cheap aliexpress rubbers vs. more expensive ones.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
I have about 8 different racket setups at any moment. But the one I listed in my profile is my strongest setup at the moment, so I just listed it. I'm very close to coming back to Jupiter 3 and Big Dipper again. They are so fun to play with, so everytime I put them down I will start missing them in a few months.

I'm about 1900 player. I played a little as a child but didn't play seriously/regularly for 20 years and started playing more seriously 3 years ago. 3 years ago maybe I was about 1200? but I got better and better the past 3 years.

Here are some clips: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...th-also-my-biggest-weakness.32955/post-443299
nice to see you play :)
I never competed and dont know the ranking system. But im the 2nd best in my town and the nr. 1 is a former pro. I take sets of him but not games. The play we have I see now is much faster. We flick and smash on most balls. No time to just doing controlled loops as it will be punished right away. I play few hours daily.
Will check out these chinese rubbers and pray and hope they have the speed I need. much appreciated bro. TT is such fun.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
nice to see you play :)
I never competed and dont know the ranking system. But im the 2nd best in my town and the nr. 1 is a former pro. I take sets of him but not games. The play we have I see now is much faster. We flick and smash on most balls. No time to just doing controlled loops as it will be punished right away. I play few hours daily.
Will check out these chinese rubbers and pray and hope they have the speed I need. much appreciated bro. TT is such fun.
Maybe you are 2300? I don't know. You should upload video of your play.

But even at a high level, I think these rubbers will be good for you.

Reactions: Cadoia
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
Maybe you are 2300? I don't know. You should upload video of your play.

But even at a high level, I think these rubbers will be good for you.
ill be ordering them all. If I could end up spending that much less on rubbers and still be happy with performance it would be a great relief for the budget. really appreciate your work, testing and then sharing for all to benefit. Thank you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
ill be ordering them all. If I could end up spending that much less on rubbers and still be happy with performance it would be a great relief for the budget. really appreciate your work, testing and then sharing for all to benefit. Thank you.
Sure. I also have D09c and Stiga Dragon Grip on some blades now. I don't feel the Chinese rubbers are worse, maybe just slightly different in feeling. But in spin and loop quality, I feel they are really similar.

You said you like D09c and K3, but why do you have G1 in your profile?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
After you test them, please give us a ranking of those rubbers. I'm curious which rubbers you like best of those batch.

Do you boost as well?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
Sure. I also have D09c and Stiga Dragon Grip on some blades now. I don't feel the Chinese rubbers are worse, maybe just slightly different in feeling. But in spin and loop quality, I feel they are really similar.

You said you like D09c and K3, but why do you have G1 in your profile?
because I cant afford the other 2 :) Or rather I refuse to spend that kind of money on a piece of rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
After you test them, please give us a ranking of those rubbers. I'm curious which rubbers you like best of those batch.

Do you boost as well?
I will.
never boosted before. first time for everything. Ill order the booster glue as well as I dont mind having to do that if I can get as good a game for 1/5th the price.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I will.
never boosted before. first time for everything. Ill order the booster glue as well as I dont mind having to do that if I can get as good a game for 1/5th the price.
If you get booster, then it really opens up your options for rubber. Arthur China, Jupiter 3, Big Dipper, Bloom Power are all really really good without booster.

But if you also plan on boosting, there are rubbers that can be boosted into the same speed and spin as D09c. I found Loki's GTX to be the best boosted rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
If you get booster, then it really opens up your options for rubber. Arthur China, Jupiter 3, Big Dipper, Bloom Power are all really really good without booster.

But if you also plan on boosting, there are rubbers that can be boosted into the same speed and spin as D09c. I found Loki's GTX to be the best boosted rubber.
Yes I saw that in the other great review you made. I will get booster for that one, but I prefer if possible not to have to go through that process.
How long does the effect stay with seamon Booster on these rubbers at 2 hours hard play daily?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Yes I saw that in the other great review you made. I will get booster for that one, but I prefer if possible not to have to go through that process.
How long does the effect stay with seamon Booster on these rubbers at 2 hours hard play daily?
In my experience, the effect is permanent. So on the first day of booster, maybe the effect goes from 0 to 100. Then on the 2nd week the effect is 90. And at the 6th week the effect is 80. And after 3 years, the effect is 75.

So for me, I usually just boost a rubber one time (with 2 layers of booster), and then never boost it again. I feel the effect stays forever.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
For example I boosted my GTX 3 years ago. But it is still very bouncy like D09c.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
In my experience, the effect is permanent. So on the first day of booster, maybe the effect goes from 0 to 100. Then on the 2nd week the effect is 90. And at the 6th week the effect is 80. And after 3 years, the effect is 75.

So for me, I usually just boost a rubber one time (with 2 layers of booster), and then never boost it again. I feel the effect stays forever.
well in that case maybe there is an argument to be said for boosting them all either way?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Also, just to be clear: I boosted the GTX with TT booster plus 1 layer of baby oil.

I found that the booster added a lot of catapult to the rubber, but the baby oil added dwell time/control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020

What is the sponge hardness of Loki Rxton 3 Pink and Loki GTX ?

Thank you sir.
Best regards,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
Also, just to be clear: I boosted the GTX with TT booster plus 1 layer of baby oil.

I found that the booster added a lot of catapult to the rubber, but the baby oil added dwell time/control.
Ah yes I wanted to ask about that. Where/how do you apply baby oil? thats totally new to me. never heard of that before.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
bubble? sorry but what does that mean? New to me as I never boosted before.
Bubble isn't specific to booster.

Bubble is when the topsheet separates from the sponge. Sometimes it happens to very hard hitting loopers. It depends on the rubber, but some rubbers don't react well to booster and it causes the topsheet to separate from the sponge. I believe Nittaku Hammond Z2 has this problem.

With Arthur China, some people have reported bubbling after booster. Some people have said there was no problem.

I personally didn't boost the Arthur China to be safe.