Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Had one of my best footwork and forehand days in a long time. Went 3-2 in the league, beat Big M 3-1, and pulled out 2 tight matches, one against a guy with the most powerful forehand in the club deuce in the 5th and one against the pips out penholder from 0-2 down (in both matches, I do my own version of NextLevel Tomokazu, which is not the same as listening to a 13 year old but has a more visible fist pump). Lost 0-3 to a guy with nasty serves, and 1-3 to a college student who has had my number for like 3 years now.

Point of the day, including my tcho:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NtlH3wv4ytg&t=836

In any case, lots of good points, lots of acrobatic shots, my backhand paid the bills to help me win a match I probably should have lost, and I have to credit my tactical cap for my win over Big M.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
And according to me , the guy had the perfect response to the Harimoto cho , stone face even Waldner would be jealous of
Had one of my best footwork and forehand days in a long time. Went 3-2 in the league, beat Big M 3-1, and pulled out 2 tight matches, one against a guy with the most powerful forehand in the club deuce in the 5th and one against the pips out penholder from 0-2 down (in both matches, I do my own version of NextLevel Tomokazu, which is not the same as listening to a 13 year old but has a more visible fist pump). Lost 0-3 to a guy with nasty serves, and 1-3 to a college student who has had my number for like 3 years now.

Point of the day, including my tcho:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NtlH3wv4ytg&t=836

In any case, lots of good points, lots of acrobatic shots, my backhand paid the bills to help me win a match I probably should have lost, and I have to credit my tactical cap for my win over Big M.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
It is official. I am an EJ. Nexy Karis is leaving my forehand at some point. Might stay on backhand. Rasanter R47 is paying the bills now.

Well, not so fast. Lol. Will need to try a new Karis M sheet on a KJH to really compare...

You haven't tried the Karis H... new to market, I had my first hit last night, I think you will really like its feel and pace on your FH, a revolution for how you impact the ball. You are like me and can just about anything on BH, but FH is MUCH pickier, yet I perceive your impact on FH to be stronger, which will suit you well with Karis H.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Tried Karis H on DreiZ's Tibhar Samsonov CB...

To briefly summarize...

All the players who craved MOAR SPEED outta Karis and play a fast/stiffish blade are gunna have wet dreams playing this rubber on FH. Karis H on the Samsonov CB is FAST with capital F. I think I was ripping shots as fast or faster than when I had MX-P on the OFF+ Qabod. That is 4 levels faster than M+ on a KJH, which is still fast.

I do not think Next Level has read the totality o Karis H... Carl could also luv it, even if the M+ would suit him better. Now if Carl would only cough up hiz secret address where hiz daughter won't resell it on ebay in a NYC second...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
On Sunday I went to play at the usual sessions I go to but was conscious of the time as I wanted to be back for 7PM when the Harimoto vs XX game started. Of course I forgot the time and played one match too many, looked at the time and it was 7.30 or something. I decided to sprint back home up to catch what little of the game might be left. I sprinted up stairs, down hills, up hills.. got back, of course the match was over.

Next day I wake up and my knee clicks when I extend it and I could hardly extend it.. can hardly walk down or up the stairs now. No table tennis for a while then, brilliant. Lesson learned, I'm never running like that again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Hahaaa, guys this is good..
I just had another training yesterday, another 5 euro match against the blocker..
In the first game he had luck, having like 4-5 net quotes and one edge, I won 11:7, then second game 11:3 and third 11:4, easy win 3:0 ..
After that he said - he cannot play for money with me, because he is not playing any good, it gives him litterally nothing..
He didnt realise, that this is the tactic change I made after you guys gave me some advices..
So I guess I am not going to make any more money out from him, lol :)

NextLevel, I saw some your matches, you really need to get more into your knees, so you put more of the hips motion into your shots and your game will step up to the NextLevel ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
And according to me , the guy had the perfect response to the Harimoto cho , stone face even Waldner would be jealous of

And according to me, unless you are Koki Niwa, that response will get you in trouble. You have to pump yourself up to play. That said, this is a league match, but this is my first league match against him in a while. I just could not believe that I lost the first two games 11-9 despite looping the ball well so I didn't want to lose in a way that would have him in my head for the next matches we play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
NextLevel, I saw some your matches, you really need to get more into your knees, so you put more of the hips motion into your shots and your game will step up to the NextLevel ;)
My arthritis is usually so bad that every time I try to get into my knees, I get injured and have to stop playing. I was watching Fan and I was like, this guy is so low, this is why I will never be a great looper. I had this conversation with Azeez and his simple summary was that if I could get more knees into it, I would be a very good player.

