DHS fans unite!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
If you are a DHS simp or heck if you are a hater or anything in-between (a normal human being??) this thread should unite all of us who have feelings towards them.

Let me give some bullet points:
- You have tried H3 and it is the most spinny and controlled rubber that ever existed!
- You think H3 is a fantastic rubber but it is very slow, but with a bit of extra effort (boosting) it can be turned into the best rubber on the market!
- You bought a sheet of Hurricane 8-80 and for about 25USD you found that it performs similarly to Dignics 09c but for easier to use!
- DHS no15 glue is the best thing since sliced bread, sticks well enough, doesn't damage your blade, easy to remove, thick enough, cheap, doesn't stink!
- DHS limba top ply blades have better quality than BTY while being cheaper!
- DHS balls are the best price/performance balls one can get!
- You don't mind giving some of your hard-earned money to sponsor a few Chinese players so they can provide fans with great entertainment as they challenge the world!

Funnily enough I have at least interacted with 10x more people here who like DHS than in real life who at least tried them!!! So forums seem to have a more concentrated amount of DHS fans.

I am also curios to hear what you have to say about DHS pimples, Tin Arc, Gold Arc etc etc series. Tin Arc is a bit interesting to me since it's a fully DHS product.
I can't comment on the DHS pimples and defensive blades but they seem to have fanbase and pro player base as well.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Havent used these rubbers in years, in fact since before the introduction of the poly ball, so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

C8 is a decent LP but has poor durability, pips broke on me in a month. It's also kinda fast but it plays fairly direct, like CK531A with slightly thicker stiffer pimples. It makes for easy flat hitting, especially with sponge.

C7 is a novel concept but IMO is stuck in the half-long pimple uncanny valley where it doesn't slow the ball down or continue spin like longer thinner pips that bend more, nor does it offer the grip and stability of shorter pips. Like C8 the pips and sponge are a bit hard so it can feel more difficult to get a good grip on the ball

CF3 is an excellent chopping rubber, felt somewhere between Feint 2 and Feint 3. Soft sponge makes it a bit bouncy, but strangely you can get a bit of wobble if you bump/lift or punch backspin, and backspin from chopping is excellent.

651 is actually a great pip IMO but it's a shame it's only offered in 2.2- it would feel much crisper and more direct with a 1.5 or 1.8 sponge. The sponge is soft but dense and offers good power, the cooked topsheet with the smaller pimples offers surprising grip, but it is a bit slow if you don't hit strongly.

• Love
Reactions: Zwill
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Well I do have one complaint about DHS and it's about the availability of the Long 5 blade. You either have to order it from some Chinese website and hope you don't get a counterfeit or pay an exorbitant $250 for one as tabletennis11 is all out and have been for a long time.

• Sad
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Havent used these rubbers in years, in fact since before the introduction of the poly ball, so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

C8 is a decent LP but has poor durability, pips broke on me in a month. It's also kinda fast but it plays fairly direct, like CK531A with slightly thicker stiffer pimples. It makes for easy flat hitting, especially with sponge.

C7 is a novel concept but IMO is stuck in the half-long pimple uncanny valley where it doesn't slow the ball down or continue spin like longer thinner pips that bend more, nor does it offer the grip and stability of shorter pips. Like C8 the pips and sponge are a bit hard so it can feel more difficult to get a good grip on the ball

CF3 is an excellent chopping rubber, felt somewhere between Feint 2 and Feint 3. Soft sponge makes it a bit bouncy, but strangely you can get a bit of wobble if you bump/lift or punch backspin, and backspin from chopping is excellent.

651 is actually a great pip IMO but it's a shame it's only offered in 2.2- it would feel much crisper and more direct with a 1.5 or 1.8 sponge. The sponge is soft but dense and offers good power, the cooked topsheet with the smaller pimples offers surprising grip, but it is a bit slow if you don't hit strongly.

I love this post, while H3 is talked about endlessly there's very little talk about DHS pimples or pips.
So much so that I never seen anyone use one. Around me mostly people use Neubauer long pimples, never seen anyone with DHS or 729 or Dawei or anything Chinese which I find so strange.

