than T05, similar sort of speed, but with the throw angle coming off a little lower, some of the spin can be deceptive.

T05 looks like a spinny rubber - The shots have an obvious loopy arc (as you probably know from your forehand).

I don't think you can go wrong with either, but my recommendation would be to try it out at your next practice session - Just flip your bat and play T05 on the backhand for 30 mins or so, and see how it feels!

Ok next time I play which is tonight I will flip my bat and see how it feels, if not then maybe I can try Dignincs 05, but have your heard anything about how T19 plays

Last edited:
This user has no status.

I also like to lob a lot as i'm quite a good lobber

NDH

says Spin to win!

Ok next time I play which is tonight I will flip my bat and see how it feels, if not then maybe I can try Dignincs 05, but have your heard anything about how T19 plays

Afraid not.

Even though I'm a bit of a sucker for new stuff..... I'm not sure anything has really challenged T05 as an overall attacking rubber.

Especially at our level (top divisions of local league).

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.

Afraid not.

Even though I'm a bit of a sucker for new stuff..... I'm not sure anything has really challenged T05 as an overall attacking rubber.

Especially at our level (top divisions of local league).

Ok no probs, I'll probs just try Tenergy 05 on the backhand, then next time I need new rubbers I will try Dignics 05, then after that Tenergy 19 and see how it goes

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Hello. As I know, Tenergy 19 is almost the same weight as Tenergy 05 and is lighter than Tenergy 05 Hard. “19” would be a good option for players seeking a faster swing speed through the reduced total weight of the racket.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
Hi guys I'm interested to know what the difference is between Dignics 05, Tenergy 05 and (05fx) and also Tenergy 19 as I'm torn which one to get as the backhand rubber. 05 being the forehand rubber

T19 I would say is a controlled version of T05. My son uses it both sides and I know numerous players that are using on bh. Spin I would say more than T80. Arc t19 is inbetween T05 and T80.
Unless you like softer sponge Mayb stay away from T05fx.

D05 is harder sponge than Tenergy and grippier topsheet. It’s harder to use than Tenergy but you will get more out of it with right technique. If you are considering a Dignics then D80 is a good choice and I have been using it on my bh for 1.5 year now. It is easier to use than D05 due to the softer topsheet.

This user has no status.
T19 I would say is a controlled version of T05. My son uses it both sides and I know numerous players that are using on bh. Spin I would say more than T80. Arc t19 is inbetween T05 and T80.
Unless you like softer sponge Mayb stay away from T05fx.

D05 is harder sponge than Tenergy and grippier topsheet. It’s harder to use than Tenergy but you will get more out of it with right technique. If you are considering a Dignics then D80 is a good choice and I have been using it on my bh for 1.5 year now. It is easier to use than D05 due to the softer topsheet.

Yep thanks looks like I might skip Dignics but not sure I'll probably still try it, but I think I'll like T19 better, I'll probs go T05 both sides or T19 on backhand and T05 on Forehand

This user has no status.

OK, assuming you are who I think you are (have you gained 338 points on TT365 in your league this year?), you look to have been playing really well!

What don't you like about your current set up (or what would you like to do more of), because it seems to be pretty successful for you so far?

I would check again at that ranking but not sure I'm a junior so under 18s in England

This user has no status.

Let me know when you play with Dignics 05 as I'm very interested in this rubber especially for the backhand, in Dan's review he said it was more grippier but had a lower throw angle

NDH

says Spin to win!

Let me know when you play with Dignics 05 as I'm very interested in this rubber especially for the backhand, in Dan's review he said it was more grippier but had a lower throw angle

OK, so I've had a bit of a play with Dignics 05 tonight.

Initial impression was a little.... Underwhelming. The throw angle is *much* lower than T05, and it didn't feel particularly special at all.

I'd put my bat out to block on the backhand, and the ball would be put in the bottom of the net, where T05 would rebound nicely, with little effort.

However.... The more I played with it, the more I realised that whilst it might look mundane, Dignics 05 is a bit of a beast.

Backhand flicks (especially off serve).... Wonderful. You can hit them very hard, and the direct trajectory of Dignics 05 gives you more room for error over T05.

Spin..... Deceptive as hell! It doesn't look like you are getting much on it (where as T05 is very obviously spinny), which causes more errors from the opposition.

They'll go to block what looks like a relatively average topspin backhand (not much of an arc), and it'll get blocked long.

Punches are also very direct, with much more control than T05.

It'll take a little time to get used to it, especially on those reaction block type shots that I now need to remember to almost play a counter, rather than just a block....... But I think the ceiling is higher.

I still think T05 is better for easy spin production and comfort - You can absolutely rip them with T05 with relatively little effort, whereas Dignics requires you to play a bit of a better shot.

They are more different than I thought they'd be though - It will take a little bit of time playing with Dignics 05 on the backhand to be really used to it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019

Initial impression was a little.... Underwhelming. The throw angle is *much* lower than T05, and it didn't feel particularly special at all.

I'd put my bat out to block on the backhand, and the ball would be put in the bottom of the net, where T05 would rebound nicely, with little effort.

However.... The more I played with it, the more I realised that whilst it might look mundane, Dignics 05 is a bit of a beast.

Backhand flicks (especially off serve).... Wonderful. You can hit them very hard, and the direct trajectory of Dignics 05 gives you more room for error over T05.

Spin..... Deceptive as hell! It doesn't look like you are getting much on it (where as T05 is very obviously spinny), which causes more errors from the opposition.

They'll go to block what looks like a relatively average topspin backhand (not much of an arc), and it'll get blocked long.

It'll take a little time to get used to it, especially on those reaction block type shots that I now need to remember to almost play a counter, rather than just a block....... But I think the ceiling is higher.

I still think T05 is better for easy spin production and comfort - You can absolutely rip them with T05 with relatively little effort, whereas Dignics requires you to play a bit of a better shot.

They are more different than I thought they'd be though - It will take a little bit of time playing with Dignics 05 on the backhand to be really used to it.

T05 is easy to use and bouncy, rubber does a lot of the work for you. d05 requires good technique but you will get way more out of it especially the spin. D80 is a very good choice, not as popular as D05 pretty much like T80 which isn’t as widely used at T05. The 05 versions seem to be more popular but I have used D05 and have been using D80 for over 1.5 yrs and I love it. The top sheet is little softer than D05 which makes it easier to use, little softer feeling, it’s great for punch and blocking. Lower arc than D05, and it produces monsterous spin like D05 except it’s easier.

This user has no status.

Ok thanks for the little review do you recommend putting dignincs 05 on the backhand

This user has no status.
T05 is easy to use and bouncy, rubber does a lot of the work for you. d05 requires good technique but you will get way more out of it especially the spin. D80 is a very good choice, not as popular as D05 pretty much like T80 which isn’t as widely used at T05. The 05 versions seem to be more popular but I have used D05 and have been using D80 for over 1.5 yrs and I love it. The top sheet is little softer than D05 which makes it easier to use, little softer feeling, it’s great for punch and blocking. Lower arc than D05, and it produces monsterous spin like D05 except it’s easier.

Cool