Chuang Chih Yuan Top Form!?

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
Could Chuang Chih Yuan cause an upset at this years world championships? Check him out against Ricardo Walther in last weekend's German League Play Off! Chuang is in incredible form! The first set was 11-0! Every shot he hit was full on power, his concentration levels are unreal!

Unbelievable form!

chuangspanishopen2012.jpg

Photo by: Manfred Schillings

says I want see Tan Riuwu if we're in the same Height. ;)
says I want see Tan Riuwu if we're in the same Height. ;)
May 2012
kinda not polite to give a zero point he must have gave for respect but kinda embarrassing too if he(the opposing player) knows he was given a point. lmao.

Last edited:
says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
That is a thrashing, but I think after losing the first 11-0 its not too suprising he played bad for the rest of the match as well, Ricardo Walther would probably say its his worst match ever haha as he made quite a few mistakes.

Chuang I hope will do well at Worlds as he was in very good form for Olympics so im guessing hes in even better form for Worlds now

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Chuangs problem is he destroys everyone who is not in the Top 15 World ranking. Then it gets difficult for him. He can beat Samsonov, Boll and Mizutani. But against the chinese he looks hopeless like Walther in this game! I think he lacks a little bit of variation. He just knows full power and topspin strokes:D Despite that I hope he can beat at least one Top 8 player ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Chuangs performance against German's Ricardo Walther was somehow incredible. There was a lot of pressure on chuang because he had to win to get Werder Bremen into the final. The result of 33-4 points for Chuang was suprising but actually Walther is young and definitivly no world class player...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Chuangs problem is he destroys everyone who is not in the Top 15 World ranking. Then it gets difficult for him. He can beat Samsonov, Boll and Mizutani. But against the chinese he looks hopeless like Walther in this game! I think he lacks a little bit of variation. He just knows full power and topspin strokes:D Despite that I hope he can beat at least one Top 8 player ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011

he has something that many player does not has, which is the killer instinct. But I think saying that he is in top form might not so accuracy. To me, he is better during years 2000-2003 period

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
To me Yan An has quite a similar style of game to Chuang - blistering fast short-mid table game with excellent first 3 shots and very quick in transitioning to play exchanges on the backhand and forehand side whilst having a powerful forehand as well. I think Chuang is more consistent and stable overall at the moment (prob due to his vast international experience) whilst Yan An being in the Chinese National Team and tender age probably has more potential in the long run. Maybe the two will even meet in Paris, will be very interesting to see the outcome!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
To me Yan An has quite a similar style of game to Chuang - blistering fast short-mid table game with excellent first 3 shots and very quick in transitioning to play exchanges on the backhand and forehand side whilst having a powerful forehand as well. I think Chuang is more consistent and stable overall at the moment (prob due to his vast international experience) whilst Yan An being in the Chinese National Team and tender age probably has more potential in the long run. Maybe the two will even meet in Paris, will be very interesting to see the outcome!

You are right! Very similar style. I think Yan would win but my hopes goes to Chuang

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Chuang forehand is stronger and more confident, Yan An hasn't developed yet that full straight-arm swing Like Chuang have that adds the maximum power to the topspins.