Chinese Men's WTTC Trials 2011

Who would you like to see represent China in the WTTC 2011?

• Wang Hao

Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • Ma Lin

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • Wang Liqin

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Chen Qi

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Hao Shaui

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Could be interesting,will one of the legends miss out,wand or ma? chen qi was brilliant at englishopen,never heard of zhang chao,they will def pick xu xin so its 2 from ma ,chen and wang, wish we had this problem,,,lol..

Hopefully they'll go with xu xin. I'd really like to see Ma Lin have a crack at the world champioinship for the last time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Zhang Jike and Xu Xin have been running really hot at the moment. Would love Ma Lin to win though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Tough standards Scylla! The idea behind the Chinese choices isn't about picking 1 guy who can beat boll. It's about picking 4 guys who can not only beat Boll, but have a great chance of reaching the semifinals. I don't think any Chinese player is a lock to beat boll. However, beating a Chinese in the semifinals, and again in the finals after winning a tough match in the quarters against someone like mizutani, Ryu, or Joo seems like a really tall mountain to climb for Boll. However, boll may not have to play a Chinese now until the finals, because Hao Shuai may not make it to the semifinals, and that is what makes Bolls' chances so much better. The Chinese don't have any 1 player who is completely unbeatable for boll, but they have about 7 guys who have legitimate chances or are even favored against Boll, and that is what gives the Chinese the biggest advantage for the worlds.

It's a tough standard, thats correct, but really at the moment, there isn't anyone out there other than Boll, who has more than a 20 percent chance of beating Ma Lin, Ma Long, Xu Xin, Zhang Jike, Wang Liqin, Wang Hao. Samsonov, Mizutani, and maybe Joo are the only ones who I even have a greater than 10 percent chance of winning against any of these players. Of course, random luck occurs and overall, no one beside Boll can beat more than 1 Chinese player. All the others, if their style matches up well against one Chinese player, they will win, but then in the next round lose to another Chinese player with a completely different style. Therefore, while my statement that the Chinese team really probably concentrates or should concentrate on who can beat Boll isn't really that far from the mark. I don't see any of the Chinese players being taken out by anyone except fellow Chinese players and Boll.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Chuan Chih Yuan's been playing pretty well recently. I hope he get's his shot at taking down a chinese player too. Ha ha.

Also... I can't help but wonder if Maze will be in shape to pose any sort of threat...

Some good points there,, I think Maze will do well against the rest of Europe and regain his form close to Boll but I dont think hes capable of the CHinese... They have all improved so muchm but we will see :)

Heres the China Trials WTTC 2011 - Li Xiaoxia vs Liu Shiwen (Semi Final)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Yeah, Ma Long has changed his bat from Timo Boll Spirit to Timo Boll ALC, but still uses the same rubbers for his forehand and backhand. I personally think that Ma Lin would die for a world championship tile as that's the only one he has got left in his TT career. However, I hope Ma Long can win because he needs to do that to consolidate his seat within the national team as well as clawing his way back to the top one position in the world ranking.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Yeah, Ma Long has changed his bat from Timo Boll Spirit to Timo Boll ALC, but still uses the same rubbers for his forehand and backhand. I personally think that Ma Lin would die for a world championship tile as that's the only one he has got left in his TT career. However, I hope Ma Long can win because he needs to do that to consolidate his seat within the national team as well as clawing his way back to the top one position in the world ranking.
You've got my sympathie :D The most I grant the title Ma Lin/ Ma Long or Boll.
I hope one of them will win.

7 Days left to WTTC 2010

Ma Long for the win
Ma Lin for the win
Timo Boll for the win

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I want to see Ma Lin's reaction IF he win the title.
He have won lots of medals and titles--> World Cups, Olympics, but not the WTTC gold singles.
He must make it quick since the young players are getting stronger each day.

Come on Ma, get your grand slam :D

Yeah, that would just be awesome if Ma Lin was able to win. He deserves it. His style of play is so taxing on the body, and yet his mastery of the penhold style has been unparalleled. Seeing his reaction after winning the Olympics was great, seeing him in teams walking up to his main coach to give him a hug before anything else, was great to see. He has been runner up so many times at the world championships, it would be great if he actually won to get his grand slam.