China Super League 2014 (CTTSL)

Who do you think will win the China Super League (CTTSL) 2014?

• Ningbo Club – Ma Long, Yan An, Joo Se Hyuk, Lin Gaoyuan, Lyu Xiang

Votes: 113 54.3%
  • Shanghai Club - Xu Xin, Shang Kun, Zhao Zihao, Chen Zhiyang, Zhang Yang

Votes: 14 6.7%
  • Shandong Luneng Club - Zhang Jike, Hao Shuai, Fang Bo, Wu Hao, Wei Shihao, Liu Dingshuo, Timo Boll

Votes: 45 21.6%
  • Tianjin Club - Chuang Chih-Yuan, Li Ping, Ma Te, Kong Lingxuan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jiangsu Club – Dimitrij Ovtcharov, Zhang Chao, Cui Qinglei, Lin Chen, Wu Jiaji, Cai Wei, Wang Yikai

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Bayi Club - Wang Hao, Fan Zhendong, Zhou Yu, Xu Chenhao

Votes: 28 13.5%
  • Bazhou Club - Liang Jingkun, Zhai Chao, Cheng Jingqi, Fan Shengpeng

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Sichuan Club - Qiu Yike, Xu Ruifeng, Zhu Linfeng, Chen Xi, Zheng Peifeng, Lai Jiaxin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guangdong Club - Liu Jikang, Yin Hang, Liu Yanan, Liu Weiheng, Wang Yang (Czech Republic), Yin Jingy

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Shandong Weiqiao - Ma Lin, Liu Yi, Zhang Yudong, Yu Ziyang, Ren Hao, Jiang Tianyi

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
It's really little for them.
They are the bests in Europe. Any soccer player in Europe get like 10 times more money for every match.
This is shame that not all TT pro players can get enough money from playing it.

Is it really little for them? Did some one tell you that? Is some other place offering more?

If you really want to compare soccer, then many sports can't be compared, in fact if you want to compare basketball, then soccer is nothing too

Any ways, with this kind of money ,it is "enough" money (which you claim not enough)

If they play all matches, it can be over USD 300 000 for 3 months, or USD 100 000 per month.
If that is not enough, then they seriously need to look at the way they live they lifes and change to become a soccer player or something.

Reactions: agold
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
2014 CTTSL Men's Club Rosters
Club Player
Ningbo Ma Long, Yan An, Lin Gaoyuan, LYU Xiang, JOO Saehyuk (Korea Republic)
ShanghaiXu Xin, Shang Kun, Zhao Zihao, Chen Zhiyang, Zhang Yang
Shandong LunengZhang Jike, Hao Shuai, Fang Bo, Wu Hao, Wei Shihao, Liu Dingshuo, Timo Boll (Germany)
BayiWang Hao, Zhou Yu, Fan Zhendong, Xu Chenhao
JiangsuZhang Chao, Cui Qinglei, Lin Chen, Wu Jiaji, Cai Wei, Wang Yikai, Wang Kelin, Dimitrij Ovtcharov (Germany)
TianjinLi Ping, Ma Te, Kong Lingxuan, Chuang Chih-Yuan (Chinese Taipei)
BazhouLiang Jingkun, Zhai Chao, Cheng Jingqi, Fan Shengpeng
GuangdongLiu Jikang, Yin Hang, Liu Yanan, Liu Weiheng, Wang Yang (Slovak Republic), Yin Jingyuan (Singapore)
SichuanQiu Yike, Xu Ruifeng, Zhu Linfeng, Chen Xi, Zheng Peifeng, Lai Jiaxin
Shandong WeiqiaoMa Lin, Liu Yi, Zhang Yudong, Yu Ziyang, Ren Hao, Jiang Tianyi (Hong Kong)

Last edited:
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Is it really little for them? Did some one tell you that? Is some other place offering more?

If you really want to compare soccer, then many sports can't be compared, in fact if you want to compare basketball, then soccer is nothing too

Any ways, with this kind of money ,it is "enough" money (which you claim not enough)

If they play all matches, it can be over USD 300 000 for 3 months, or USD 100 000 per month.
If that is not enough, then they seriously need to look at the way they live they lifes and change to become a soccer player or something.
I never said that is not enough for them. I mean not all pros can get enough money by just playing in leagues. At least in Iran they can't.

