Damage on my FZD ALC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
The goal for fixing something like that is just to prevent further delamination. To that end, just keep it simple. Fill it with some wood filler, sand it flat, then seal it with polyurethane and you're done.

Reactions: riemsesy
This user has no status.
The goal for fixing something like that is just to prevent further delamination. To that end, just keep it simple. Fill it with some wood filler, sand it flat, then seal it with polyurethane and you're done.
which wood filler would work? Like any wood filler i can find is good?

This user has no status.
Using a bit of Titebond II, stick a bit of wood shavings on it and sand it flat to avoid the whole surface being ripped off in subsequent uses.
View attachment 27900

This is the way. My senior mate at the club can repair a lot of types of damages. I've seen 2 blades from a top Italian player repaired by my mate exactly this way. These blades were badly damaged on one side, same depth as your damage but much more extended. After you apply the mixture of glue and wood shavings, let it dry then you may need to slightly sand the repaired spot to make it flat. I suggest to always sealing the blade, it's inexpensive and actually saves money.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I just peeled my old rubbers off my FZD ALC and noticed this on my backhand side. Is there gonna be any regluing or performance issues when I paste new rubbers onto it?
a common occurence. get rid of wood splinters that might be hanging off the edge. dont't let wood spinters protrude through your new rubber. All old blades or used blades will have this feature.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
UPDATE: When I look at the blade again i noticed this that some wood has completely peeled off and now i can see the ALC layer. will it be okay to paste rubbers on this? Or should i just buy a new blade or try to find someone to repair
You can fix that like people have suggested, but unless top ply is very hard/smooth, you will need to learn to seal the blade or this keep happening.

Reactions: riemsesy