DHS fans unite!

Welcome to the dark side. Once you use hurricane, you cannot go back. No other rubbers have the gear of Hurricane. You want to play slow and spinny, no problem. You want to do a fast loop drive that kicks, no problem. You can to put side spin on your forehand loop, no problem.

Ok a serious question. I have some TG3 skyline neo that is not-tacky. Is anyone noticing that? I have a couple TG2 skyline noe that is still tacky. Am I correct or not?
My friend is currently in China and says that TG2 is not that easy to find (comparing to BTY rubbers or H3 of all sorts).

I wonder if Skyline 2 is discontinued and no longer produced...then I need to stock up :) I am very content with the tackiness level of two TG2 sheets that I had.

I hope someone has some info about Skyline 2 being the dying breed or not..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Hello DHS fans :) I´m curious, if there is anyone, who in the past used DHS 301, and later change to some other version of 301, like T,X, Z, or any other DHS blades and found it better. And what is his experience with this change. Was it faster, better controlled, maybe spin was better, etc. Thanks

Reactions: TT Lover
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Hello DHS fans :) I´m curious, if there is anyone, who in the past used DHS 301, and later change to some other version of 301, like T,X, Z, or any other DHS blades and found it better. And what is his experience with this change. Was it faster, better controlled, maybe spin was better, etc. Thanks
I tried the old 301 call hurricane King, very Head heavy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
My friend is currently in China and says that TG2 is not that easy to find (comparing to BTY rubbers or H3 of all sorts).

I wonder if Skyline 2 is discontinued and no longer produced...then I need to stock up :) I am very content with the tackiness level of two TG2 sheets that I had.

I hope someone has some info about Skyline 2 being the dying breed or not..

Skyline 2 is sold everywhere on Taobao or Aliexpress. If you are referring to physical shops, Chinese people don't buy from physical shops anymore

Reactions: mihalichtheone
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Do you know if Skyline 2 is still tacky but Skyline 3 is not tacky anymore?
Yup Skyline 2 is still tacky as hell. I just got some new Skyline 2 sheets. Way easier to control than the non tacky H3.

I haven’t played Skyline 3 for a very long time. I would expect Skyline 3 to be the same.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
How about H3/H3Neo OS red 37 on BH. 80% discussion here is based on BS on FH and for those who are hardly see the difference use OS Commercial on FH, too but as it comes to BH the most prefer use something different than H3/H3Neo OS red 37 on BH. Is it really so much hard to handle that more of us/players leaning towards to esn/japan bouncy rubbers? I thought H3/H3Neo OS red 37 + Seamon will not be so hard and might be also more bouncy + tacky.
What is all about that this one is not so popular vs BS Prov or Nat on FH?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
How about H3/H3Neo OS red 37 on BH. 80% discussion here is based on BS on FH and for those who are hardly see the difference use OS Commercial on FH, too but as it comes to BH the most prefer use something different than H3/H3Neo OS red 37 on BH. Is it really so much hard to handle that more of us/players leaning towards to esn/japan bouncy rubbers? I thought H3/H3Neo OS red 37 + Seamon will not be so hard and might be also more bouncy + tacky.
What is all about that this one is not so popular vs BS Prov or Nat on FH?

H3 37 needs a solid blade to handle. It’s a great rubber which I have played on my W968. Soft or flexible blade is not compatible

Reactions: disaster3
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
H3 37 needs a solid blade to handle. It’s a great rubber which I have played on my W968. Soft or flexible blade is not compatible
so as I'm guessing, 5 ply allwood will not work, but W968 or even harder (outer carbon blade) like Viscaria or related is suitable for it?
I'm asking because, I usual buy based on emotion then when it comes and I have no time to handle it lays in the closet and after some time I deepen the knowledge and doubts come, whether it's worth to try or if it is brand new unopened maybe I should pass it to someone else.
I'm playing now FZD ALC so should fit but the next question whether I will like it :) so far I do not wanna change my current setup rather buy 2nd FZD ALC with the same weight to compare whether I like it more than current one. :)
Some time ago I bought H3Neo BS Prov (black) and H3Neo OS Prov 37 (red) and they are in the closet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
so as I'm guessing, 5 ply allwood will not work, but W968 or even harder (outer carbon blade) like Viscaria or related is suitable for it?
I'm asking because, I usual buy based on emotion then when it comes and I have no time to handle it lays in the closet and after some time I deepen the knowledge and doubts come, whether it's worth to try or if it is brand new unopened maybe I should pass it to someone else.
I'm playing now FZD ALC so should fit but the next question whether I will like it :) so far I do not wanna change my current setup rather buy 2nd FZD ALC with the same weight to compare whether I like it more than current one. :)
Some time ago I bought H3Neo BS Prov (black) and H3Neo OS Prov 37 (red) and they are in the closet.

