changing bats?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Does the paddle ever deteriorate? Or should you only buy a new one when you're upgrading?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Yeah I'm with Loopadoop here.

My Stiga Clipper is probably 6-7 years old. If it has changed at all, then the difference is so small I can't tell the difference. So then I must ask if it matters.

Unless you plan on going pro, I wouldn't worry about it. A bat can last you pretty much forever or as long as you want it to.

Reactions: phorkyas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Yeah I'm with Loopadoop here.

My Stiga Clipper is probably 6-7 years old. If it has changed at all, then the difference is so small I can't tell the difference. So then I must ask if it matters.

Unless you plan on going pro, I wouldn't worry about it. A bat can last you pretty much forever or as long as you want it to.
Second that. Pulled my Grubbs All+ from the cupboard after a 15 years pause and it felt as if nothing happened (rubbers tho worn out.. new tensors were fun)

Sent from my ZTE Grand S II LTE using Tapatalk

Reactions: suds79
This user has no status.
Does the paddle ever deteriorate? Or should you only buy a new one when you're upgrading?

Are you referring to the blade (wood part) only? They can last decades if well looked after. Rubbers need replacing every so often as they lose both grip of the top sheet and springiness of the sponge over time. They last about 100 hours of play for an intermediate+ player, depending on the rubber.