DHS H3 vs Yasaka Rakza Z

Some time ago I was only playing fast ESN rubbers. This kind of screwed up my FH. So I decided to go down in speed and started to use chinese rubbers.
Therefore I have been playing DHS H3 (normal) 39 provincial OS now for sometime.

This made wonders for my FH, but... it also made me loose a lot of power from position 2 and 3 (behind the table).
Therefore I decided I needed to go up in speed just a notch. So the quest for a proper rubber started. I landed on Rakza Z.

I got a new blade for it Donic Appelgren World Champ 89 (Donic sponsors my club and I want to be faithful ;) ) I figure it was a bit
slower than my old blade Nittaku basaltec Inner but not by much. So on goes Rakza Z.

First off I must say that I like this blade a lot. Its actually an outer with a spruce top and maybe borderline too vibrating but it has just the right amount of schwung...
More responsinve than the Basaltec I beleive. And what about the Rakza?
It turns out to be a great choice for me. This combo turns out to just the tad faster that I expected.

Serves: H3 has the edge with more (still even after reduction) stickiness.
Close to the table: H3, just by a little.
Away from the table: Rakza Z very clearly.
Anything else: pretty similar.

So the bottom line here is that away from the table I gained more than I lost in serving and close to the table.
Next attempt will be to see if I can boost the H3 to a little higher speed and catapult... I still consider it to be a
contender.

And to everyone who says that You need super human physique to play Chinese rubbers :ROFLMAO:. Not true at all You just need to hit a little harder.
I can easily switch between these two setups any time...

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
I played rakza z for a long time until they raised their prices tremendously, at least for my country (from 30-35€ to around 50).
But i used it on bh and liked it a lot. If you want smth in between you could go for the extra hard version and should have the best of both worlds you seek and still have more than enough of a powerceiling.

I tried rakza z 2-3 times on fh, and it tends to bottom out on me which felt really awkward.

Aside from that, really good rubber with an awesome arc, good grip, really good speed and spin.

I played rakza z for a long time until they raised their prices tremendously, at least for my country (from 30-35€ to around 50).
But i used it on bh and liked it a lot. If you want smth in between you could go for the extra hard version and should have the best of both worlds you seek and still have more than enough of a powerceiling.

I tried rakza z 2-3 times on fh, and it tends to bottom out on me which felt really awkward.

Aside from that, really good rubber with an awesome arc, good grip, really good speed and spin.
I will get it from TT11 when on weekly special or maybe even 4 for the price of 3. Then its ~40 Euros a piece.
I'm a bit ambivalent about the extra hard. I like to play allround and a super hard rubber makes the slow shots a bit uncomfortable, a softer rubber feels better but not too soft. Normal Rakza Z seems to fit this bill...
Thats why I am reluctant to go above 39 for H3 also.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Hows do you compare Rakza Z to G09c - in your profile you use that also?
I keep coming back to D09c - i just like it, yes I prob dont get the maximum out of it but I find it a really great rubber to use. Just wish there was a slightly softer version with a bit of kick for BH

But i didnt like G09c at all.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Just to throw a cat amongst the pigeons !!! Did you try H8-80?? a little faster than H3, no need to boost, unless you really want to!! the 38 degree version may be a little soft for FH, if it is, then try H8 hard, or mid hard - plays very similarly to H3 provincial orange sponge version for less money!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
Regarding the topic of bottoming out the Rakza Z I had a discussion with my coach.
When doing drills with the Rakza Z on the forehand my coach asked me if I even had a proper blade, because relative to what I put into my strokes, there was not as much oomph as he would have expected. The spin is there but the power is lacking he said. He told me not to play like a female with spin only. He took my blade and looped a few balls and said that there was no controll nor power and that he would have much more power with his old 5ply wood with tenergy 05.

Now I am considering using the k3 on the forehand for a while since I got it mounted on the second blade already.

Hows do you compare Rakza Z to G09c - in your profile you use that also?
I keep coming back to D09c - i just like it, yes I prob dont get the maximum out of it but I find it a really great rubber to use. Just wish there was a slightly softer version with a bit of kick for BH

But i didnt like G09c at all.
Agreed, G09C feel a lot more deadish, Nothing like D09C, but it still worked for me since I was looking at fixing my FH. At this point I prefer Rakza Z.

