DHS Neo rubbers vs normal boosted

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
No... Unfortunately butterfly rubbers are not vaccum sealed, same with dignics. It sucked, I'm starting to move away from them for that very reason. If you buy them, you have to use them.
I just remembered the video Timo Boll showed, glueing 5 or 6 sets of new rubbers on his blade collection. Of course he trains and uses the units every day and picks the best two for the next competition. In our case half of the rubbers would already be "stale" before we could have the use of them.
It does bring up the question: are these expensive high quality rubbers worth buying for the average amateur club hack ????
Of course for myself I know the answer 😂

• Haha
Reactions: ben1229
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Butterfly literally markets that they use high tension technology on their spring sponge and sp x based rubbers. It's in almost every campaign. Here's a link for butterfly and the high tension: https://en.butterfly.tt/technologie-belaege-high_tension
I think when you compared Butterfly Tenergy/Dignics and ESN tensor with Mark V or Sriver, you can easily see that there is tension built into Tenergy/Dignics/ESN tensors.

Now does the effect dissipate? I don't know because I am pretty sure an one-year old Tenergy sitting there, out of the package, is still a lot more catapulty than Mark V or Sriver.

Do I think they pre-tuned the rubber at the factory to make the catapult effects even more pronounced? Yes.

So what do I do? If I have an old sheet of Butterfly and/or ESN tensor rubber, I just give it one layer of booster before putting it on my blade.

That's it. I don't even thinking about it that much.

Reactions: lodro
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I just remembered the video Timo Boll showed, glueing 5 or 6 sets of new rubbers on his blade collection. Of course he trains and uses the units every day and picks the best two for the next competition. In our case half of the rubbers would already be "stale" before we could have the use of them.
It does bring up the question: are these expensive high quality rubbers worth buying for the average amateur club hack ????
Of course for myself I know the answer 😂
If you like them, why not?

If you have the money to spare, and since they do keep their characteristics for a while I'd say yes. But some people don't like them.

It's up to each player.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I think when you compared Butterfly Tenergy/Dignics and ESN tensor with Mark V or Sriver, you can easily see that there is tension built into Tenergy/Dignics/ESN tensors.

Now does the effect dissipate? I don't know because I am pretty sure an one-year old Tenergy sitting there, out of the package, is still a lot more catapulty than Mark V or Sriver.

Do I think they pre-tuned the rubber at the factory to make the catapult effects even more pronounced? Yes.

So what do I do? If I have an old sheet of Butterfly and/or ESN tensor rubber, I just give it one layer of booster before putting it on my blade.

That's it. I don't even thinking about it that much.
And old rubber that's never been used will still have catapult but will have lost a lot of feeling.

I avoid using boosted on euro rubbers because it's very easy to overboost them.

At this point I've boosted some 10 of my old rubber, and I've found that baby oil works perfectly with tensors. It doesn't add almost any speed, but gives life to the rubber, not like new, but a million times better than what it would be. And of course for old played rubbers, it works too.

It keeps the feeling for months as well, just doesn't ads any speed.