This user has no status.
New plastic balls will be used in almost all ITTF events after July 1th. I'm wondering which ball they are going to use in CTTSL. They may use current or plastic balls for the whole season or switch the ball after 1th of July.
Very confusing :confused:

July 1st already? I thought 1st August but I could be wrong

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I never said that is not enough for them. I mean not all pros can get enough money by just playing in leagues. At least in Iran they can't.

LOL
Let me quote what you said "It's really little for them" and "This is shame that not all TT pro players can get enough money from playing it."

Lol, we are talking about Dima and Timo Boll's earnings in CSL, and you said that is not enough for them, and now you are bringing out Iran players earning in leagues? Are we even talking about the same thing? Or I'm talking about 2 players and you are talking about 200 players?

Do you even know how to define Pro?
A national champion does not mean he/she is a professional player.

I see that your top Iran player is WR58, that means he should be able to play 1st division in China and also earn some money too. In fact, there is even a chance he can play in the super league.
Why didn't he get his manager to neogiate it for him? (Since you brough out Iran can't get enough money by just playing leagues).

What other leagues does he play in? what is his earning?

Last edited:
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
LOL
Let me quote what you said "It's really little for them" and "This is shame that not all TT pro players can get enough money from playing it."

Lol, we are talking about Dima and Timo Boll's earnings in CSL, and you said that is not enough for them, and now you are bringing out Iran players earning in leagues? Are we even talking about the same thing? Or I'm talking about 2 players and you are talking about 200 players?

Do you even know how to define Pro?
A national champion does not mean he/she is a professional player.

I see that your top Iran player is WR58, that means he should be able to play 1st division in China and also earn some money too. In fact, there is even a chance he can play in the super league.
Why didn't he get his manager to neogiate it for him? (Since you brough out Iran can't get enough money by just playing leagues).

What other leagues does he play in? what is his earning?
Little doesn't mean enough. It's just not as much as they (Dima, Timo) deserves.

Anyway i'm talking about the major society of Pro TT players not just Dima and Boll.

If a national champ is not pro so who is pro?

Also you can't say because Noshad Alamiyan can get money by playing so anyone can do the same. If they can they didn't need to have and extra job beside TT.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Little doesn't mean enough. It's just not as much as they (Dima, Timo) deserves.

Anyway i'm talking about the major society of Pro TT players not just Dima and Boll.

Also you can't say because Noshad Alamiyan can get money by playing so anyone can do the same. If they can they didn't need to have and extra job beside TT.

You back to your old habbit again, we talking about A and you want to talk about B.

1) We are talking about Dima and Timo's earnings
"Both Timo and Dima is getting RMB100000 per apperrance.
That is around US16000"

2) You replied
"It's really little for them.
They are the bests in Europe. Any soccer player in Europe get like 10 times more money for every match.
This is shame that not all TT pro players can get enough money from playing it."

3) I asked you
"Is it really little for them? Did some one tell you that? Is some other place offering more?"
and told you
"Any ways, with this kind of money ,it is "enough" money (which you claim not enough)"

4) your response
"I never said that is not enough for them. I mean not all pros can get enough money by just playing in leagues. At least in Iran they can't."

Now can you see a pattern?
What does Iran has to do with 1, 2, and 3?

so now 5) you confirmed that
"major society of Pro TT players not just Dima and Boll"

That is the problem, because I shared the news of Dima and Boll (A), but you like to go and talk about other people(B)
Seriously, you are derailing the subject and tying to expand something that is not necessary.
If you want to talk about other players that are not part of Chinese Super League, then do it in another thread!

Again, as I said, this is not the first time you doing things like this.
Other forum members can confrim or deny

Reactions: MDanielCRO
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Now with number 6 coming up - totally got nothing to do with CSL or Dima/Timo's earnings

National Champion is national champion
You can be a national champion and be world rank 1000 or even more. There is no ways that is a professional job/career level
Chances are that your Iran or USA number 10 can beat this "national champion" very easily.
Professional is about having a level where you can play professional and take it as a professional career. Not being some top player (national champion, in some weak country) or having a level and not making a career out of it.

