DHS W968 review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

Playing with Chinese rubbers does take a different technique. It's a common misconception that you need to brush more with them, you actually need to hit more with them. The feel is a "hit, then brush" kind of thing. I initially learned my strokes with Chinese rubbers so that's what I always preferred. I switched from T05 to D09c because it allows me to use a more Chinese style loop.

To me, the advantage of that style of looping isn't so much the power, but the consistency. A more open racket allows so much more surface area to contact the ball.

Yes, with H3 BS I felt the same way, I need to hit more and the rubber it just spins the ball that way better. I don't get how it does it but I can hear the ball spinning on the barrier so I am happy.
On the other hand with H3 or the Dingtian if I close the racket angle it produces a weak shot. Or it just sends it straight into the net so in the beginning, I had to make an effort to remind myself to leave the racket fully open. Now I guess it comes naturally and while it is a very strong drive it feels super safe and consistent.
With open racketface these blue sponge rubbers eat the ball well, if you close the angle somewhat like you would do for tenergy they drop the ball on strong impact. On weak impact and very tangential contacts they are good again. So weird.

After playing with D09c or Chinese rubbers do you also find T05 or any other similar rubber to be dead slow if you try it out on your FH? Or Is it just me?

PS: Which version of the Young Shine Dingtian do you have? Blue sponge? 39, 40, 41 degrees?

40deg blue sponge version. I got it from Prott when they started to sell it, and until summer I forgot about it, then I tried it unboosted and it was like any unboosted non-neo Hurricane 3, slow, not spinny etc...
Glad I tried to boost it in December, 2 layers of FTL makes it sing. I'm sure Seamoon will do the job equally well.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022

Playing with Chinese rubbers does take a different technique. It's a common misconception that you need to brush more with them, you actually need to hit more with them. The feel is a "hit, then brush" kind of thing. I initially learned my strokes with Chinese rubbers so that's what I always preferred. I switched from T05 to D09c because it allows me to use a more Chinese style loop.

To me, the advantage of that style of looping isn't so much the power, but the consistency. A more open racket allows so much more surface area to contact the ball.

Sometimes it is brushing with open paddle but hit and brush sounds correct to me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Just circling back after a few weeks and a fair amount of play/matches/practice with the blade.

I am enjoying it very much - it seems to offer the best balance of speed, feel and control of any of the blades I have played so far and is a good fit with my D05/T05FX.

The larger handle makes a tremendous difference to me and the balance just feels right.

• Love
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Just circling back after a few weeks and a fair amount of play/matches/practice with the blade.

I am enjoying it very much - it seems to offer the best balance of speed, feel and control of any of the blades I have played so far and is a good fit with my D05/T05FX.

The larger handle makes a tremendous difference to me and the balance just feels right.

Can't wait for mine to get here! I will try it with T05 FX on the BH, and will try my new fav Z2, D05 and a boosted Dingtian on the FH since I happen to have those.

Reactions: latej and Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

Can't wait for mine to get here! I will try it with T05 FX on the BH, and will try my new fav Z2, D05 and a boosted Dingtian on the FH since I happen to have those.

I hope it meets your expectations and am keen to hear how the rubbers fare.

I will be trying a sheet of T05 (boosted) next as I always liked it on FH and want to compare to D05.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016

Have you posted the dimensions of the handle somewhere?

I'm looking for the width and height at three points, the base, middle and top of the handle.

Thanks

Sent from my T780H using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020

I hope it meets your expectations and am keen to hear how the rubbers fare.

I will be trying a sheet of T05 (boosted) next as I always liked it on FH and want to compare to D05.

Good day to you sir,

How many layer of booster you had apply on the sponge of your T05.

Thank you for your kind reply and recommend.

Best regards,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
So apparently my W968 is now on a plane. Last time it happened with a shipment from China it only took about a week for the item to arrive, so hopefully by next weekend I could be playing with the W968!

