Choice between Mantra M, Genesis 1S or Genesis 2S ?

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
- Less bouncy, especially maybe for short push
- Better block and less spin sensitive (as the ball get less into the sponge ?)
- Better spin when in good position
- Less control due to more speed

Yes, in my experience.

- Somewhat more suited for brushing loop ?
- Less control due to harder to engage the sponge

I'd say, no.

Reactions: Wister
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Tip of the day: Mantra is on a never ending discount in Sweden (due to Stiga wanting people to use their rubbers on their home market). You can get it for approx 400SEK which is something like 37€ from ttex.se or sydsport.com. Shipping is probably 10€ or similar.

Reactions: Wister and yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Mantra is completely different than Genesis, choosing between them is not something to do lightly. You need to decide if you want a sticky rubber with more initial bounce but less top speed than Hurricane, or a bouncy and fast nonsticky one. Technique and playstyle will be different.

If you want a fast nonsticky rubber with more control than Mantra I recommend trying Fastarc G1, that’s what I’m using now after trying Mantra, Hurricane and (on clubmate’s racket) Genesis. What I particularly like about the Fastarc is that it’s quite nonbouncy at lower speeds, but you get serious spin and speed when you hit harder.

Fastarc too can be found at discount prices if you look around some.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
I remembered i have a old rakza 7, maybe it can be a good idea instead of Mantra M ? What are the difference ? I heard it is less fast and more spin, sound interesting. What is the difference ?

Also my rubber is 1 year old and i used it 1 or 2 weeks. Will it play pretty much the same or is it not good anymore ?

@frankhond : Yep fastarc looks nice, i had noticed this one too. thanks :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I remembered i have a old rakza 7, maybe it can be a good idea instead of Mantra M ? What are the difference ? I heard it is less fast and more spin, sound interesting. What is the difference ?

Also my rubber is 1 year old and i used it 1 or 2 weeks. Will it play pretty much the same or is it not good anymore ?

@frankhond : Yep fastarc looks nice, i had noticed this one too. thanks :)
it would not play the same, from what I remember less control - but it is the wiser choice since you have nothing to lose except a bit of time

Reactions: Wister