Well I do have one complaint about DHS and it's about the availability of the Long 5 blade. You either have to order it from some Chinese website and hope you don't get a counterfeit or pay an exorbitant $250 for one as tabletennis11 is all out and have been for a long time.

You're right, that is crazy. Last time I looked at Long 5 they were selling for around 120-150USD/EUR range. For 250 you can get that Golden edition from prott. He's a legit seller.
I hope DHS gets their act together now that China is relaxing the covid restrictions.

This user has no status.

Yes, DHS has a problem, currently DHS is unable to satisfy orders or very limited. Of course, they will satisfy the big stores first.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
If you are a DHS simp or heck if you are a hater or anything in-between (a normal human being??) this thread should unite all of us who have feelings towards them.

Let me give some bullet points:
- You have tried H3 and it is the most spinny and controlled rubber that ever existed!

- You think H3 is a fantastic rubber but it is very slow, but with a bit of extra effort (boosting) it can be turned into the best rubber on the market!

✓ boosting makes it even better. But I disagree that H3 is slow. For flat hits sure there are faster rubbers but tangential with the right technique?

- You bought a sheet of Hurricane 8-80 and for about 25USD you found that it performs similarly to Dignics 09c but for easier to use!

✓ although I've never tried 09C and probably will never do ;)

- DHS no15 glue is the best thing since sliced bread, sticks well enough, doesn't damage your blade, easy to remove, thick enough, cheap, doesn't stink!

Not tried yet ;)

✓ DHS balls and derivatives (supposedly e.g. Andro 3S) play very well. No need for overprized Nittaku balls but I still want celluloid balls back ;)

- You don't mind giving some of your hard-earned money to sponsor a few Chinese players so they can provide fans with great entertainment as they challenge the world!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 3 reviews
I have tried nearly all Hurricane 3s (37+39+40 sponge) plus H8 and H8-80 . My favorite was the H3 39 provincial OS. With respect to H3 rubbers the OS sponge gives more feedback in my opinion. However, my favourite DHS rubber is Skyline 3 provincial BS. I prefer it to H3 because the top sheet is livelier and softer, so the ball diggs in more, which makes it much much easier to spin continually.

Reactions: bobpuls and Zwill
Yes, it is. Tried Hurricane 3 Commercial/Provincial OS and National BS.

Agree with MK73 on the fact that OS Provincial version gives best feedback, especially on flexy blades like HL2/3.
It's fantastic rubber and not slow by any means :) With this rubber, the more you give the more you receive. As with everything in life.
Yeah tried H8-80, good rubber :) This one is indeed on the slow side though.
100%. Best glue ever, no sarcasm intended.
Probably the same, but 'blade to blade' consistency on the DHS side is a big question!
This ball is (and was) most used for the longest time among all other ball manufacturers at the place where I live. Dunno why, I've played in Slovakia for some time and Xushaofa was their choice for some reason. They're ok though, too.
I always preferred to watch Chinese styles in play. Such beautiful techniques.
I am also curios to hear what you have to say about DHS pimples, Tin Arc, Gold Arc etc etc series. Tin Arc is a bit interesting to me since it's a fully DHS product.
I can't comment on the DHS pimples and defensive blades but they seem to have fanbase and pro player base as well.
I am doing well with DHS Cloud and Fog 3 when coaching my friend. Played with it against some more experienced players and also did well!

The question that bothers me right now is that I've found used HL5 OLD version with printing on the surface of the blade. Ordered it. How will it play?
BTW I've tried:
- DHS bo2 (still have it)
- HL2 (old version, still have it)
- HL3 (new version, still have it and play with it)
- HL5 (new version, sold it half a year ago or so. Shound't have done it!)
- HL5 (old version, on the way)
- PG7
- PG5
- PG9
That's about it. 301 is also a very peculiar one to try.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Good day to all TTD members,

Has anyone tried or ever played with DHS TG506X blade. What is the feeling, speed, and flexible of this blade ?

Thank you for all the kind review.

Best regards,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
✓ boosting makes it even better. But I disagree that H3 is slow. For flat hits sure there are faster rubbers but tangential with the right technique?
Well I was oversimplifying it but if someone does a bounce test it is slow. For tangential hit with the right technique it is quite fast. It has some deception as well, maybe the arc and speed it makes is a bit unnatural or something.