Cheers
L-zr

Just to throw a cat amongst the pigeons !!! Did you try H8-80?? a little faster than H3, no need to boost, unless you really want to!! the 38 degree version may be a little soft for FH, if it is, then try H8 hard, or mid hard - plays very similarly to H3 provincial orange sponge version for less money!!
I actually have both H8 and H8-80 on my list to try.
After Your comment here it becomes more interesting. I just happened to have a Rakza Z sheet in my stock...

Cheers & thanks
L-zr

Reactions: NextLevel
Regarding the topic of bottoming out the Rakza Z I had a discussion with my coach.
When doing drills with the Rakza Z on the forehand my coach asked me if I even had a proper blade, because relative to what I put into my strokes, there was not as much oomph as he would have expected. The spin is there but the power is lacking he said. He told me not to play like a female with spin only. He took my blade and looped a few balls and said that there was no controll nor power and that he would have much more power with his old 5ply wood with tenergy 05.

Now I am considering using the k3 on the forehand for a while since I got it mounted on the second blade already.
You can compete with Gozo who is most Hulk-like... :)
I wouldn't mind playing like one of our best females....

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: NextLevel
The RZ on my friend's blade (Super Vis) feels very similar to my H3 Pro Neo Blue H39. It's a bit easier to hit with the RZ but on full power I'd still choose H3 for its deadlier trajectory :p
I have an H3 pro Orange in stock as well, this sounds intriguing, One problem though its Heeaavyy...

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
I am not intending to become a smasher like Gozo at all. I would like to outspin the opponent much rather, but from my coaches perspective I can understand that outspinning the opponent will introduce a natural plateau/ceiling where opponents won't care about the amount of spin, if the shot is too lacking in terms of power.

If I ever even reach that plateau is very debatable, but my coach does want to teach things that also work on higher levels, because that is the only thing he knows (having competed in the first league of his country by the age of 16 already).

I am not intending to become a smasher like Gozo at all. I would like to outspin the opponent much rather, but from my coaches perspective I can understand that outspinning the opponent will introduce a natural plateau/ceiling where opponents won't care about the amount of spin, if the shot is too lacking in terms of power.

If I ever even reach that plateau is very debatable, but my coach does want to teach things that also work on higher levels, because that is the only thing he knows (having competed in the first league of his country by the age of 16 already).
You should remember one thing, the most important thing is to put the ball back on the table...

Because the one who gives away the least cheap points most often wins the game... Not necessarily the one who has the most kill shots...

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
You should remember one thing, the most important thing is to put the ball back on the table...

Because the one who gives away the least cheap points most often wins the game... Not necessarily the one who has the most kill shots...

Cheers
L-zr
That said, I played with Rakza Z and H3 41 degrees ans I understand what his coach is saying. Rakza Z just doesn't take power well. It has great spin but you can't eliminate some balls.

This user has no status.

Please share the name of the blade of yours with no power nor control 😀

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
If slight tack isn‘t a necessary requirement, you could consider mx-s as an alternative for a boosted h3

its a bit faster than boosted h3 but has very high top end spin, and reacts well to brush looping and high power inputs

its also good from position 2 / 3 and easy to counter loop with, though you still need to generate a good amount of power yourself to see the advantages

That said, I played with Rakza Z and H3 41 degrees ans I understand what his coach is saying. Rakza Z just doesn't take power well. It has great spin but you can't eliminate some balls.
Well, I certainly have more power with Rakza Z than with boosted (1 layer)H3 prov 39 OS...

Cheers
L-zr

If slight tack isn‘t a necessary requirement, you could consider mx-s as an alternative for a boosted h3

its a bit faster than boosted h3 but has very high top end spin, and reacts well to brush looping and high power inputs

its also good from position 2 / 3 and easy to counter loop with, though you still need to generate a good amount of power yourself to see the advantages
I already have plenty of alternatives and evolution is NOT one of them...
That's a series of rubbers' I don't care for.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Well, I certainly have more power with Rakza Z than with boosted (1 layer)H3 prov 39 OS...

Cheers
L-zr
Would be interesting to see that. That said, I don't play with 39 degrees so that might be the difference. But Rakza Z has a safety limit for me that is easy to exceed, H3 not as much.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

Cheers
L-zr
Are you comparing power or speed? I can understand if you swing softly that H3 is not very fast. But to say that H3 lacks power kinda not true. It is designed to be played aggressively by top players, which sadly do not translate to most of us.
I already have plenty of alternatives and evolution is NOT one of them...
That's a series of rubbers' I don't care for.

Cheers
L-zr
Actually, I had similar thought. But time and time again people say that mx-s is very good rubber. Not factory boosted, enough speed and very good spin. Wanna try it myself to clear doubts.