But you know what? I beat some good players yesterday and I am happy. My strokes of both sides are powerful, I just need better movement and touch to contain certain players. And I still need to fix my serve toss...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
You haven't tried the Karis H... new to market, I had my first hit last night, I think you will really like its feel and pace on your FH, a revolution for how you impact the ball. You are like me and can just about anything on BH, but FH is MUCH pickier, yet I perceive your impact on FH to be stronger, which will suit you well with Karis H.

The thing about me is that my forehand really needs revolutions. Hard rubber requires too much work to get revolutions and Karis M does not produce enough. I probably should be using M+ on forehand. The R47 makes me remember when I looped to people and would get a long high block. Those were the days. H will likely be too hard for my forehand but I will give it and M+ one last go before deciding. But I played really well with the R47.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The thing about me is that my forehand really needs revolutions. Hard rubber requires too much work to get revolutions and Karis M does not produce enough. I probably should be using M+ on forehand. The R47 makes me remember when I looped to people and would get a long high block. Those were the days. H will likely be too hard for my forehand but I will give it and M+ one last go before deciding. But I played really well with the R47.
Yeah. I know what you mean. I wanted a lot more spin out of Karis at first. I soon realized that I could still make boatload of spin. It was enough. I quickly learned that handling incoming topspin and staying in rallies and having touch on non attacking shots won me moar points.

At heart I want to play macho man attacking style of table tennis... But that style wasn't earning me all my points.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Ah and I almost forgot about this badboy here:
View attachment 13405

It says: Best Player of the Team, meaning overall and relatively I have the best record winning against higher rated player and not losing against player rated the same or lower than me.

CONGRATULATIONS BOOGAR!!!

*ahem* 9 points please! :)

Reactions: Suga D and Boogar
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
As I'm trying to get back in the game while recovering from my herniated cervical discs, today was a milestone for me. I revisited my coach of the days of yore, that trained me as a youth. Since I'm and old geezer now, he's well in his seventies.

But as Harimoto famously stated, age has nothing to do with table tennis. He was a great player, became a truly great coach - hanging out and exchanging notes with Stellan Bengtsson, then training at Falkenberg with Appelgren, Carlsson, Lindh, Waldner, Persson. And then, well, me, among others. In that time he dived deeply into materials, explored all kinds of pimples and antispin in depth. So now he gives quirky material clinics as well.

My BH remained intact, but I had gotten out of touch with my FH. Within seconds, my old coach (sharp as a blade) noted the minutest things in my timing, my wrist action, stance. I felt like walking on clouds for an hour and a half of training; dreamy, and very, very intense.

All that left me with a conviction that I'll be getting that FH feeling good, relaxed and automatic again; very, very much homework to do, but I know what to do and how to do it. Buzzing with excitement, even with the prospect of spending hard hours of service training. Rrrrrrrr!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Sir,

Have fun and good luck in your 'comeback'! Looking forward to your updates.

As I'm trying to get back in the game while recovering from my herniated cervical discs, today was a milestone for me. I revisited my coach of the days of yore, that trained me as a youth. Since I'm and old geezer now, he's well in his seventies.

But as Harimoto famously stated, age has nothing to do with table tennis. He was a great player, became a truly great coach - hanging out and exchanging notes with Stellan Bengtsson, then training at Falkenberg with Appelgren, Carlsson, Lindh, Waldner, Persson. And then, well, me, among others. In that time he dived deeply into materials, explored all kinds of pimples and antispin in depth. So now he gives quirky material clinics as well.

My BH remained intact, but I had gotten out of touch with my FH. Within seconds, my old coach (sharp as a blade) noted the minutes things in my timing, my wrist action, stance. I felt like walking on clouds for an hour and a half of training; dreamy, and very, very intense.

All that left me with a conviction that I'll be getting that FH feeling good, relaxed and automatic again; very, very much homework to do, but I know what to do and how to do it. Buzzing with excitement, even with the prospect of spending hard hours of service training. Rrrrrrrr!

Reactions: Suga D
says what [IMG]
My arthritis is usually so bad that every time I try to get into my knees, I get injured and have to stop playing. I was watching Fan and I was like, this guy is so low, this is why I will never be a great looper. I had this conversation with Azeez and his simple summary was that if I could get more knees into it, I would be a very good player.

But you know what? I beat some good players yesterday and I am happy. My strokes of both sides are powerful, I just need better movement and touch to contain certain players. And I still need to fix my serve toss...
NL, I suggest you place your body before your game. If you can't go more on your knees, then you can't. You've made it work without.

I can still imagine myself, what a full body loop would look like.