Dead dignics 09c ??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I find dignics to be very blade-dependent. Like the same pair of d09c and d05 is juciest on xiom zx1 (burnt limba), good on LGY, ok-ish on apolonia and acoustic, and insufferable on mizutani and xiom vega pro. It's all to my taste of course.
I second that. That is why when people say, they like this so and so rubber, that does not mean anything. What is the blade?

Hi everyone,

I recently changed to dignics 09c on my forehand.
In my gluing, I used butterfly free chack II, 2 layers on the rubber, 1 layer on the blade (Harimoto innerforce ZLC)

Today I played it the first time. It felt like it is 'dead', not bouncy at all. I let my friend tried it and he felt the same.

He is using dignics 09c too, on his nittaku acoustic carbon inner, and then I tried his blade, and it is so different, much more livelier.

So he said, maybe the rubber needs some 'breaking' in? So I smashed some balls hard into the barrier.
It got better, but still not like his. We continued our training session.

By the end, I let him try my blade again, and it still isn't as lively as his.

Is this a normal thing for dignics 09c?? Have I done something wrong?

To show what I mean, I took 2 videos of what the bounce of balls is like. The first video is first thing in our session. The second video is at the end of our session.

View attachment 26479

View attachment 26480
Dead-nics ?

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hi everyone,

I recently changed to dignics 09c on my forehand.
In my gluing, I used butterfly free chack II, 2 layers on the rubber, 1 layer on the blade (Harimoto innerforce ZLC)

Today I played it the first time. It felt like it is 'dead', not bouncy at all. I let my friend tried it and he felt the same.

He is using dignics 09c too, on his nittaku acoustic carbon inner, and then I tried his blade, and it is so different, much more livelier.

So he said, maybe the rubber needs some 'breaking' in? So I smashed some balls hard into the barrier.
It got better, but still not like his. We continued our training session.

By the end, I let him try my blade again, and it still isn't as lively as his.

Is this a normal thing for dignics 09c?? Have I done something wrong?

To show what I mean, I took 2 videos of what the bounce of balls is like. The first video is first thing in our session. The second video is at the end of our session.

View attachment 26479

View attachment 26480
I have had this before. You know when his d09c is old, worn out, and lost it's tackiness, but still has the spring sponge? Thats why his is bouncy without the tackiness like ur new one. hope my explanation is logical and helpful, this is just from my experience.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
D09c is not the bounciest rubber out there, but for me this is an advantage not a minus, definitely. You will gain more control and spin, and you will hit the table with it more often - on an amateur level - this is the “can’t go wrong” combination. Give it a little bit more time, and you will not be disappointed. If you picking it, I guess, you should know it. For the speed, there are different options.

And the bounce on the video is looking particularly the same. You just need to use little bit more of you own power when playing with it, and it’s more physically demanding than classic tensors. But not as much, as hurricane for example 🙂 - D09c is perfect hybrid rubber, with descent catapult when needed, imho.
Yeah I know D09c isn't the bounciest, as my dignics 05 is much bouncier :)

The point of the thread is more about comparing my dignics 09c vs my friend's version.
I have tried it on his blade, and I know what it is capable of, and my understanding of the nittaku acoustic carbon inner is that it isn't too far different than my Harimoto innerforce ZLC, that was why I made the thread.
I play with hurricane 3 neo for 9 years, so to me, Dignics 09c is definitely easier in terms of energy usage.
I just want to know why my copy is so different than my friend's, and when he was on the receiving end of the rally, he could tell something wasn't right with it. Then he tried it and he was like it is dead.
But now I know it is likely due to the tackiness.

I have put a plastic cover on top of my blade, and the ball definitely bounce much better, but I have not been able to replicate the test with a plastic cover on his blade as we live pretty far away and we don't get to play often at all.

Sorry I am replying alot in this reply but I am trying to reply to all the comments in 1 go.

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
Yeah I know D09c isn't the bounciest, as my dignics 05 is much bouncier :)

The point of the thread is more about comparing my dignics 09c vs my friend's version.
I have tried it on his blade, and I know what it is capable of, and my understanding of the nittaku acoustic carbon inner is that it isn't too far different than my Harimoto innerforce ZLC, that was why I made the thread.
I play with hurricane 3 neo for 9 years, so to me, Dignics 09c is definitely easier in terms of energy usage.
I just want to know why my copy is so different than my friend's, and when he was on the receiving end of the rally, he could tell something wasn't right with it. Then he tried it and he was like it is dead.
But now I know it is likely due to the tackiness.

I have put a plastic cover on top of my blade, and the ball definitely bounce much better, but I have not been able to replicate the test with a plastic cover on his blade as we live pretty far away and we don't get to play often at all.

Sorry I am replying alot in this reply but I am trying to reply to all the comments in 1 go.
I think, there is a two reasons why such can happen: either it’s a bad batch, or the rubber of your friend is lose its tack already ( D09c didn’t have a lot of tackiness even when it’s new, but when those tack almost gone - it plays more like a medium slow tensor with a very good grip) I have owned about 20+ D09c on a different blades and they are pretty similar to me.