In fact I've tried it on my FZD ALC, a big NO. For some reasons it felt so mushy and lacking feeling.

It goes perfectly well on my newer W968, not my old W968.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
In fact I've tried it on my FZD ALC, a big NO. For some reasons it felt so mushy and lacking feeling.

It goes perfectly well on my newer W968, not my old W968.
Hmm maybe I shouldn’t sell my DHS ml5🤔and finally tries it with above mentioned rubbers
I put it on local board for selling w/o trying it
IMG_4281.jpeg

But this is normal DHS ml5 not w968 so that why I thought maybe it’s worth to sell if it’s still nib.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews

H3 37 (at least when boosted) works well on 5-ply all-wood blades if these are stiff and fast enough e.g. Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive (played this with H3 37 on BH for quite a while) but also other thicker/stiffer 5-ply blades work well. If playing further away from the table these 5-ply blades lack the extra power one gets from carbon blades.
Viscaria style blades + H3 37 is interesting... As SFF_lib said I too feel that (boosted) H3 37 is a bit too soft/mushy on these blades and (boosted) H3 38 is better (I should get a durometer and actually measure how hard these really are before and after boosting ;))
Why H3 37/38 is not so popular on BH? Good question. Once adapted I like the extra control compared to bouncier Euro/Jap rubbers and the stability on high power shots. It's a bit harder to get the same speed on BH i.e. slightly longer stroke required but for me this is offset by the better control. But as a good EJ I'm still looking for an even better fit for my BH ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
There are a few reasons why H3 rubber is not particularly popular on the backhand side:

1. Most players start and learn their technique with Tensor rubbers, which they become accustomed to and build their foundation upon.

2. Generating power on the backhand is generally more challenging since it relies primarily on forearm and wrist action, with less involvement of the body.

3. H3 demands more power and often a different or more demanding technique. This means that for almost every shot, you need to move forward and exert more force to achieve the equivalent of Tensor rubbers.

Making this adjustment for every shot, using the described technique to match the performance of Tensor rubbers, can be too demanding and ineffective for us 'average' players on the backhand side, as it requires a lot of training and adaptation.

However, it is possible to generate power and speed, as seen in players like Wang Chuqin or Liang Jingkun.

There are a few reasons why H3 rubber is not particularly popular on the backhand side:

1. Most players start and learn their technique with Tensor rubbers, which they become accustomed to and build their foundation upon.

2. Generating power on the backhand is generally more challenging since it relies primarily on forearm and wrist action, with less involvement of the body.

3. H3 demands more power and often a different or more demanding technique. This means that for almost every shot, you need to move forward and exert more force to achieve the equivalent of Tensor rubbers.

Making this adjustment for every shot, using the described technique to match the performance of Tensor rubbers, can be too demanding and ineffective for us 'average' players on the backhand side, as it requires a lot of training and adaptation.

However, it is possible to generate power and speed, as seen in players like Wang Chuqin or Liang Jingkun.
For some reason I read this and automatically think: this really sounds like generic answer from ChatGPT...no offense :)
I played with H3 37 boosted on Viscaria and did well in all aspects, but hassle of boosting BH rubber is just too much for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020

I am also curious, but can't find any reviews or comparison of DHS 301, 301X, 301T, 301Z version.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
Reactions: Chang and TT Lover
says Currently in a dilemma between 5+2 or 7 ply allwood blade
says Currently in a dilemma between 5+2 or 7 ply allwood blade
May 2021
I'm a DHS fan with love-hate relationship with it

Hurricane rubbers, the best for FH, if you can afford to buy at least the provincial grade (I don't know why, despite being more demanding, it feels provincial BS suits better with 40+ balls). While not in a condition to be able to buy it, I stick with jupiter 3 asia. Cheaper, yet better overall performance than commercial grade, less hassle to boost it, since its factory booster is stronger than DHS's. And also, its tackiness has slight resemblance to the old h3 topsheet :ROFLMAO:

DHS blades, I only have 2 wishes

1. I wish their handles are bigger (if possible, as big as stiga 'legend' handle :ROFLMAO:). They're comfortable for FH strokes, but for BH it feels unstable, I can't 'squeeze' it tight enough if only making minimal grip adjustments during impacts, and it's pretty disturbing for short pips BH whacking, despite the fact that most DHS blades (especially the X series) miraculously works well for aggresive SP plays, offering great control when doing vast variety of SP shots :cry:

2. I wish there are variants which uses the t685 handle template (viscaria-esque handle, has a 'bulge' at handle top section. But, thicker than viscaria's, makes it feel slightly more rounded). Fun facts, most chinese blades with viscaria-esque handles seems to copy the t685 handle dimensions

Or, I wish I have the guts to detach the handle myself, and build the new handle to suit my taste :ROFLMAO: