cheap aliexpress rubbers vs. more expensive ones.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
I see a lot of talk on this forum around how great many of these very cheap chinese rubbers are they buy on AliExpress.

It sounds too good to be true in a way as many cost like 10-15$ only.

Is the Pro's playing with these rubbers?
Are they really that good?
Or you get what you pay for?

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
Pros don't play with such a cheap equipment because they have contracts and use top notch rubbers and blades.
So you take a common Tensioned rubber. E.g. Andro Rasanter R47. It is 50$. Would Jupiter 3 at 15$ be 3 times worse? Short answer: No.
Long answer: they are different rubbers for different techniques. Neither Andro nor Yinhe is worse.

For the price rubbers on Ali are really good. But to be honest I would buy Jupiter 3 even at 30-40$ just because it's good as hell FOR ME.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
Pros don't play with such a cheap equipment because they have contracts and use top notch rubbers and blades.
So you take a common Tensioned rubber. E.g. Andro Rasanter R47. It is 50$. Would Jupiter 3 at 15$ be 3 times worse? Short answer: No.
Long answer: they are different rubbers for different techniques. Neither Andro nor Yinhe is worse.

For the price rubbers on Ali are really good. But to be honest I would buy Jupiter 3 even at 30-40$ just because it's good as hell FOR ME.
so you are basically comparing a 50$ rubber with a 4.5$ rubber. And like the cheap one better.
I mean thats just great. Low budget play at same level at the expensive ones.
I just need to wrap my head around this.... considering the fortune I spend already haha.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I see a lot of talk on this forum around how great many of these very cheap chinese rubbers are they buy on AliExpress.

It sounds too good to be true in a way as many cost like 10-15$ only.

Is the Pro's playing with these rubbers?
Are they really that good?
Or you get what you pay for?
I wrote a few guides that will be helpful to you.

Some of the $15 rubbers are absolutely very good, as good as the expensive Euro or JP rubbers.

Some of them are not as good. But none of them are truly bad bad.

The biggest difference is probably the QC, rather than the rubber playing properties.

Reactions: Cadoia
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Agreed, but not only that reason. They also play with top equipment because they do not want to take any chances with inferior stuff. They simply can not afford to be let down by their tools.
I think it depends a lot on what level of competition one plays and how much one really wants to win.
The garage player who plays on a sunday afternoon has not the same demands as a serious club player etc. etc etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
so you are basically comparing a 50$ rubber with a 4.5$ rubber. And like the cheap one better.
I just need to wrap my head around this.... considering the fortune I spend already haha.
I would highly recommend you try a few of the $15 rubbers, I think you will be surprised by the quality.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
I would highly recommend you try a few of the $15 rubbers, I think you will be surprised by the quality.
Ok so if I use Viscaria. Like the effects of D09c, hybrid k3. Need plenty of everything, spin, speed and control. what would you say would be top 3 rubbers to look at from aliexpress? its fine if it cost more than 15$ as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Ok so if I use Viscaria. Like the effects of D09c, hybrid k3. Need plenty of everything, spin, speed and control. what would you say would be top 3 rubbers to look at from aliexpress? its fine if it cost more than 15$ as well.
For the blade, you can get the Yinhe Pro 01.

For Rubber: Loki Arthur China, Yinhe Big Dipper are best. Bloom Power and Rxton 3 Pink are good too.

look here:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
I have a hard time wrapping my head around small sheets of rubber and foam costing $60-$80. So I guess we're looking at things from opposite perspectives.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
the equipment listed in your profile, you are using this setup at the moment?
What is your level of play? How many years have you been playing if you dont mind me asking?
I have about 8 different racket setups at any moment. But the one I listed in my profile is my strongest setup at the moment, so I just listed it. I'm very close to coming back to Jupiter 3 and Big Dipper again. They are so fun to play with, so everytime I put them down I will start missing them in a few months.

I'm about 1900 player. I played a little as a child but didn't play seriously/regularly for 20 years and started playing more seriously 3 years ago. 3 years ago maybe I was about 1200? but I got better and better the past 3 years.

Here are some clips: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...th-also-my-biggest-weakness.32955/post-443299