China Smash 2026, Beijing, 10/1-11

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Moderator
Oct 2014
20,951
27,718
73,940
Read 17 reviews
That's where I find the comparison interesting - Truls is extremely FH favored and LJK is extremely BH favored, not to mention how they prefer to engage in the points
You are being a bit reliant on overall reputation, he is watching them with fresh eyes, and tbh, Liang is often BH dominant relative to a CNT player, vs Europeans, he doesn't really scale.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
May 2025
111
116
302
Predictions:
-My man Sidorenko back for party, hope its a banger vs LJK and wins 3-2
-Diaz goes home first round again, this time vs Odo 1-3
-Hugo vs Dima what a banger, 3-1

And I hope the Kirill vs An Jaehyun and Alexis vs Redzimski are both bangers, I like this 4 playstyles
Only lost the Sido one, not bad at all, he and LJK both were not that clean on the table but was a good match, Sido needs to practice harder to regain confidence

Diaz on the other hand... idk if she can get out of her bad streak

And damn, Kirill always plays for the show, gg
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2019
1,222
935
6,322
Sido kept placing two shots to the same spots to LJK and then got countered on the second one. No one can beat LJK this way.

Also he played his backhand loop to LJK's backhand a lot. He should have known that from the first game that it did not work
 
  • Like
Reactions: jonol
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Aug 2019
18
14
32
Impressive match by Kuo. Surprisingly the most one-sided match in the first round, probably by far. Ranefur did not find a single serve that put Kuo under any pressure.
If Kuo continues to chiquita like Lin in his best days, then he will be a very dangerous opponent for Liang and potentially Sora afterwards. Although still not likely, I would not be shocked to see a major underdog run by the youngster.
 
  • Like
Reactions: piligrim
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
May 2011
2,599
3,141
7,465
As I pointed out earlier in my post about Movileanu, Sidorenko has a very predictable game and IMO is just a one trick pony. He benefitted from the lack of exposure of Russian athletes earlier, surprised a lot of people with his aggressive lefty step-around FH game, but I think the honeymoon period is over.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Apr 2018
50
17
152
So fast?
 

Attachments

  • clipboard-image-1791231824.png
    clipboard-image-1791231824.png
    673.4 KB · Views: 45
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Jun 2026
398
264
1,081
That's where I find the comparison interesting - Truls is extremely FH favored and LJK is extremely BH favored, not to mention how they prefer to engage in the points
@kindof99 I'm just looking at their occasional use of some quite nuanced stroke production. On the FH they both do that elbow above racket with the top of the bat as the leading edge shot (I guess it's an instinctive adjustment to keep the ball down?). Then on BH they do that almost slow motion heavy topspin shot apparently without any wrist or elbow (slow motion might prove this completely wrong) just using the deltoids. I really can't imagine how they do that one. It's a bit like a one handed tennis BH from a square stance.
I find them both to be quite similar in this way. I hadn't seen LJK before and thought Truls was unique in those shots but there it is. Another top pro doing similar unusual things.
 
Last edited:
Top