But again, i met people that are talking bout the same problem - that some of D09c are bad batch, not as bouncy etc. But I never had such an experience, so I don’t even know, it’s sounds like conspiracy theory to me, by a little. I think that difference in batches are possible, but only slightly ones, from one to other. Some D09c are little bit more tackier, some are little bit harder/softer by 1/2%-but not drastically, those are tiny differences, but you can notice them🙂

Reactions: ben1229 and JeffM
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I have 2 dignics 09C on both sides (but bought different times). The older one seems more bouncy, the new one had a lot of tackiness so the ball dead faster, so I use the new one to play on my forehand and the older play backhand. I think it's just the natural characteristic of D09C, once it's lose some of the tackiness the ball will interact with the sponge better and hence bouncier. New one is not dead, it's just tackiness hold the ball a little bit back.

says On a never ending EJ journey
Jun 2023
I have had this before. You know when his d09c is old, worn out, and lost it's tackiness, but still has the spring sponge? Thats why his is bouncy without the tackiness like ur new one. hope my explanation is logical and helpful, this is just from my experience.
I just had this same experience! I transferred an old D09C to a spare Viscaria and it felt amazing - super fast and able to generate tons of spin. Never had a better feeling forehand before. Thought I should change the FH to a new D09C since I liked the feeling so much and then the equipment was completely different. My setup felt dead and just didn't feel right -- nothing seemed to go where I wanted it to go. I then reglued that same D09C to my blade again and it felt like it did. I was looking everywhere for an explanation and this finally explained it. Going to take some time and break in new Dignics.

I guess my question is, when do you know to change rubbers for D09C? My old rubber is no longer very tacky and has become more grippy, but it feels super comfortable and the balls go out with a lot of spin and speed. Do you have any pics of when you might change D09C?

Reactions: Fantastic_Muffin_D
says Feeling blue
says Feeling blue
Sep 2023
That's is the best state of D09C and you said it's dead lol. I always use the new one for forehand (since I hit the forehand late quite often and need to carry the ball more) and the older one for BH (since I need it shoot out faster and I take ball on the rise) (yeh 2d09c both sides). I mean I can keep in this state for around a month with proper clean after playing, it would decrease the tackiness after that and then shoot the ball little bit faster.

Last edited:
Jun 2023
That's is the best state of D09C and you said it's dead lol. I always use the new one for forehand and the older one for BH (yeh 2d09c both sides). I mean I can keep in this state for around a month with proper clean after playing, it would decrease the tackiness after that and then shoot the ball little bit faster.
I currently have 4 new D09c pasted. I’m sure one of them will eventually get to a state that I like

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I just had this same experience! I transferred an old D09C to a spare Viscaria and it felt amazing - super fast and able to generate tons of spin. Never had a better feeling forehand before. Thought I should change the FH to a new D09C since I liked the feeling so much and then the equipment was completely different. My setup felt dead and just didn't feel right -- nothing seemed to go where I wanted it to go. I then reglued that same D09C to my blade again and it felt like it did. I was looking everywhere for an explanation and this finally explained it. Going to take some time and break in new Dignics.

I guess my question is, when do you know to change rubbers for D09C? My old rubber is no longer very tacky and has become more grippy, but it feels super comfortable and the balls go out with a lot of spin and speed. Do you have any pics of when you might change D09C?
oh I am a very recent 09c user: meaning I have only quite recently bought 09c to test it out. I only REALLY used 09c for a period of 4-5 months earlier this year on my fh in training and in competitions. So currently I just have that worn out sheet. I am not planning to switch back to 09c on fh.

I have used other hybrids and chinese rubbers and I can tell you when to switch them out. So you know when you just use it regularly then after a few months the pips on the edges of the rubber start to get darker and stick out, and the sides on the rubber get flat and the sponge gets thinner? Thats when you go for a change. because when the sponge shrinks, then the topsheet of 09c is already hard, will make it a harder rubber to handle. And there semm to be some permanent "splash" marks imprinted into the rubber over some time of use lmao...maybe some extreme humidity or smth. This is j my esperience.

Also, would like to ask: would you recommend d09c, d05, or joola tronix acc for my next bh rubber, as OI already started cracking the edges of my t19.

Reactions: iajo
Jun 2023
oh I am a very recent 09c user: meaning I have only quite recently bought 09c to test it out. I only REALLY used 09c for a period of 4-5 months earlier this year on my fh in training and in competitions. So currently I just have that worn out sheet. I am not planning to switch back to 09c on fh.

I have used other hybrids and chinese rubbers and I can tell you when to switch them out. So you know when you just use it regularly then after a few months the pips on the edges of the rubber start to get darker and stick out, and the sides on the rubber get flat and the sponge gets thinner? Thats when you go for a change. because when the sponge shrinks, then the topsheet of 09c is already hard, will make it a harder rubber to handle. And there semm to be some permanent "splash" marks imprinted into the rubber over some time of use lmao...maybe some extreme humidity or smth. This is j my esperience.

