Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

This user has no status.
I do wonder if Tareq has ever actually seen footage of himself.

But my question would be, if he is so good, why would he be scared to post footage of himself?

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

I am not scared, but i don't play alone, and all those i played with didn't want to have footage, so i respect them, and i said one day if i find someone who wouldn't mind to be in videos or footage then i will post, did you see any players in Dubai in different avenues or clubs playing footage on the net or youtube?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
From last year to nowadays i am almost 180 degree different, last year i couldn't even return a good service, or even have a short 1-2 second rally, but that was the past, that was last year, now i am in another level, not so high level where it should be but definitely a higher level, and what i was complaining about last year is almost gone, but within 1 year without coaching i raised my level, while i see many here or somewhere else playing since long time and not doing much, and when i talked here about what i saw i wasn't trying to make funny things or so ever, but the truth i show few videos here to the coach or even few of my friends who i play with, they all laugh and say they can play better and can defeat, so if i am stupid then the coach and my friends are.

Thanks again, and i know it was so rude, but i wanted to say the truth and what is in my heart rather than just lie and say you are all wonderful, but i didn't judge all videos because i didn't see them all, but from 4 or 5 members i got that idea, and as nextlevel said, he can come to Dubai or even to my house and we will play games and see, i won't say all these if i am not sure, at least if not me then one of my friends who i think he is good enough to see how your level compared to us, do't show me so many videos of different levels, i didn't judge all, but those ones who are bosses here, hahaha

By the way, we have class A and class B in that club, the lowest level ranking in class B which is for beginner or intermediate is nearly 2000 to your ranking, and class A is for pro and semi pro, so what do you think class A level is? and i am nearly one of those lowest level in the class B.

At the end, can you really tag the videos with ranking so i have an idea what i am watching? because it sounds here that all of you putting yourself in high level or ranking and thinking others even they don't play much aren't in good quality level, i know one person who came to the club for a visit, he stopped playing since 2002, he played only 3 games, 2 against class A players and one against class B, he defeated them all regardless that he didn't play or train since 2002 and those players are nearly everyday in the club, go figure.

As if you could go from zero to hero in a year... I have been playing for two years now and I still suck major balls! So don't come in here talking like you are some hot shit without even backing up any of your words.

And just to give you some comparison. I played NL this summer and had no chance... I am probably rated around 1500.

says what [IMG]
He will learn in due time. I couldn't see any of the stuff that indicate higher level play back when I was talking like him, so it's not hard to imagine that he can't.

Tareq, do this:

Get some video of yourself. Play a match and record it. Don't show it to anyone, just yourself. I understand if your opponents don't want to be in frame: just place the camera to the side and film yourself only.

Take out your video and compare it to the video of Levinski and Croitoroo playing. Compare it to everything from 1600 play to 2000 play to 2600 play.

If you've done that, and you honestly think you're somewhere around mid 2000's and can easily beat some of the better players here, then I don't know what to say.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
A guy who came to Princeton but I usually see at Westchester was really cool. He was like "You know, I see you online and I keep on thinking I can take you. But the more I play, the more I realize that there are some things that just don't show up on video." We did some counterlooping practice and he did pretty well. We actually played in the league on one of the Saturdays that I went there to play lower rated players for fun (usually, the big boys show up on Tuesday and on Saturday, a big boy, almost always me now, shows up if he is bored - big boy definition is over 2000 in the Tuesday league),

He didn't get a game. I think he played hard enough to get to 10 before me in one of them but I played hard enough to win that one just to prove that it can seem like you are in control but you are not.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
As if you could go from zero to hero in a year... I have been playing for two years now and I still suck major balls! So don't come in here talking like you are some hot shit without even backing up any of your words.

And just to give you some comparison. I played NL this summer and had no chance... I am probably rated around 1500.

You played pretty well, Boogar. Don't sell yourself short. Looking at the video, it is not easy to see who the better player is if you are thinking like TareqPhoto. But you are on the other end of those balls and are feeling them on your racket and estimating my effort level and yours. Which is why 2500 players who return my serves well and beat me like a drum can still say that my serves are really spinny.

This user has no status.
A guy who came to Princeton but I usually see at Westchester was really cool. He was like "You know, I see you online and I keep on thinking I can take you. But the more I play, the more I realize that there are some things that just don't show up on video." We did some counterlooping practice and he did pretty well. We actually played in the league on one of the Saturdays that I went there to play lower rated players for fun (usually, the big boys show up on Tuesday and on Saturday, a big boy, almost always me now, shows up if he is bored - big boy definition is over 2000 in the Tuesday league),

He didn't get a game. I think he played hard enough to get to 10 before me in one of them but I played hard enough to win that one just to prove that it can seem like you are in control but you are not.

Very true, most of the time it is mentally more than physically, then how can you explain if you play with someone and you beat him like 8-3 games and in another day you barely can take 1 or 2 games out of 10 with same players?

Also, i noticed that when i play in competitions i can easily lose because i always think about win/lose more than my own style, and even the regular friend i practice with telling me the same, and in another day we can win over those who we lose against in competitions, so i know what is your point, very real.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Very true, most of the time it is mentally more than physically, then how can you explain if you play with someone and you beat him like 8-3 games and in another day you barely can take 1 or 2 games out of 10 with same players?

It means that your level is low - that doesn't happen to me. If I beat someone all the time, unless they improve, I beat them all the time. It's when your level is low that you can't control the ball well enough to produce consistent results or have gaps in your play. The higher your level, the fewer things people can exploit to beat you.

Also, i noticed that when i play in competitions i can easily lose because i always think about win/lose more than my own style, and even the regular friend i practice with telling me the same, and in another day we can win over those who we lose against in competitions, so i know what is your point, very real.