✓ DHS balls and derivatives (supposedly e.g. Andro 3S) play very well. No need for overprized Nittaku balls but I still want celluloid balls back

wink.png

Can't say I played with a lot of Nittaku balls but a few times I did and it's really not that impressive. Not gonna lie it reminded me a bit of the Joola Magic or Flip training ball.

I have tried nearly all Hurricane 3s (37+39+40 sponge) plus H8 and H8-80 . My favorite was the H3 39 provincial OS. With respect to H3 rubbers the OS sponge gives more feedback in my opinion. However, my favourite DHS rubber is Skyline 3 provincial BS. I prefer it to H3 because the top sheet is livelier and softer, so the ball diggs in more, which makes it much much easier to spin continually.

A few years ago I bought a H3N Prov 39 OS and it was very good. I didn't boost it and it was still very good. Then I bought a H3N nat 40deg BS and I like that one even more. I like to fast attack 3rd balls and the BS seems to be better for that. BS seems to have a lighter weight too.
I think I only tried Skyline as a 3-60 and it felt like a very good control rubber without any potential to put away balls with power. I'm sure with the traditional sponges it's more capable. But It says it on the tin too that Skyline is for continuous looping and H3 is for fast attack.

Agree with MK73 on the fact that OS Provincial version gives best feedback, especially on flexy blades like HL2/3.

I played with the H3N prov OS 39deg on a Fang Bo 2x which is I guess stiffer than a HL3. Not sure tho since it's not as tick. I had a Fang Bo 2 too, which is a cheaper HL5 and that blade is just too flexy for my stomach. Now I am a boosted H3N commercial 39 OS boosted with Falco on basically a Super Viscaria type blade and this is much harder and somewhat stiffer than the FB2x but I have no complaints. I wasn't a big fan of the orange sponge, but it is controlled. Still need to figure out the fast attack angles. Tangential angle, open the angle, have a more pull force in the arm, or more of a push force. Need to adjust.
Also I only have about 6 hours in it and I think it's breaking in now, as I start to have the feeling when the sponge hits on the wood finally, it gives a secure feeling which I usually miss on a new sheet.

Probably the same, but 'blade to blade' consistency on the DHS side is a big question!

Maybe but Butterfly might make blades look the same (and very good), I have tried many Viscarias and it's clones from them and most of them feel empty as hell. The good ones are really good but so few of said good ones. Also sometimes BTY blades drop the ball, they make a weird sound and the ball is in the net. This is more obvious with harder rubbers. I blame their gluing technology, but I have no idea what causes this. Older models don't do it, only in the past 5-6 years, and I tried ALC models from recently made ones so maybe allwood or ZLC doesn't do it.

This ball is (and was) most used for the longest time among all other ball manufacturers at the place where I live. Dunno why, I've played in Slovakia for some time and Xushaofa was their choice for some reason. They're ok though, too.

We play with Joola Flash here which is the same as Xushaofa. It's okay, not my favorite but the new label ones are pretty okay. I think in 2014ish time the Xushaofa balls were the best so many stuck with them.
The other day I tried Joola Prime balls and they were excellent. Not sure if those are DHS or Double Fish but they were damn impressive.
The only Chinese balls I hated were the Tibhar Syntt NG and some Donic one I can't remember but I think it was the same. That is a joke of a ball.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Good day to all TTD members,

Has anyone tried or ever played with DHS TG506X blade. What is the feeling, speed, and flexible of this blade ?

Thank you for all the kind review.

Best regards,

That should be the commercial version of the T685 I think. It's a Viscaria with DHS head shape and handle. If you like Viscaria and DHS head and handle shapes, then it should be good. I haven't tried it so can't really comment otherwise.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Goldarc 8 is a really nice rubber for bh. It does not have insane catapult like something like tenergy, however, very controllable. It's a rubber that plays based off how much spin and pace you put behind the ball. I've heard it called to be the h3 of tensors which is a very fitting description.

Did you try the 47 or 50 version? how do those differ?