China vs. World

Who will win China vs. World??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I don't know, Timo Boll is pretty obvious for a choice, and Mizutani, while he generally never wins, makes it close, so he might get lucky and win one. When Ovtarchov first came on the scene, he caused some of the Chinese players trouble because of his unique style, but since then, he really hasn't given any of the Chinese players too much trouble. I think Samsonov is the better choice, because on his good day his play style can match well against Ma Long.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
I also think that the world team with Boll, Mizutani and Joo Se Hyuk is the right setup (eventhough i would also have seen Ryu Seung Min in the team). But they have got a european, a japanse and a korean. It is the right representants for both the sport and the big nations of table tennis in the world. Having Ovtcharov or Samsonov wouldn't have been any good.

Here they represent the most important countries and a really offensive player, a classic defensive player and a allround player. I really think they did a fantastic job putting together the team!

Does any disagree taking this in aspect?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
No, you're right.
I don't think Ovtcharov would have any chance. Ok, he's good and has his own style but after a moment, Liu Guoliang will find his weakpoint and bang, game over.
Samsonov, I really don't know.. Maybe he would have a chance, I don't know ^^
It's a nice setup and they're really strong. I think they can do it!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
No, you're right.
I don't think Ovtcharov would have any chance. Ok, he's good and has his own style but after a moment, Liu Guoliang will find his weakpoint and bang, game over.
Samsonov, I really don't know.. Maybe he would have a chance, I don't know ^^
It's a nice setup and they're really strong. I think they can do it!

Samsonov would pwn them all back then in his prime..
Right now he still played amazingly but somehow his strokes are not that powerful anymore..

I believe Samsonov could beat the Chinese with enough determination and POWER (because his control over the ball is insane enough)..
Just look at his action in World Cup 2009 beating Chen Qi and Ma Long.. Wanna see that again for sure :)

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
Wow Timo really got CRUSHED by Ma Long.
It almost looked pathetic... Did Timo look a bit pale? I hope he has some excuses like illness or lack of training, cuz if not, he's just not good enough to compete these guys...

Lan

says ahh that sucks, thamks for writing back though:)

Lan

says ahh that sucks, thamks for writing back though:)
Jan 2011
Ma Long was on fire!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Here is a playlist of Full Matches from CCTV [they didn't upload the latest(5th) match yet] ::: youtube.com/playlist?p=PL751AA972894D5357

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Samsonov would pwn them all back then in his prime..
Right now he still played amazingly but somehow his strokes are not that powerful anymore..

I believe Samsonov could beat the Chinese with enough determination and POWER (because his control over the ball is insane enough)..
Just look at his action in World Cup 2009 beating Chen Qi and Ma Long.. Wanna see that again for sure :)

hmmm nah, it depends on which Chinese player. Samsonov even in his prime sucked against Ma Lin. He usually lost against WLQ also, though WLQ did lose to him in the world cup finals one year.

As for the overall tournament, Boll seems to have gotten a lot better at counterlooping. He has never beat Xu Xin in the past, and normally when Xu Xin was able to start looping with his forehand, the point was as good as over. This time Boll was able to counter loop some of them back, prolong the point, and that made all the difference.

I am starting to lose some of my initial enthusiasm towards Xu Xin, sure his length and reach helps him get some great forehand loops once the point progresses to the mid game, but penhold style in general, is all about the short game and staying close to the table, and in that regard, it might be more advantageous to be Ma Lin and Wang Hao height....

Mizutani also played well, his backhand little flick down the line caused Xu Xin a lot of problems, and he was able to play more offensively. If he can keep improving, he will replace Boll as the biggest threat to China.

The Ma Long vs Boll match was just a huge slaughter....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
I dont know if this is true but it seems that Joo start to use his backhand attack more frequently..
This is always what I want to see from a defender (can attack from both side whether it is a twiddle-loop or flat hit )..
Too many balls can be attacked from the BH but the ball is only pushed with the LP making it easily attacked..

I always hope Ruwen Filus could set a new standard in modern defensive game after Joo but his defence is not as strong as Joo..
Me myself practiced BH loop consecutively for a few days before changing to LP so that I could counter-attack well from both side..
This is my view as a defender about Joo sucessfuly winning a set over Ma..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Just watched the full match between boll and xu xin, and ma lin and joo. Boll plays very well against Xu Xin, the performance in 4th and 5th just outstanding. However, I have no idea what have Xu Xin doing lately. Seems like he could not keep up the performance as same as early this year. Maybe he try to develope some new skill after the WTTC, but it looks like he just messed up in some part.

But I feel so sorry for Joo, Ma Lin just pretty hot lately. The lost is not Joo's fault thought.