As an aside, every time I twiddle and switch to D09c as my BH, it feels so friggin great. I thought I'd just get used to the D05, and I've been getting progressively better with it, but every now and then I twiddle to use the D09c and my consistency immediately improves. I've been developing a longer, more forceful BH stroke that involves full forearm extension and more body usage to better access the HL5's power, kind of like WCQ's BH stroke, and the D09c holds the ball so much better than the D05.

I originally picked D05 for its crispness, but over the past month I've found that crispness from the rubber is just not the same as crispness from the blade. Since I've developed a stroke that values dwell to fit the HL5, I think a rubber that fits this style may work better. I think I'm gonna get an used sheet of red sheet of D09c to see how having it on both sides of the blade will work for me. There's still a chance that while it may work for the regular HL5 but not the W968, so I'm not gonna buy a new sheet yet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
So apparently my W968 is now on a plane. Last time it happened with a shipment from China it only took about a week for the item to arrive, so hopefully by next weekend I could be playing with the W968!

As an aside, every time I twiddle and switch to D09c as my BH, it feels so friggin great. I thought I'd just get used to the D05, and I've been getting progressively better with it, but every now and then I twiddle to use the D09c and my consistency immediately improves. I've been developing a longer, more forceful BH stroke that involves full forearm extension and more body usage to better access the HL5's power, kind of like WCQ's BH stroke, and the D09c holds the ball so much better than the D05.

I originally picked D05 for its crispness, but over the past month I've found that crispness from the rubber is just not the same as crispness from the blade. Since I've developed a stroke that values dwell to fit the HL5, I think a rubber that fits this style may work better. I think I'm gonna get a nter used sheet of red sheet of D09c to see how having it on both sides of the blade will work for me. There's still a chance that while it may work for the regular HL5 but not the W968, so I'm not gonna buy a new sheet yet.

Interesting thoughts - I can see your logic. Strangely my journey has been in the opposite direction as I have migrated to softer rubbers on both sides (R7>05fx and K3 > T05 FH) I have found the softer, higher dwell and better feeling of 968 allows me to use more reactive, slightly bouncier rubbers and deliver more speed (given my limitations)

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

I originally picked D05 for its crispness, but over the past month I've found that crispness from the rubber is just not the same as crispness from the blade. Since I've developed a stroke that values dwell to fit the HL5, I think a rubber that fits this style may work better. I think I'm gonna get an used sheet of red sheet of D09c to see how having it on both sides of the blade will work for me. There's still a chance that while it may work for the regular HL5 but not the W968, so I'm not gonna buy a new sheet yet.

Mine's on the plane too as of 1/20!

A friend from France got excited too and just ordered a W968 Prov!

Reactions: dingyibvs
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

Interesting thoughts - I can see your logic. Strangely my journey has been in the opposite direction as I have migrated to softer rubbers on both sides (R7>05fx and K3 > T05 FH) I have found the softer, higher dwell and better feeling of 968 allows me to use more reactive, slightly bouncier rubbers and deliver more speed (given my limitations)

Are you now using T05 on the FH of your W968?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
For beginners and more advanced techniques.

viscaria or w968?

just asking?

You can use either if you want, both offer enough feeling and neither is extremely fast/hard/stiff so you can develop your shots with it. With that said, a beginner probably will play better with slower blades, and you won't really appreciate their advantages until you get a lot better.

• Wow

You can use either if you want, both offer enough feeling and neither is extremely fast/hard/stiff so you can develop your shots with it. With that said, a beginner probably will play better with slower blades, and you won't really appreciate their advantages until you get a lot better.

Ok
maybe a clone of Tmount 560/540
before the original

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
For beginners and more advanced techniques.

viscaria or w968?

just asking?

I think they are for different playstyles. If you seek to attack everything as soon as possible and you live from your own strength then W968 is better suited. If you have more of a passive, blocking, countering style on top of the table then Viscaria would be better. Of course you can use both blades for everything but their focus is a bit different.