Croatian player loses his sh#t

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
how can an arc be the criteria to judge a loop and a chop when balls with top spin naturally have a pronounced arc and balls with backspin naturally don't?

woah woah woah, because he has a different definition of quality. I saw this too but thought it must have been a language gap because surely he knows chops would arc less if there's more spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I think is human to get upsett . The most dificult think to leatn in a game is be relax and confidente . Maybe this uy is not use to this kind of game !!!

En probably had a bad day

For sur he know how to deal with it but maybe this day was not posible to put it in practis because we dont play every day the sane way !!!
At list for me is like this

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
This sensation when you know how to do it because you practise a lot and put it durimg the training but not in the rel game is very frustating

Sorry for my english

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Ever think maybe he got pissed because he couldn't win?

?op his body language is clear that he strongly believes the shot he missed was easy. Also some of his gestures show that he totally misjudges the spin/situation or probably he thinks that he is better than he really is, no matter what all of these result in his frustration

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
?op his body language is clear that he strongly believes the shot he missed was easy. Also some of his gestures show that he totally misjudges the spin/situation or probably he thinks that he is better than he really is, no matter what all of these result in his frustration

Ahhh I understand now! If a player is frustrated then they think the shot should have been easy for them! gotcha!:cool:

Reactions: TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
This sensation when you know how to do it because you practise a lot and put it durimg the training but not in the rel game is very frustating

Sorry for my english

Enviado desde mi utilizando Tapatalk

thats probably one of the reasons also. maybe the attacker has practiced alot VS choppers/pimple drills and didnt expect his ass to be kicked like that :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
i see... i have to say i find your criteria to compare these two different shots rather peculiar.

Well I cant say for myself If im peculiar or not but, I think his BH chop has definitely more steep arc than his FH chop which is more curvy and high thus making easier to attack, regardless if the attacker missed or not

This user has no status.
see him winning because of it :D , he won via his placement and patience, not superior technique :p

so something like a controlled match where both of them are only allowed to place the ball to the exact same place? but then if the defender won you could say that the attacker had superior technique and that the defender only won because he mixed up the spin deceptively. or maybe a sure thing would be a scenario where the attacker tries to loop the chop and continually fails to get it over the net ultimately falling to his knees and giving up? :D

Reactions: Shuki
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
see him winning because of it :D , he won via his placement and patience, not superior technique :p

Gotcha, so you're just going to argue your point forever no matter what point someone brings up, regardless of how much sense that point makes.

Because the only way you'll change your mind according to what you just wrote, is to see them play a game with no variation and the chopper still winning.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
The only thing this thread has done is after seeing the video a lot of forum members have ultimately gotten angry and lost their s#it . I wish the player in the video would have gotten really beserk and done amusing things . That would have helped prevent the thread hijack :p . And for god's sake TTFrenzy , the chopper definitely has a better technique , anybody who does not understand that popped up balls are not always put away balls is definitely not there in terms technique. Just because someones form looks better does not mean its good technique ... table tennis is about spin and its understanding not ballet or tai-chi :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Kind of makes you glad that in table tennis you only win a point by hitting the ball onto the table one more time than your opponent, instead of having judging for technique like ice skating or diving, doesn't it?

The beauty of the technique is less important than the effectiveness and consistency of the technique.

On a slight tangent, I can't remember how often I've "lost the warm up" to an opponent who looks like a million dollars in those two minutes compared to my own not quite standard technique, and who hits the ball past me in the warm up with terrific pace and spin, only to find that once the match starts he falls apart when I start chopping, twiddling and deceiving.

Strange but true!