DHS fans unite!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Oh no! So the regular H3 (not neo sponge) is tacky like before? Please let me know. I can use regular H3 and boost the heck out of it.

How about H3 skyline neo? Is that tacky?

Well, it sounds like my next shipment, I will have to mix all the different variation of H3 and see what I like the best. Oh well, they are just wanting us to spend more and more money!

By the way, I found Mercury II to be fairly tacky. I got two sheets, $5 each. I am experimenting it right now to see how is the bounce and the tackiness.

All lines of H3 aren't as tacky as before. I've tried Neo commercial, Neo provincial orange, Neo provincial blue, non-Neo provincial orange. All are slightly tacky.

The formula changed sometime in 2022. The 2021 batch is still very tacky.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I still order Skyline this year. The topsheet is still tacky as hell. DHS has not changed the Skyline series.
Good. I might need to stock up on Skyline then! Black and red. I will see how this batch from Playa Table Tennis goes before I stock up.

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Good. I might need to stock up on Skyline then! Black and red. I will see how this batch from Playa Table Tennis goes before I stock up.

The blue sponge Skyline series are great but expensive. The commercial one is better than H3. At least the topsheet is tacky, my short game is way better with Skyline

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Ma long used TG3 for at least a couple years if my memory is correct, although its mostly just Ma Lin, Xu Xin and Wang Hao using the Skylines
I don't know about Ma Long, it's possible but I only ever seen penholders use it so I assumed it's specifically for penholders.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I always have an urge to trying hurricane on a forehand, but the need of boosting every few weeks is kinda making me think about it twise. Plus I have heard that some booster smells pretty heavily, so my lovely wife will didn’t liked it, I’m sure
The booster does not smell. Hurricane smells right out of the box though. You should at least try it once. Just apply booster 2-3 times (24 hours in between). You will feel that it is slow in the beginning but you may grow to like it more and more over time. It gives you so much feel on your loop, it is mind boggling.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
The booster does not smell. Hurricane smells right out of the box though. You should at least try it once. Just apply booster 2-3 times (24 hours in between). You will feel that it is slow in the beginning but you may grow to like it more and more over time. It gives you so much feel on your loop, it is mind boggling.
hey JJ, doesn't the H3NEO come preboosted? Do you think its best to try it right out the package first, then try and boost in a month or so ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
hey JJ, doesn't the H3NEO come preboosted? Do you think its best to try it right out the package first, then try and boost in a month or so ?
H3 neo comes with a sealed package (like sealed sealed) so it is pre-boosted at the factory. However, I always boost it still. I don't know how it plays without boosting right off the package.

By the way, the stinky smell goes away pretty quickly. It is not really a problem.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
H3 neo comes with a sealed package (like sealed sealed) so it is pre-boosted at the factory. However, I always boost it still. I don't know how it plays without boosting right off the package.

By the way, the stinky smell goes away pretty quickly. It is not really a problem.
I'm not too worried about the smell. My wife knows i can be stinky when i play table tennis.

Funny story, when we first started dating, she got a little jealous that i was going to the "ping pong club" every Tuesday and Sunday. She was all like "who is there? are there any pretty girls?". Then she went want night and saw that it was a gymnasium of 98% stinky, sweaty old dudes and she never questioned me going to table tennis again. lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I'm not too worried about the smell. My wife knows i can be stinky when i play table tennis.

Funny story, when we first started dating, she got a little jealous that i was going to the "ping pong club" every Tuesday and Sunday. She was all like "who is there? are there any pretty girls?". Then she went want night and saw that it was a gymnasium of 98% stinky, sweaty old dudes and she never questioned me going to table tennis again. lol
Lol, that's funny. I had a girlfriend once who was jealous about the ping pong club. But the people going to ping pong club tend to be on the nerdy side too!

• Haha
Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Don't you mean TG3 Skyline Neo?
Yes TG3 Skyline Neo. I order a couple sheets of those before, along with regular H3. I really do not feel there is a lot of difference between TG3 Skyline neo and H3 neo. Both just would not die in terms of tackiness/stickiness.

I played with Sanwai Target National again yesterday. Yeah, it is a good rubber if you are transitioning from say Euro rubber to Chinese rubber. STN is great if you don't want to boost. I still feel that H3 works better for my game.

I think I ordered it from Aliexpress GHsports Store for $42.77 or $21 and change per sheet. Not bad. It will probably take them two weeks to get to my place but I can wait.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Reactions: Zwill
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Then she went want night and saw that it was a gymnasium of 98% stinky, sweaty old dudes and she never questioned me going to table tennis again. lol
Great, now is the time then to try to pick up one of those ""succulent young ladies with the taste for the bizarre "" (F. Zappa) 😂

• Haha
Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I found this thread: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/ma-longs-equipment-pictures-2005-2015.10872/

Outside of ML, Ma Lin, Wang Hao and Xu Xin I can't remember of any other CNT player using Skyline. Everyone is using H3 nowadays tho
Oh wow thanks! That's a nice catalogue of Ma Long's earlier gear. Dang, how much speed glue mattered that he was even using a Violin. That blade is so slow nowdays that I can't imagine anyone using it with Chinese rubbers and have much success.
Also like Narucross... never seen a living person use that rubber lol...

It's weird tho since he seemed to be using H3 then switched to Skyline around the speedglue ban. I wonder if Skyline got the blue sponge earlier than H3.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Oh wow thanks! That's a nice catalogue of Ma Long's earlier gear. Dang, how much speed glue mattered that he was even using a Violin. That blade is so slow nowdays that I can't imagine anyone using it with Chinese rubbers and have much success.
Also like Narucross... never seen a living person use that rubber lol...

It's weird tho since he seemed to be using H3 then switched to Skyline around the speedglue ban. I wonder if Skyline got the blue sponge earlier than H3.
I am surprised that Ma Long switched equipment that much. I am only aware of the time when he was using H3 on both sides of the blade. I am not aware he was using Nittaku and Tenergy at some point in the past. Those play very differently on the backhand side compared to H3. I am impressed that he is able to keep his playing level so high while changing equipment like that.