DHS Hurricane Long 5 vs Butterfly Harimoto Innerforce ALC

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
Yeah, all the blades are the same, if they are “attacking blades” - this kind of quotes are “absolute rubbish” in my opinion too.

Because in reality they don’t, but everyone can have their own opinions here.
That’s the reason for such forum to exists😁
I think there are two ways of looking at it.
1) They would feel different; even blades of the same model could do that due to variation in thickness, weight, stiffness of wood etc. Different models with different handle and head shapes would also affect that; in particular I think the Harimoto Innerforce ALC has slightly bigger head size than normal.
2) Performance wise, I'd wager it's <10% if you give it a month or two to get used to the bat. Some minor adjustment of strokes and shot selection may be needed. But once you get used to it, the blade is unlikely to be the bottleneck of your match performance. Of course, if we are talking about a DEF chopping blade v.s. a Primorac Carbon, then it is a different story.

Reactions: NextLevel and NDH

NDH

says Spin to win!
Yeah, all the blades are the same, if they are “attacking blades” - this kind of quotes are “absolute rubbish” in my opinion too.

Because in reality they don’t, but everyone can have their own opinions here.
That’s the reason for such forum to exists😁
Of course everyone can have their own opinions.

I'm not highlighting you specifically, but people love to comment on the pro's and con's of equipment, when in reality they don't come close to having the ability to be able to utilize them close to their potential.

It then becomes irresponsible, and not helpful to the community when you pass off your own opinions (almost as fact) without really giving people the context to your level.

I think a lot of what you personally have said across the various threads sound very good, and people would assume they are coming from an experienced player.

But you said you've only been playing for a year?

Your comments are too thorough to be coming from someone who has been playing for a year! 😃

If the OP showed their level and it was actually very low..... Would you really dive into the tiny percentage differences of the HL5 vs the Harimoto?

It's just massively overkill in those situations.

Jan 2023

I'm not highlighting you specifically, but people love to comment on the pro's and con's of equipment, when in reality they don't come close to having the ability to be able to utilize them close to their potential.

It then becomes irresponsible, and not helpful to the community when you pass off your own opinions (almost as fact) without really giving people the context to your level.

I think a lot of what you personally have said across the various threads sound very good, and people would assume they are coming from an experienced player.

Your comments are too thorough to be coming from someone who has been playing for a year! 😃

If the OP showed their level and it was actually very low..... Would you really dive into the tiny percentage differences of the HL5 vs the Harimoto?

One thing you overlooked is the psychological effect. If I use my Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive, my FH becomes much more aggressive :D

(and miss the table)

• Haha
Reactions: NextLevel and NDH

NDH

says Spin to win!
One thing you overlooked is the psychological effect. If I use my Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive, my FH becomes much more aggressive :D

(and miss the table)
That falls into my point previously about using the equipment because you like the Pro associated with it!

I like to throw in really high tomahawk serves and grunt really loud when I use my Ovtcharov! 😂

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
I think there are two ways of looking at it.
1) They would feel different; even blades of the same model could do that due to variation in thickness, weight, stiffness of wood etc. Different models with different handle and head shapes would also affect that; in particular I think the Harimoto Innerforce ALC has slightly bigger head size than normal.
2) Performance wise, I'd wager it's <10% if you give it a month or two to get used to the bat. Some minor adjustment of strokes and shot selection may be needed. But once you get used to it, the blade is unlikely to be the bottleneck of your match performance. Of course, if we are talking about a DEF chopping blade v.s. a Primorac Carbon, then it is a different story.
Yeah, I’m not arguing with all that you saying. I can play with almost everything form innerforce type to viscaria, and the best blade would be the one that i have used and played the most.

And if you are Ma Long or Ovthcarov you can play with 10$ racket, but it’s not meaning that they all are the same.
But the higher your skill is, the less important such things became - cuz all the gaming tools are ruling by you and you quickly adjusting to equipment - here i agree with you

Reactions: NextLevel

NDH

says Spin to win!
Yeah, I’m not arguing with all that you saying. I can play with almost everything form innerforce type to viscaria, and the best blade would be the one that i have used and played the most.

And if you are Ma Long or Ovthcarov you can play with 10$ racket, but it’s not meaning that they all are the same.
But the higher your skill is, the less important such things became - cuz all the gaming tools are ruling by you and you quickly adjusting to equipment - here i agree with you

I disagree quite significantly on that last part.....

The higher your skill level, the *more* important the equipment becomes.

Sure, good players can use virtually anything and do a good job.

But the better you are, the more you can get out of your equipment, and that's where the very small margins really matter.

A novice player using a HL5 or Harimoto will make zero difference.

As long as you are not using stuff that is crazy fast as a beginner (like Dignics or fast carbon blades), you will be fine.

An intermediate player can pretty much be fine with anything from an ALL to OFF blade and about 1000 different rubber combinations.....

A player who hasn't been playing that long (say, under 2 years), is not going to be affected by the differences between the 100's of blades and rubbers in those categories.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
To me equipment is important coz:

Before equipping my lil'friend I am like:
89CF2108-D4BC-48EF-8DFB-E767B6039496.jpeg

whereas after equipping with my lil'friend:
492C8DC1-E149-45A8-A52F-8CDA7640C404.jpeg

Its all about belief. 😎

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
I disagree quite significantly on that last part.....

The higher your skill level, the *more* important the equipment becomes.

Sure, good players can use virtually anything and do a good job.

But the better you are, the more you can get out of your equipment, and that's where the very small margins really matter.

A novice player using a HL5 or Harimoto will make zero difference.

As long as you are not using stuff that is crazy fast as a beginner (like Dignics or fast carbon blades), you will be fine.

An intermediate player can pretty much be fine with anything from an ALL to OFF blade and about 1000 different rubber combinations.....

A player who hasn't been playing that long (say, under 2 years), is not going to be affected by the differences between the 100's of blades and rubbers in those categories.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Can we stop arguing? I mean, we all love table tennis here, and it's really not worth it to get worked up over equipment advice topic. I'd rather prefer we all stay friendly and share experiences about the abovementioned blades and such, rather than pick on something in each other's posts.
Back to the blades, I'm contacting both sellers and waiting, while also trying to lower the price a bit on Long V. Truth be told, I'm leaning towards Harimoto ALC right now, but with the right price I just may be able to get both blades, play-test them, and keep the one I like, while selling the spare to recover some monetary loss incurred. Would that idea work?

Jan 2023
I like how you using a lot of dots……

I like how you using those dots really………
Spamming like ……… it makes your opinions more reliable and knowledgeable😄

You have some kind of a problem, thinking that someone should prove something to you, before posting an opinion. I don’t care really what you think, you are an average league player, so be little bit more humble, buddy. But no, here we go again, with “you playing only a year blah blah”. It’s a sad, and boring story. You are not a coach, not a national level player, why are so toxic? Just “blah blah blah” from a random internet dude.
Before you didn’t seen how I play, your quotes is kinda pointless, because their based on a theory, that adults can’t learn TT fast and that’s it. You will see, that there is an exceptions from this. Plus i tested and played with a lot of equipment, I have really big blade collection, so i will have my opinion on it if someone was asking
That's a long post from someone who doesn't care :D
BTW, have you managed to find time to video your games yet? I recall you are planning to do so in another post. Or maybe I am hallucinating.

Jan 2023
Can we stop arguing? I mean, we all love table tennis here, and it's really not worth it to get worked up over equipment advice topic. I'd rather prefer we all stay friendly and share experiences about the abovementioned blades and such, rather than pick on something in each other's posts.
Back to the blades, I'm contacting both sellers and waiting, while also trying to lower the price a bit on Long V. Truth be told, I'm leaning towards Harimoto ALC right now, but with the right price I just may be able to get both blades, play-test them, and keep the one I like, while selling the spare to recover some monetary loss incurred. Would that idea work?
Yeah, both blades should be easy to sell if kept in good condition.

