Dead dignics 09c ??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Hi everyone,

I recently changed to dignics 09c on my forehand.
In my gluing, I used butterfly free chack II, 2 layers on the rubber, 1 layer on the blade (Harimoto innerforce ZLC)

Today I played it the first time. It felt like it is 'dead', not bouncy at all. I let my friend tried it and he felt the same.

He is using dignics 09c too, on his nittaku acoustic carbon inner, and then I tried his blade, and it is so different, much more livelier.

So he said, maybe the rubber needs some 'breaking' in? So I smashed some balls hard into the barrier.
It got better, but still not like his. We continued our training session.

By the end, I let him try my blade again, and it still isn't as lively as his.

Is this a normal thing for dignics 09c?? Have I done something wrong?

To show what I mean, I took 2 videos of what the bounce of balls is like. The first video is first thing in our session. The second video is at the end of our session.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Where did you get your Dignics from? Do you know if it is genuine? If it is, you can always try return it to the retailer for replacement if it is legitimate. Maybe even Butterfly ocasionally produces stinkers unlike a certain North Korean dictator.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
assuming it’s a genuine 09C, it sounds like the new one is tackier, hence your feel of “dead”.

If you transition from fast fh rubber such as R53 or D05 to 09C, you will feel it’s “dead” slow.

I transitioned from H3 to 09C I found it too lively and too fast 😂👏

What was your previous fh rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I'd reglue it. See to have 2-3 layers on the sponge and 2 layers on the blade. If it's genuine it's probably a glue problem. It could appear that the rubber sticks good, but you'll notice when you remove it, that it's not that hard stuck to the blade (if it's this problem).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Where did you get your Dignics from? Do you know if it is genuine? If it is, you can always try return it to the retailer for replacement if it is legitimate. Maybe even Butterfly ocasionally produces stinkers unlike a certain North Korean dictator.
I got it from a person that sells rubbers to our local area, I would doubt he sells fake as he is one of the more well known guys around that sells tt equipment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
assuming it’s a genuine 09C, it sounds like the new one is tackier, hence your feel of “dead”.

If you transition from fast fh rubber such as R53 or D05 to 09C, you will feel it’s “dead” slow.

I transitioned from H3 to 09C I found it too lively and too fast 😂👏

What was your previous fh rubber?
I came from H3neo.
It is slightly faster than my H3neo but I was expecting more punch like what I can feel on my friend's blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
I am not really inclined to re-glue it.

I was very particular in my gluing. I made sure the glue is well dried before sticking.
I even used a roller after a few times in all directions firmly to ensure no bubbles etc.
My other friend also mentioned that as I left the transparent film on when gluing, the film is so hard that it is impossible for me to have 'stretched' the rubber while gluing.

So I am pretty confident with my gluing.

I messaged the seller, and he said that he has sold this rubber to many users and none have this issue. He thinks it is due to the tackiness and that it would be faster when it is less tacky.

I don't really want to make too many changes as the comp is in less than 17 days and I still need to get used to the rubber..

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I came from H3neo.
It is slightly faster than my H3neo but I was expecting more punch like what I can feel on my friend's blade.
When you glue,, let the layers on blade and rubber dry before attaching. It might take an hour and you might help the process a bit by fanning the rubber, but the bond you get from letting the glue dry is much stronger, though it means you have to attach more carefully because if you misplace the rubber on the blade, you will get bumps if you reattach and the layers are thick, so you may have to strip off the glue layers and start all over again if you care about such stuff. Personally, I am not a good enough player for mild bumps to affect my play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I transferred from unboosted Sanwei Target National BS - new which was dead to me either to D09C and D09C was much more live and bouncy but in comparison to G-1 was dead. I think that everything is good with your D09C especially if you don't have any doubts to the sellers as it might be the fake. You need to use to it, that's all and a little break it in.

Last edited:
Reactions: JeffM
says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
Hi everyone,

I recently changed to dignics 09c on my forehand.
In my gluing, I used butterfly free chack II, 2 layers on the rubber, 1 layer on the blade (Harimoto innerforce ZLC)

Today I played it the first time. It felt like it is 'dead', not bouncy at all. I let my friend tried it and he felt the same.

He is using dignics 09c too, on his nittaku acoustic carbon inner, and then I tried his blade, and it is so different, much more livelier.

So he said, maybe the rubber needs some 'breaking' in? So I smashed some balls hard into the barrier.
It got better, but still not like his. We continued our training session.

By the end, I let him try my blade again, and it still isn't as lively as his.

Is this a normal thing for dignics 09c?? Have I done something wrong?

To show what I mean, I took 2 videos of what the bounce of balls is like. The first video is first thing in our session. The second video is at the end of our session.

View attachment 26479

View attachment 26480
D09c is not the bounciest rubber out there, but for me this is an advantage not a minus, definitely. You will gain more control and spin, and you will hit the table with it more often - on an amateur level - this is the “can’t go wrong” combination. Give it a little bit more time, and you will not be disappointed. If you picking it, I guess, you should know it. For the speed, there are different options.

And the bounce on the video is looking particularly the same. You just need to use little bit more of you own power when playing with it, and it’s more physically demanding than classic tensors. But not as much, as hurricane for example 🙂 - D09c is perfect hybrid rubber, with descent catapult when needed, imho.

Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I find dignics to be very blade-dependent. Like the same pair of d09c and d05 is juciest on xiom zx1 (burnt limba), good on LGY, ok-ish on apolonia and acoustic, and insufferable on mizutani and xiom vega pro. It's all to my taste of course.

Reactions: JJ Ng and blahness
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I think it's worth looking at Franziska's Dignics:
IMG_20230830_223927_647.jpg

This user has no status.
this is normal D09c feeling and why it is so good in the short game. You can easily drop it real short and remove all the balls momentum. But during loops it feels very alive when you use some real power on it.

Mine dies on the rubber in like 3 bounces when new.

Reactions: JeffM and ben1229
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
I think it's worth looking at Franziska's Dignics:
View attachment 26482
his are pre-boosted. the pros change rubbers after every match.
we cannot buy their rubbers, if you think they're using the same rubbers we can buy then you are wrong. although the dealers want you to think that way.
I have seen rubbers on Cheng I Ching's paddle, Hugo's paddle and Xu Xin's paddle. They are all boosted to the max.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
we cannot buy their rubbers, if you think they're using the same rubbers we can buy then you are wrong. although the dealers want you to think that way.
I have seen rubbers on Cheng I Ching's paddle, Hugo's paddle and Xu Xin's paddle. They are all boosted to the max.
What is it boosted with?

It would be really weird if Butterfly bought Haifu boosters just to pre-boost

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Why is it "pre-boosted"? It's just boosted. To the level that the perimeter of the rubber starts peeling off. I did see that Calderano's rubber is boosted but this is just a whole other level.