Also, would like to ask: would you recommend d09c, d05, or joola tronix acc for my next bh rubber, as OI already started cracking the edges of my t19.
Yeah I see the “splash” marks currently on the top 1/3 of my rubber where I usually hit. That’s why I initially decided to change to a new sheet. Still pretty bouncy for me so I think it still has some life left in it. My edges aren’t really flat or darker like you mentioned but they do have the imprint of the pips underneath now.

I like using d09c on BH, but have recently started using d80. D80 feels like what d05 should have been. Check out Dario Grd’s review on YouTube

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Yeah I see the “splash” marks currently on the top 1/3 of my rubber where I usually hit. That’s why I initially decided to change to a new sheet. Still pretty bouncy for me so I think it still has some life left in it. My edges aren’t really flat or darker like you mentioned but they do have the imprint of the pips underneath now.

I like using d09c on BH, but have recently started using d80. D80 feels like what d05 should have been. Check out Dario Grd’s review on YouTube
Ok thanks. Never really considered the 80 or 64 in both tenergy and dignics series. Never really fancied a combination of speed and spoin as I feared I would be at a major loss for both aspects, kinda like rozena: not enough spin and speed. might try it out?? Will check out the review tho tysm.

Also how would you compare the 09c to d80, please incliude weight specs aswell because that is quite important for my game

Jun 2023
Ok thanks. Never really considered the 80 or 64 in both tenergy and dignics series. Never really fancied a combination of speed and spoin as I feared I would be at a major loss for both aspects, kinda like rozena: not enough spin and speed. might try it out?? Will check out the review tho tysm.

Also how would you compare the 09c to d80, please incliude weight specs aswell because that is quite important for my game
D80 is fast, but controllable if you engage the sponge by hitting hard. It's a weird combination. It's good at low power and high power, but not so much at mid power. It's perhaps why Jun Mizutani used it on his MJ ZLC, which is the exact opposite (good at medium power, but not so great at the extremes).

If you hit with medium power on D80, it flies off. Low power is very controllable for close to table, but the rubber really excels far from the table.

I have both D09C and D80 on BH for different blades and it's just a different manner of playing. When I play with D09C on BH, it feels safe. Like I know where all my shots will land and I win most of my points through placement rather than pure power. D80 is less reliant on placement and more on speed. I can control the general location of my shots, but the difference is that it goes very fast and gives the opponent less time to react accordingly. One benefit of D80 is it's weight. It's cut weight is around 45g while D09C is 50g.

Two D09c can get heavy and my setups with that are always >190g. With D09c FH and D80 BH, the setup weight is usually around 185g, quite a big difference. The reduced weight gives me that extra millisecond when forehand top spinning to better adjust my bat angle and it makes a big difference for me.

Reactions: Choosikick
says Feeling blue
says Feeling blue
Sep 2023
Just get a dignics 05, it's not that much sensitive, pretty controllable if you play quite often and know what're u gonna do. I love how it grips the ball in demi shot, counter and backspin ball. I played with D80 before, the main points I could see was that it has softer topsheet so it's little bit more controllable, a little bit grippier, but I played with K3 and D09C before that so it was not really appealing to me.

Jun 2023
Just get a dignics 05, it's not that much sensitive, pretty controllable if you play quite often and know what're u gonna do. I love how it grips the ball in demi shot, counter and backspin ball. I played with D80 before, the main points I could see was that it has softer topsheet so it's little bit more controllable, a little bit grippier, but I played with K3 and D09C before that so it was not really appealing to me.
I used to play with D05. It's throw angle is too high for me and less controllable than D80

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
D80 is fast, but controllable if you engage the sponge by hitting hard. It's a weird combination. It's good at low power and high power, but not so much at mid power. It's perhaps why Jun Mizutani used it on his MJ ZLC, which is the exact opposite (good at medium power, but not so great at the extremes).

If you hit with medium power on D80, it flies off. Low power is very controllable for close to table, but the rubber really excels far from the table.

I have both D09C and D80 on BH for different blades and it's just a different manner of playing. When I play with D09C on BH, it feels safe. Like I know where all my shots will land and I win most of my points through placement rather than pure power. D80 is less reliant on placement and more on speed. I can control the general location of my shots, but the difference is that it goes very fast and gives the opponent less time to react accordingly. One benefit of D80 is it's weight. It's cut weight is around 45g while D09C is 50g.

Two D09c can get heavy and my setups with that are always >190g. With D09c FH and D80 BH, the setup weight is usually around 185g, quite a big difference. The reduced weight gives me that extra millisecond when forehand top spinning to better adjust my bat angle and it makes a big difference for me.
What are the different blades you use with the d80 and 09c? I notice you have 09c on fzd alc( the one I use). What blade is the d80 on?