Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
OH MY GUOYUEHUA LOLOLOL !!!!!!!!!

Need I remind you any vid of my matches or just the punch, i include a few misses just to show i'm still inconsistent!!!!!!

Lolz
[Emoji23]
Hahaha, i'm quite sure you're just posting those vids to make all of us feel secure and next you'll strike with full force.
Can't fool me, Sir. I've seen your true skillz show up every now and then. You've been disguising them quite well, but a trained eye won't be fooled so easily.
[Emoji6]
Thank you

ttmonster said:
We worship different Gods OSPH , I tried you to convert but you would not budge :p
Here's something to think about:

Could you guys be basically talking of the same TT god, just called different in different corners of the TT-world?

Ok, that was a bit off i must admit. Hope i didn't offend religious people or anyone else. If so i apologize in advance.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
We worship different Gods OSPH , I tried you to convert but you would not budge :p

Although true, my 'god' was at least a player that started with a 'g' ;-)

If you had posted Oh My Gergely or Oh My GáborGergely you would get no complaints from me ... or any other TT player with a "G"

LOL -- i'm such a geek... sorry all!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Lolz
[Emoji23]
Hahaha, i'm quite sure you're just posting those vids to make all of us feel secure and next you'll strike with full force.
Can't fool me, Sir. I've seen your true skillz show up every now and then. You've been disguising them quite well, but a trained eye won't be fooled so easily.
[Emoji6]
Thank you

LOLOL

and your flimsy excuse of "the League is over, i forgot to film my matches" is almost as flimsy as Boogar's 'i forgot to film my matches'

you only show a brief robot training clip ... but chose not to show your true TT domination in the league with all the winning shots ;-)

LOLOLOL

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
okay I will follow your rules , Oh my Great Zhang Jike !
Although true, my 'god' was at least a player that started with a 'g' ;-)

If you had posted Oh My Gergely or Oh My GáborGergely you would get no complaints from me ... or any other TT player with a "G"

LOL -- i'm such a geek... sorry all!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
The hindu are historically adept at handling , appeasing and worshiping multiple gods , as they say in hindu philosophy , dualism and monism are just 2 sides of the same coin , ultimately its all Bramha and anybody can achieve oneness with the Bramha by sacrificing the "me" ... I was just trying to help OSPH attain the realization that the Penhold God is not that different from the shakehand god , neither is there any difference between Waldner , Wang Liqin or even the latest incarnation the "Great Zhang Jike" :p ...
Here's something to think about:

Could you guys be basically talking of the same TT god, just called different in different corners of the TT-world?

Ok, that was a bit off i must admit. Hope i didn't offend religious people or anyone else. If so i apologize in advance.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
LOLOL

and your flimsy excuse of "the League is over, i forgot to film my matches" is almost as flimsy as Boogar's 'i forgot to film my matches'

you only show a brief robot training clip ... but chose not to show your true TT domination in the league with all the winning shots ;-)

LOLOLOL

Dayum
(© OSPH)
You got me!
[Emoji24]
Tbh i really ask every now and then if someone of my team could film but most of my teammates are always so focussed on the games they simply forget or come up with excuses like little memory space or low battery.
Maybe I should try Carls recommendation by using a shoe instead of depending on others.
I'll definitely have to get some footage when my friend Dave (from the first vid) is around again. Very likely that you might witness a serious beat-up. We know each other for almost fourty years, and after all these years i only managed to beat him once. All i could steal most of the times was a set or two. But only one win for me and in that day he just recovered from a serious illness.

But I really need to see where he scores the most and where i get my few points. Although i know he unleashes those killer spins to my ellbow or plays so crazy angles that I can hardly manage to get my bat behind the ball.

I'm talking too much again. You'll see. He's good and i'm wack. But at least i'm working on it.
Most likely within the next few weeks.
[Emoji6]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
The hindu are historically adept at handling , appeasing and worshiping multiple gods , as they say in hindu philosophy , dualism and monism are just 2 sides of the same coin , ultimately its all Bramha and anybody can achieve oneness with the Bramha by sacrificing the "me" ... I was just trying to help OSPH attain the realization that the Penhold God is not that different from the shakehand god , neither is there any difference between Waldner , Wang Liqin or even the latest incarnation the "Great Zhang Jike" :p ...

Dialogue from my former all-time favorite movie (is now my 2nd all-time fave movie, FTR director Johnnie To's "The Mission" is my all-time fave, although his "Exiled" may be #1 soon):

Ho Tse Sung: Do you believe there's a God?
Mark Gor: Yes. I am God. You're one. A god can be human. A god is someone who controls his destiny.
Ho Tse Sung: Sometimes, there's things you can't control.
Mark Gor: You win some, you lose some.

(Oldschool Shaw Brothers superstar Ti Lung as Ho Tse Sung and Chow Yun-fat as Mark Gor in director John Woo's A Better Tomorrow)

---------------

"The divine is not something high above us. It is in heaven, it is in earth, it is inside us."
~Morihei Ueshiba

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
[h=1]“Heaven and hell are within us, and all the gods are within us. This is the great realization of the Upanishads of India in the ninth Century B.C. All the gods, all the heavens, all the world, are within us. They are magnified dreams, and dreams are manifestations in image form of the energies of the body in conflict with each other. That is what myth is. Myth is a manifestation in symbolic images, in metaphorical images, of the energies of the organs of the body in conflict with each other. This organ wants this, that organ wants that. The brain is one of the organs.” ― Joseph Campbell, The Power of Myth[/h]This is basically the concept of "Maya" , he has loosely translated "Maya" into Myth ... the hindu believe everything that we see and experience is Maya , and hence it near impossible to realize the absolute as long as you are attached , once you free yourself of all attachement including your "self" you can get out of the fabric of "maya" and achieve the ultimate consciousness .. the Bramha ...