I laughed when some one called me saying he is a professional table tennis player in South Africa, whereby he is just a club player, and no way near the level of my U12 students. Player better table tennis doesn't make you a professional!

Your second part - don't quite understand.....
"so anyone can do the same"
"didn't need to have and extra job besides TT"
Really confusing...

Last edited:
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Everything is messing up here.

I have to make my points clear now:

1)Timo and Dima deserves more that 16,000 USD for every match.

2)Most of pro TT players can not continue their life by just playing TT.

I'm want to talk about all of pro TT players but you want to talk about Dima and Timo.

Its not my fault that you can't get what i'm talking about.
I have wrote: "This is shame that not ALL TT pro players can get enough money from playing it."
and you answered: "
Any ways, with this kind of money ,it is "enough" money (which you claim not enough)"

It was talking about all pros but you think i was talking about Dima and Boll. You didn't see that "ALL" word there.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Everything is messing up here.

I have to make my points clear now:

1)Timo and Dima deserves more that 16,000 USD for every match.

2)Most of pro TT players can not continue their life by just playing TT.

I'm want to talk about all of pro TT players but you want to talk about Dima and Timo.

Its not my fault that you can't get what i'm talking about.
I have wrote: "This is shame that not ALL TT pro players can get enough money from playing it."
and you answered: "
Any ways, with this kind of money ,it is "enough" money (which you claim not enough)"

It was talking about all pros but you think i was talking about Dima and Boll. You didn't see that "ALL" word there.

LOL, this is exactly how you normally reply.

Okay, I wonder who started this thread about China super league, it might be you. So we are talking about players inside super league, hmm okay.... That makes Dima and Timo part of this discussion and I was talking about them and you bring in other people and God knows how many other's is in your "ALL"

Lets talk about your two points
1) So how much more should Dima and Timo deserve? what is the "right" number for you?

2) Most of Professional table tennis players that I know of or read in the news play for a living. So if you want to argue some body that is not high enough level, then we need to debate if you can classify them as pro or not. But from my understand as a Pro, that is they bread and butter and they live off they table tennis skills. Baring in mind, not all sportsman can become "rich", but since you said "continue they life", so there is alot that can continue they life with table tennis

Any ways, lets come back to CSL - a topic that you started, I want to see what you feel the number 1 league and the top clubs in the world should be paying top world class players like Dima and Timo....

Last edited:
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
LOL, this is exactly how you normally reply.

Okay, I wonder who started this thread about China super league, it might be you. So we are talking about players inside super league, hmm okay.... That makes Dima and Timo part of this discussion and I was talking about them and you bring in other people and God knows how many other's is in your "ALL"

Lets talk about your two points
1) So how much more should Dima and Timo deserve? what is the "right" number for you?

2) Most of Professional table tennis players that I know of or read in the news play for a living. So if you want to argue some body that is not high enough level, then we need to debate if you can classify them as pro or not. But from my understand as a Pro, that is they bread and butter and they live off they table tennis skills. Baring in mind, not all sportsman can become "rich", but since you said "continue they life", so there is alot that can continue they life with table tennis

Any ways, lets come back to CSL - a topic that you started, I want to see what you feel the number 1 league and the top clubs in the world should be paying top world class players like Dima and Timo....
1) Simply don't know.

2) Continuing there life is something and become rich is another. It's my mistake here. I have to write "become rich" instead of continuing their life.

Ok, lets get back to CTTSL. Maybe i will make a thread about how much a TT player deserves in future.

Don't know why i just have this kind of problems with you Tony. Maybe because you are the only one who have enough time to answer me ;)
I will use names instead of "them" or "he" to make the discussion clear in future.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
1) Simply don't know.

2) Continuing there life is something and become rich is another. It's my mistake here. I have to write "become rich" instead of continuing their life.

