Describe your very first feeling after playing with Tenergy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I wasn't in the sport at this time, so I never experienced the supposed revolutionary leap in technology back in 2009 (or whatever it was). So take me back in time, and tell me your first feeling after playing with Tenergy for the first time. What was your previous rubber, and was Tenergy really revolutionary for you?

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
First thought when first started to use Tenergy: Why do I keep losing?

why is my ball flying here and there? The ball is 不听话 ( disobedient )

why does the ball overshoots the table?

why is my arc so funny? It is too parabolic and has high arc making me vulnerable.

Tenergy is a junk rubber, pimples are better

Tenergy is only good for backhand use.

Last edited:
Great feeling, just put it on the right blade....
My previous rubber was Rakza 7 on a faster blade. My offensive game is now way improved...
I wouldn't say revolutionary but definitely a huge step up.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
My previous rubber was Rakza 7 on a faster blade. My offensive game is now way improved...

Cheers
L-zr
Agree with this - right blade and good contact and Tenergy (05) feels sublime.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Tenergy 05 did not feel revolutionary when I first played with it (coming from Rasant Grip, I believe). I liked it, and it felt great - except for the terrible amount of avoidable mistakes it also brought to the table. Not for me. Rozena: fine. T05: a few notches too feisty.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

Cheers
L-zr
I didnt realize R7 was before Tenergy. Not that big of a jump at all

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
05 was too bouncy for me, 05fx is too soft, but backhands far from the table is pretty awesome to do.
Used more to hybrids like 09c for forehand, or more harder version of tenergy05 - dignics80 or dignics05 for backhand
But tenergy19 is better since it has different topsheet

Last edited:
05 was too bouncy for me, 05fx is too soft, but backhands far from the table is pretty awesome to do.
Used more to hybrids like 09c for forehand, or more harder version of tenergy05 - dignics80 or dignics05 for backhand
But tenergy19 is better since it has different topsheet
What is better about it compared to T05?

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hell yea, that was a real big jump.

Cheers
L-zr
Well it's not as big of a jump as I was imagining. But I wasn't in the sport at all, so my expectations are probably out of proportion.

I was thinking that everybody was using Bryce and Sriver and then suddenly Tenergy was invented and it was a huge revolution. Rakza 7 to Tenergy is nowhere near the same jump.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
It probably depends on your level as well. My first time trying a Tenergy was my friend's T64. I compared it to my Sanwei T88 and didn't feel much of a difference. Later on when I switched the T05, the difference felt massive. I could really feel the catapult effect of the T05, the incredible arc, and the extra bounciness with softer shots. I switched from Chinese rubbers to T05 so the difference felt pretty massive. ESN rubbers back then felt way too soft. Changing from T05 to D09C also felt like a big change. Far less bouncy, far better dwell when looping hard. It addressed my biggest complaints re: the T05 which is the bounciness in the short game and the lack of dwell with harder shots against fast and spinny incoming shots. My friend's speed glued H3 BS felt like the D09C except with even less bounciness and even more dwell with harder shots, so I can see why the CNT plays with it.

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
What is better about it compared to T05?

Cheers
L-zr
Yes, it was. But its only my experience of course. Because for most people in my club, who played with regular t05 for their whole lives, t19 is hard and they didn't like it. Some ones even trying to boost it, witch I don't get, but its their decision. The main thing here, i suppose, that i started from hard hybrids like rakza z on wood to develop a feeling. And only after that i went to dignics series 09c, 05, 80. Those all are much harder than t05 and much less bouncy which is perfect for me. But most people who play longer than me, they go other way. Super soft rubbers for beginning and after that t05/t05fx for life, and their so addicted to that feeling and catapult that trying to seek it in every rubber, if its harder or don't have it - they going back to regular tenergy05 or trying to boost everything

Yes, it was. But its only my experience of course. Because for most people in my club, who played with regular t05 for their whole lives, t19 is hard and they didn't like it. Some ones even trying to boost it, witch I don't get, but its their decision. The main thing here, i suppose, that i started from hard hybrids like rakza z on wood to develop a feeling. And only after that i went to dignics series 09c, 05, 80. Those all are much harder than t05 and much less bouncy which is perfect for me. But most people who play longer than me, they go other way. Super soft rubbers for beginning and after that t05/t05fx for life, and their so addicted to that feeling and catapult that trying to seek it in every rubber, if its harder or don't have it - they going back to regular tenergy05 or trying to boost everything
This can not be correct, T19 usages the exact same sponge as T05. As far as I understand it feels actually softer, but if anything it must be marginal. The hardness I think is less important than the bounciness. I love my T05, but I am planning to try T19 at one time. I have some sheets that are waiting to be installed so I will find out.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: yoass and jammmail
says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
This can not be correct, T19 usages the exact same sponge as T05. As far as I understand it feels actually softer, but if anything it must be marginal. The hardness I think is less important than the bounciness. I love my T05, but I am planning to try T19 at one time. I have some sheets that are waiting to be installed so I will find out.

Cheers
L-zr
Topsheet of t19 is different than t05 it’s from dignincs05, and it’s has harder feel. But you are correct, sponge hardness is the same. Also arc is more straight than t05. Still, not my favorite rubber even on backhand. But im not a fan of too bouncy rubbers, that’s for sure

Reactions: lodro
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I wasn't in the sport at this time, so I never experienced the supposed revolutionary leap in technology back in 2009 (or whatever it was). So take me back in time, and tell me your first feeling after playing with Tenergy for the first time. What was your previous rubber, and was Tenergy really revolutionary for you?
I think most people are answering a different question than the one TensorBackhand is asking. I guess TensorBackhand would need people who were playing through the speed glue era into the beginning of the speed glue ban.

My memory, back then, a lot of people were really unhappy about not the ban on speed glue. Tenergy does not really compare to Bryce Speed on speed glue. But at the time, and Rakza 7, and Rasant, and Rasanter, they were not around back then, back then, compared to everything else, Tenergy was soooooooooooooooooo much better than anything else that there was no comparison. But it still did not feel as good as a good speed glue rubber just glued up.

I remember comparing Mambo speed glued to Tenergy a few years later (maybe 2010) and thinking, Tenergy would have to be boosted to be anywhere near as good as how the Mambo felt the way it had been glued that day.

One of the downsides of speed glue was, every time you glued up, you got a little different result. It never was exactly the same. And you glued every time you played.

But back then, people were comparing all the rubbers to a good rubber speed glued.

Nothing came close to that. But of all the rubbers designed to bridge that speed glue gap, nothing was remotely close to Tenergy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 3 reviews
I really liked Bryce + speed glue, but somewhere at the end of 2007/beginning of 2008 (don't remember exactly) I started getting bored with everyday glueing and once or even twice a week glue removal. So I started using glues that stated that effects lasts from 4 to 7 days. I liked it for 2.5 days and that was great improvement, especially for tournaments that lasted 2 days. And I actually liked idea of a ban since I didn't have to glue every time I want to play. But then I was disappointed with T05: it was heavier, short pushes were harder to execute, smashes were harder to hit table, requiring a little bit of spin to be precise. I felt it being unfair that other players continue using speed glue and I switched to ittf approved glues. But after first adjustments I got feeling that I can put more spin on a ball than any of my usual opponents, just because I use T05 and they don't (I remember nice tournament win against slightly better player which happened just because I switched to T05 while he tried Brycespeed instead (he used Bryce before as well)). After some time more and more players switched to T05 and I didn't feel that dominant in spin part of the game, but I still felt confident when playing against people who used some other rubber.