Dialogue from my former all-time favorite movie (is now my 2nd all-time fave movie, FTR director Johnnie To's "The Mission" is my all-time fave, although his "Exiled" may be #1 soon):

Ho Tse Sung: Do you believe there's a God?
Mark Gor: Yes. I am God. You're one. A god can be human. A god is someone who controls his destiny.
Ho Tse Sung: Sometimes, there's things you can't control.
Mark Gor: You win some, you lose some.

(Oldschool Shaw Brothers superstar Ti Lung as Ho Tse Sung and Chow Yun-fat as Mark Gor in director John Woo's A Better Tomorrow)

---------------

"The divine is not something high above us. It is in heaven, it is in earth, it is inside us."
~Morihei Ueshiba

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Maybe I should try Carls recommendation by using a shoe instead of depending on others.

I've propped my phone against a water bottle on table, have had it propped against water bottle inside a locker, ... sometimes not a great angle, but it shows something.

Seems like your club is like a school gym with bleachers ... not sure if you want to risk putting camera on the bleachers and filming that way.

Regardless, you know we all joke with each other on this thread, so i am looking forward to your videos if you can get them.

[being NextLevel voice]

If you didn't film it, it didn't happen.

[/voice]

LOL

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
“Heaven and hell are within us, and all the gods are within us. This is the great realization of the Upanishads of India in the ninth Century B.C. All the gods, all the heavens, all the world, are within us. They are magnified dreams, and dreams are manifestations in image form of the energies of the body in conflict with each other. That is what myth is. Myth is a manifestation in symbolic images, in metaphorical images, of the energies of the organs of the body in conflict with each other. This organ wants this, that organ wants that. The brain is one of the organs.” ― Joseph Campbell, The Power of Myth

This is basically the concept of "Maya" , he has loosely translated "Maya" into Myth ... the hindu believe everything that we see and experience is Maya , and hence it near impossible to realize the absolute as long as you are attached , once you free yourself of all attachement including your "self" you can get out of the fabric of "maya" and achieve the ultimate consciousness .. the Bramha ...

*copies ttmonster's post to my EverNote*

Thank you ttmonster! I have his Hero with a Thousand Faces on my long 'to read' list.

I know of his Hero's Journey and been meaning to read Campbell. Thank you for reminder!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Just to ensure that OSPH does not renounce his family with all this talk of salvation and his family realizes they would have rather had him play table tennis , I will refer you to the counter argument of the modern humanist who travelled the entire arc of bondage to freedom to bondage in his works ... which lasted for a 70 years , in the words of the "Great" Rabindranath Tagore ...

Deliverance is not for me in renunciation

by Rabindranath Tagore

Deliverance is not for me in renunciation. I feel the embrace

of freedom in a thousand bonds of delight.

Thou ever pourest for me the fresh draught of

thy wine of various colors and fragrance,

filling this earthen vessel to the brim.

My world will light its hundred different lamps with thy

flame and place them before the altar of thy temple.

No, I will never shut the doors of my senses.

The delights of sight and hearing and touch

will bear thy delight.

Yes, all my illusions will burn into illumination of joy,

and all my desires ripen into fruits of love.

*copies ttmonster's post to my EverNote*

Thank you ttmonster! I have his Hero with a Thousand Faces on my long 'to read' list.

I know of his Hero's Journey and been meaning to read Campbell. Thank you for reminder!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Does it mean you are around 2100 left-handed?

Not sure, that player has some trouble with long pips which I have on my BH. Person did finish above other junk rubber peers in a club tourney which I won. I haven't played in a sanctioned tournament yet, hope to within next six months.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Not sure, that player has some trouble with long pips which I have on my BH. Person did finish above other junk rubber peers in a club tourney which I won. I haven't played in a sanctioned tournament yet, hope to within next six months.

I guess my point was that if you are beating 1600 player while playing left-handed AND spotting them 8 points (which is a lot), implies that your level is quite high (how well do you do when you are playing right-handed, presumably your normal style?). Pretty remarkable for someone who have not played sanctioned tournament yet.

Unless of course 1600 was just a guess... True story from another forum: "I think I am 1600-1700. *goes to first tournament*. My best loss was 1:3 to a 1100 player... :(".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I guess my point was that if you are beating 1600 player while playing left-handed AND spotting them 8 points (which is a lot), implies that your level is quite high (how well do you do when you are playing right-handed, presumably your normal style?). Pretty remarkable for someone who have not played sanctioned tournament yet.

Unless of course 1600 was just a guess... True story from another forum: "I think I am 1600-1700. *goes to first tournament*. My best loss was 1:3 to a 1100 player... :(".

Trust TT's version of the human wet blanket to rescue us from tales of high ratings...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
“Heaven and hell are within us, and all the gods are within us. This is the great realization of the Upanishads of India in the ninth Century B.C. All the gods, all the heavens, all the world, are within us. They are magnified dreams, and dreams are manifestations in image form of the energies of the body in conflict with each other. That is what myth is. Myth is a manifestation in symbolic images, in metaphorical images, of the energies of the organs of the body in conflict with each other. This organ wants this, that organ wants that. The brain is one of the organs.” ― Joseph Campbell, The Power of Myth

This is basically the concept of "Maya" , he has loosely translated "Maya" into Myth ... the hindu believe everything that we see and experience is Maya , and hence it near impossible to realize the absolute as long as you are attached , once you free yourself of all attachement including your "self" you can get out of the fabric of "maya" and achieve the ultimate consciousness .. the Bramha ...
I need to give you and OSP a forum!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews

Well, there is nothing wrong with that if the "1100 player" was a kid who played the last tournament three years ago and then had been coached by a former pro all that time :D

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder