DHS W968 review

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

Cool! look forward to your review. Where did you order from?

Pro TT, he gave me 3 to choose from at a reasonable price. I wasn't going to order a single digit for $900-1000.

Maybe later I'll order a #5 through 8 later on, but I'm sure a W968 Provincial Letters would have already been good enough from what I've tried, just had to spend a bit more to get the National with the actual W968 marking because I'm shallow lol.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hi!

I could see D05 working well on a regular HL5 or Innerforce ALC.

If I remember correctly, I had tried H8-80 and C-1 on the HL5, maybe a few more rubbers, likely not the right types! lol

It was really the handle size I couldn't get around, I could see the blade fitting a lot of players though. I certainly didn't test it much as it reminded me too much of some IF ALC's I've had and moved past after a few years.

Yea it's got a really thin handle. The older version flares out more but the mid section feels equally thin. I do have pretty small hands so it's not a big deal, I think a bit of grip tape and it'd be perfect.

Pro TT, he gave me 3 to choose from at a reasonable price. I wasn't going to order a single digit for $900-1000.

Maybe later I'll order a #5 through 8 later on, but I'm sure a W968 Provincial Letters would have already been good enough from what I've tried, just had to spend a bit more to get the National with the actual W968 marking because I'm shallow lol.

Haha, that's the way to go! And if it doesn't work out you know where to find a reliable 2nd hand buyer 😉

• Love
Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Yea it's got a really thin handle. The older version flares out more but the mid section feels equally thin. I do have pretty small hands so it's not a big deal, I think a bit of grip tape and it'd be perfect.

Haha, that's the way to go! And if it doesn't work out you know where to find a reliable 2nd hand buyer 😉

Haha for sure, knowing me, I'll keep it in my collection for a while if I don't play it as my go-to blade!

Like my 2 Viscarias Golden, also I will probably sell the used one eventually.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011

Haha for sure, knowing me, I'll keep it in my collection for a while if I don't play it as my go-to blade!

Like my 2 Viscarias Golden, also I will probably sell the used one eventually.

Seriously though, I can't imagine many people buying these national blades and using them in their primary setup. I imagine most people just try it a few times and then keep it in storage. For a blade like the HL5 even trying it out can be dangerous with the way it splints!

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

Seriously though, I can't imagine many people buying these national blades and using them in their primary setup. I imagine most people just try it a few times and then keep it in storage. For a blade like the HL5 even trying it out can be dangerous with the way it splints!

I got a guy using a National #2 at my club (paid $1000) and he goes all out!

The quality of the W968 really is on par with Butterfly, maybe even Nittaku, so no splints.

I'll play with mine and if I like it more than my IF ZLC, it'll be just about the only blade I play with and would likely get a Provincial as a backup.

If I encounter any splints when changing rubbers, I'll spray it very lightly with laquer to seal.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011

I gotta guy using a National #2 at my club (paid $1000) and it goes all out!

The quality of the W968 really is on par with Butterfly, maybe even Nittaku, so no splints.

I'll play with mine and if I like it more than my IF ZLC, it'll be just about the only blade I play with and would likely get a Provincial as a backup.

If I encounter any splints when changing rubbers, I'll spray it very lightly with laquer to seal.

Damn, you must play at some baller club lol. I wouldn't even take the chance, I'd just seal it the moment I get it. In fact, I do that for all my limba upper blades now. After I came back from a long break from TT I forgot to do it, and I was soooo pissed when my HL5 Cpen splintered on the 2nd rubber change. If you watch Chinese videos on Bilbili on the W968, all the used blades have splints on them and the comment sections are filled with jokes about splints. That may also be because the glue they use though, as they tend to use stronger ones because everyone uses boosted H3 on the FH side.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I'm just wondering, would LGY or FZD or one of the non-968 users switch to 968 specifically for a match against a chopper?

Against a chopper, the flick will be far less used than the FH loop, so if it were me, I would take a few days to train with the 968 to get the extra FH loop feeling against the chopper.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

Damn, you must play at some baller club lol. I wouldn't even take the chance, I'd just seal it the moment I get it. In fact, I do that for all my limba upper blades now. After I came back from a long break from TT I forgot to do it, and I was soooo pissed when my HL5 Cpen splintered on the 2nd rubber change. If you watch Chinese videos on Bilbili on the W968, all the used blades have splints on them and the comment sections are filled with jokes about splints. That may also be because the glue they use though, as they tend to use stronger ones because everyone uses boosted H3 on the FH side.

I don't know if the club is that baller, but it's large with a lot of Chinese and Vietnamese players, some with money I suppose or are as curious or obsessed as I am lol. The larger trend is that almost all players there play with Butterfly ALC blades with Tenergy or Dignics both sides regardless of level or years played which is very different than how it is in Europe.

Ah man, sorry about your HL5 cpen, did you use some wood filler to fix it? I'd be pissed too.

I use Rev3 glue now, normal viscosity, used BTY Free Chack before, and didn't have this problem on BTY blades, but they do come factory sealed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
So I have been playing with MX-S more since my Vega Asia will take a couple of days to arrive. MX-S is probably pretty darn good for someone that has a perfect BH style. If you have the wrist to stretch the MX-S topsheet and at the same time the forearm to move it foreward I think it would be suitable.
On some occasions when I am in relaxed state I can do that and it feels good. It feel right!
But like 95% of the time it feels like I need to do extra effort with it. I realize that this migh be cause of my wrist anatomy, buit still it just doesn't suit me that well. I really freaking hope Vega Asia will be a better fit. Or H3 on backhand too in worst case scanario lol.

I’ve played a few hours with 05FX BH and K3 FH and at present I like the 05FX as it felt fast enough but was also very good on lifting backspin/loop. The K3 felt a little too hard on this blade so I’m going to try my sheets of D05/T05 for something a little softer. Will also try T80 on BH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

Well, just swallowed the pill and ordered a W968 National from 2022.

If I'm not mistaken, the ones made from 2019 on are the 2nd gen with the smaller head size.

I'll review once I've tried it extensively after finding rubbers that work for me on it,

Congratulations, that’s very exciting.

I look forward to hearing bout the journey once you get it..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011

I don't know if the club is that baller, but it's large with a lot of Chinese and Vietnamese players, some with money I suppose or are as curious or obsessed as I am lol. The larger trend is that almost all players there play with Butterfly ALC blades with Tenergy or Dignics both sides regardless of level or years played which is very different than how it is in Europe.

Ah man, sorry about your HL5 cpen, did you use some wood filler to fix it? I'd be pissed too.

I use Rev3 glue now, normal viscosity, used BTY Free Chack before, and didn't have this problem on BTY blades, but they do come factory sealed.

Nah, I just sealed it, it wasn't too many splints and they weren't too deep, so I figured it's better to just limit the damage.

Anyhow, congrats on the purchase! When is it gonna arrive? I'm eagerly awaiting your thoughts on it. At the price prott is selling it, I might end up getting one. After all, it was Ma Long who inspired me to start playing TT 13 years ago (and a desire to not get beat by girls at my school 😏) and I've always tried to model my game after his.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

I’ve played a few hours with 05FX BH and K3 FH and at present I like the 05FX as it felt fast enough but was also very good on lifting backspin/loop. The K3 felt a little too hard on this blade so I’m going to try my sheets of D05/T05 for something a little softer. Will also try T80 on BH.

Great to hear T05 FX works well on the BH for you!

That's my favorite BH rubber (although it's too fast and bouncy on my Viscaria) so if I can use it on the W968 I'd be very happy!

Let us know how D05, T05 and 80 perform for you on both wings.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

Nah, I just sealed it, it wasn't too many splints and they weren't too deep, so I figured it's better to just limit the damage.

Anyhow, congrats on the purchase! When is it gonna arrive? I'm eagerly awaiting your thoughts on it. At the price prott is selling it, I might end up getting one. After all, it was Ma Long who inspired me to start playing TT 13 years ago (and a desire to not get beat by girls at my school 😏) and I've always tried to model my game after his.

I'm hoping within the next 2 weeks! I'll let you know once I've received it.

I was also talking to a couple DHS distributors in China, they all more or less list the same price for W968 Prov and Nat, but ProTT was easiest because he has a website which takes PayPal pay in 4 lol, makes it a bit easier to justify the price tag.

Reactions: dingyibvs
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

Great to hear T05 FX works well on the BH for you!

That's my favorite BH rubber (although it's too fast and bouncy on my Viscaria) so if I can use it on the W968 I'd be very happy!

Let us know how D05, T05 and 80 perform for you on both wings.

I’m really pleased with 05fx so far and D05 with one layer of boost also feels great