Again, this does not happen to me either. I do think the USATT rating system helps though. But even then, I don't beat people in practice and lose to them in tournaments. If they beat me in tournaments, they are almost always beating me in practice as well.

This user has no status.
It means that your level is low - that doesn't happen to me. If I beat someone all the time, unless they improve, I beat them all the time. It's when your level is low that you can't control the ball well enough to produce consistent results or have gaps in your play. The higher your level, the fewer things people can exploit to beat you.

Again, this does not happen to me either. I do think the USATT rating system helps though. But even then, I don't beat people in practice and lose to them in tournaments. If they beat me in tournaments, they are almost always beating me in practice as well.

So it is different here, then in this case we shouldn't put comparisons or ratings between countries or continents based on videos or chats.

At the end, some people have very strong mental control, and i am not strong mentally when i am in crowd or in true competition, that may put me in low level, but to us here we don't go by this definition.

For example, in my town club the guys or players whether kids or not they play and train with the coach almost everyday except 3 days which are my country TT league days, and these guys are 90% losing to other clubs players, i played against those my town club players as i know the coach or i go to watch few times and i beat them all, and even my friend beats them all, so how come they are training 4 days per week and not doing good even against us who you said we are low? So what is your measurement here? that those aren't doing well or training pointless?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
You played pretty well, Boogar. Don't sell yourself short. Looking at the video, it is not easy to see who the better player is if you are thinking like TareqPhoto. But you are on the other end of those balls and are feeling them on your racket and estimating my effort level and yours. Which is why 2500 players who return my serves well and beat me like a drum can still say that my serves are really spinny.

Woha its very interesting to watch this now! I was so afraid to step around and use my forehand! Ofc you placed the pushes well but still. If you watch the recent matches of me, all i do is step around :D

would like to have a rematch now :)

This user has no status.
Tareq just needs to play with someone who won't kiss his ass for coaching money or isn't afraid to make him cry. That'd open his eyes.

I think a good 11-0 whooping from DeWitt with a plastic spoon lefthanded would do it. There's nothing you can say at that point.

You are right, so it is an open challenge, let DeWitt come to Dubai and use his plastic spoon and i will use my cheapest racket the cheap chinese one and see if he can put me on 11-0, or even 11-5, and we will footage that and post it here, so DeWitt is welcome to my country with his plastic spoon ;-)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
You are right, so it is an open challenge, let DeWitt come to Dubai and use his plastic spoon and i will use my cheapest racket the cheap chinese one and see if he can put me on 11-0, or even 11-5, and we will footage that and post it here, so DeWitt is welcome to my country with his plastic spoon ;-)

Let's start a crowd funding then ! :)

Reactions: NextLevel
says what [IMG]
I played Ma Long a few days ago. I took him to 2-2 but I was in the beginning of my sickness then, and he got a few lucky nets and edges and managed to win 3-2.

He didn't want me to record it, so I didn't.

Of course you are all free to come here to Finland to play me if you think I'm lying.

Reactions: suds79
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am not scared, but i don't play alone, and all those i played with didn't want to have footage, so i respect them, and i said one day if i find someone who wouldn't mind to be in videos or footage then i will post, did you see any players in Dubai in different avenues or clubs playing footage on the net or youtube?

We all no this is an empty excuse. If you are a photographer you know that you can film from many good angle with tripod and make it so you are in the footage and your training partner or opponent is not.

You could also have someone hold a video camera for 5 min filming you without the other person and get totally acceptable footage. The footage I have put on here of myself, none of it has ever been edited. NL shows whole matches where you see all the bad stuff with the good stuff. Most people are not that brace. If you are going to make these bold statements you should post video.

This user has no status.
I played Ma Long a few days ago. I took him to 2-2 but I was in the beginning of my sickness then, and he got a few lucky nets and edges and managed to win 3-2.

He didn't want me to record it, so I didn't.

Of course you are all free to come here to Finland to play me if you think I'm lying.

No, you aren't, but why don't you participate in big events or even some events in Europe so we want to see you playing against Dima or Feritas or even Apolonia? forget about Ma Long that he didn't want to be in footage, but those Europeans players are willing to be in footage, so do one with them ;-) :D

This user has no status.
We all no this is an empty excuse. If you are a photographer you know that you can film from many good angle with tripod and make it so you are in the footage and your training partner or opponent is not.

You could also have someone hold a video camera for 5 min filming you without the other person and get totally acceptable footage. The footage I have put on here of myself, none of it has ever been edited. NL shows whole matches where you see all the bad stuff with the good stuff. Most people are not that brace. If you are going to make these bold statements you should post video.

Good point, then i will do that as you asked, not a problem then, hope soon when i arrange with my friend and preparing my dust cameras.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Just off topic question, what table do you recommend that is almost best of value/performance? no need to have a new thread for this so simple straight forward question, and it is not related to level playing things, i am sure you have better idea of such a table as i don't have the luck to play with many tables, i only played on 5 tables models so far in my country, but i need to check with the stores if you give me what you suggest/recommend.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Just off topic question, what table do you recommend that is almost best of value/performance? no need to have a new thread for this so simple straight forward question, and it is not related to level playing things, i am sure you have better idea of such a table as i don't have the luck to play with many tables, i only played on 5 tables models so far in my country, but i need to check with the stores if you give me what you suggest/recommend.

Now the real reason for the silly posts is here. This guy is smarter than we think.

This user has no status.
Now the real reason for the silly posts is here. This guy is smarter than we think.

The 5 tables models i played with are of top or high end ones and very expensive, so that i asked about the best of value regarding the performance, let's say i mean an affordable or not so expensive one, but i really don't know what was your point with your post, i am not trying to play with you, i really want to know such a table if you have an idea, again it is not top models i am asking about.