Ok, lets get back to CTTSL. Maybe i will make a thread about how much a TT player deserves in future.

Don't know why i just have this kind of problems with you Tony. Maybe because you are the only one who have enough time to answer me ;)
I will use names instead of "them" or "he" to make the discussion clear in future.

Well, I think for starters we both can agree that, YOU replied to me, so I have to reply to YOU. This is called manners, or unless you want someone else to reply for our behalves?

I am suprised you don't know what is the right amount and with your expert opnion, you still state that Dima and Timo should deserves more,
But they are at the CSL cap already - see the other thread I started. More details is explained there.
So what you are saying about Dima and Timo is basically stating that one of the best/riches leagues in the world is paying too little.... that is a big claim I must add.

If you have something to back your claims (other than just your idea of players getting rich), then great, please share it.
Otherwise, I will just say, its some attention seaking habbit of you. Always wanting to have a say in something and not really adding value.

In the other thread, I have provided facts, and as I said, i'm not sure what other sports get paid. We don't need to talk about tier 1 sports like basketball, we can talk about more reasonable ranked sports in comparison with table tennis. If you have facts, please share there

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Anyways coming back to the original topic. I think that Bayi can be a major threat to Shandong and Ningbo. FZD WR-3, Zhou You WR-14 and WH and Xu Chenhao as backups.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Anyways coming back to the original topic. I think that Bayi can be a major threat to Shandong and Ningbo. FZD WR-3, Zhou You WR-14 and WH and Xu Chenhao as backups.

Those 2 teams are unchanged.
During last season WH has fallen to number 2 while FZD has taken over the number 1 spot.
I won't be suprised the WH falls even more, this depending on ZY.

Ningbo having Ma Long, with Yan An + JSH isn't that easy to beat.

Shanghai is also weaker with WLQ retiring.
Luneng is even stronger with Timo added, I think this is the dream team - with Fang Bo and Hao Shuai fighting for the 3rd spot (both good enough to play in 2 in other teams)
I think Dima is preparing for WTTC so choose Jiangsu team, where Suzhou is host of WTTC2015, other than that, he is clearly team leader again.

I think the other 5 teams will be the bottom 5 teams.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Ningbo and Luneng-definitely the strongest

As for bayi-Wang Hao is getting old,and im sure his stamina is not like what it was,so i dont think he poses a big threat.

IMO Ningbo will win it,but you can never tell.

Zhang jike and Timo make a good pair for leading Luneng.

JSH performance in WTTTC was amazing,and I hope he can carry on that good performance.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
2014 CTTSL Men's Club Rosters
Club Player
Ningbo Ma Long, Yan An, Lin Gaoyuan, LYU Xiang, JOO Saehyuk (Korea Republic)
ShanghaiXu Xin, Shang Kun, Zhao Zihao, Chen Zhiyang, Zhang Yang
Shandong LunengZhang Jike, Hao Shuai, Fang Bo, Wu Hao, Wei Shihao, Liu Dingshuo, Timo Boll (Germany)
BayiWang Hao, Zhou Yu, Fan Zhendong, Xu Chenhao
JiangsuZhang Chao, Cui Qinglei, Lin Chen, Wu Jiaji, Cai Wei, Wang Yikai, Wang Kelin, Dimitrij Ovtcharov (Germany)
TianjinLi Ping, Ma Te, Kong Lingxuan, Chuang Chih-Yuan (Chinese Taipei)
BazhouLiang Jingkun, Zhai Chao, Cheng Jingqi, Fan Shengpeng
GuangdongLiu Jikang, Yin Hang, Liu Yanan, Liu Weiheng, Wang Yang (Czech Republic), Yin Jingyuan (Singapore)
SichuanQiu Yike, Xu Ruifeng, Zhu Linfeng, Chen Xi, Zheng Peifeng, Lai Jiaxin
Shandong WeiqiaoMa Lin, Liu Yi, Zhang Yudong, Yu Ziyang, Ren Hao, Jiang Tianyi (Hong Kong)

I have a feeling Shandong will win this year. Timo Boll and Zhang Jike! What a paring!