This user has no status.
Yeah, both blades should be easy to sell if kept in good condition.
I really hope so. I had bad times trying to sell discontinued Andro and Tibhar blades I had in my stash from days ago. Probably, because no one knew them, and they were not from Butterfly :D
And, for some reason, a lot of people I know are afraid of trying expensive DHS blades. It's like they acknowledge only W968 and super-cheap DHS blades, nothing in-between.

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
That's a long post from someone who doesn't care :D
BTW, have you managed to find time to video your games yet? I recall you are planning to do so in another post. Or maybe I am hallucinating.
I will do it, don't worry. But i have much more important stuff to do, besides of proving pointless things to strangers in the internet by using tripod. As i told already, ill do it when i will have mood and inspiration. Have some patience, my friend, or you think i need to be hurry up, for some reason?:sneaky:

Jan 2023
I will do it, don't worry. But i have much more important stuff to do, besides of proving pointless things to strangers in the internet by using tripod. As i told already, ill do it when i will have mood and inspiration. Have some patience, my friend, or you think i need to be hurry up, for some reason?:sneaky:
I am interested in seeing how much an adult who plays for 1 year can reach. If we wait, then you become an adult who plays for 2 years, and that's not as interesting :D
Somebody tried this before:

Reactions: NextLevel

NDH

says Spin to win!
Thank you! 😃

I like how you using those dots really………
Spamming like ……… it makes your opinions more reliable and knowledgeable😄

I've always used dots - Bad habit perhaps, but I've never considered them to mean anything other than what they are (dots!)

I don’t care really what you think, you are an average league player, so be little bit more humble, buddy.

Don't knock us average league players! 😅

We are out here trying our best.

I'm not sure where I've *not* been humble here? Perhaps something was lost in translation, so enlighten me if you would be so kind?

Before you didn’t seen how I play, your quotes is kinda pointless, because their based on a theory, that adults can’t learn TT fast and that’s it. You will see, that there is an exceptions from this. Plus i tested and played with a lot of equipment, I have nice blade collection, so i will have my opinion on it if someone was asking

You are right. I haven't seen you play.

But I have seen thousands of people playing at all levels for the last 20 years, and none of them would dream to give advice on things they don't really know, or haven't used extensively.

There is quite a big learning curve with Table Tennis, that only comes from experience (reading/theory isn't going to help).

I'm sure you are a much better player than me, and I'm sure your video will prove that.

You've obviously taken it personally, and it absolutely wasn't my intention for that to happen, so I apologize!

I'm really keen to see you play, as it'll add a huge amount to the forum and it's users.

As I said previously, an adult who can achieve a very high level in a very short space of time can hopefully pass on a lot of great advice to others on here!

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
I am interested in seeing how much an adult who plays for 1 year can reach. If we wait, then you become an adult who plays for 2 years, and that's not as interesting :D
Somebody tried this before:

Yeah, i have read it. In the end, if you reading all correctly, the coach pointed, that results can be much different if the participant was well trained boxer for example, because such kind of an athletes has better weight transferring basics and better movement than most regular population. Im was national level athlete in multiply sports. So my coordination is better than 99% of an adults selling managers, that are just starting their way in TT. So for me was a lot more easier to learn the basics. But i don't think its possible to get top 100 of the country for a year its 100%. Even my coach admitted, that never seeing people progress like that, and he has 50 years of experience in TT. Don't worry, it didn't take a year from me to take an video, just be little bit more patient - that's all i asked ;)

Last edited:
Jan 2023
Yeah, i have read it. In the end, if you reading all correctly, the coach pointed, that results can be much different if the participant was well trained boxer for example, because such kind of an athletes has better weight transferring basics and better movement than most regular population. Im was national level athlete in multiply sports. So my coordination is better than 99% of an adults selling managers, that are just starting their way in TT. So for me was a lot more easier to learn the basics. Even my coach admitted, that never seeing people progress like that, and he has 50 years of experience in TT. Don't worry, it didn't take a year from me to take an video, just be little bit more patient - that's all i asked ;)
Multiple?! That's really impressive. Would you mind sharing which one you participated in?