Dignics 05 vs Xiom Vega X

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
Lol, I have played with Dignics 05 (same as Dignics 09c and Glayzer). It is on my friends' blades. I don't own it though. It did not make that much impression on me. Plus when it is my friends' blades, I am not used to their carbon so hard for me to tell.
wow ok… i thought you’ve played with it throughly because you sound like you know the rubber inside out…

says Feel the ball first.
Oct 2022
I don't comment on stuff I have never played before. I have a couple friends at the club with Butterfly carbon blades with Dignics 05, Dignics 09c and Glayzer on them. I have borrowed their blades and fool around a bit. They do not make that much impression on me. If I want to go Dignics 09c, I would not because I am very very satisfied with Hurricane on my forehand. No way I am cheating on my Hurricane by paying up for Dignics 09c.

I personally own T05fx, T64fx and T80fx so I know how soft Tenergy series feel. And I can tell you, I will pick Rakza 7 soft, Rakza X soft and C-1 over any of those Tenergy fx any time of the day. It is just that I bought them. I barely play with those Tenergy fx rubbers but I keep them around still. They are all at least 3 years old so I am not going to throw them away because they are so lightly used.

As a result of me not commenting on stuff I have not played with, once the OP asked about Xiom Ice Cream AZX and Xiom AJH TMXi, I have kept my mouth shut. I don't know anything about Xiom blades.

Xiom Vega X and Xiom Vega Europe. yes I own them and they are sitting on my blades (Xiom Vega X is on a Yinhe carbon blade and Xiom Vega Europe is on my Nittaku Acoustic carbon blade).

Some people say Xiom Vega Pro is better than Xiom Vega X so I will try to get my hands on a sheet of Xiom Vega Pro when I have time. Otherwise I am pretty happy about the Xiom Vega series. Am I tempted to pay up and try Xiom Omega VII series. No, not one bit. I am happy with what I have got.

Regardless, the OP is asking about Xiom Vega X and it is at rock bottom price on Dandoy sport. $26 and change is a steal for a catapulty ESN rubber nowadays......
JJ, I get the reason behind your post above but you don't need to explain anything to anyone, it's clear to everyone that your opinions are based on real experience. This forum is full of players that talks about stuff really tried. Also, I've noted that when someone in this forum talks about stuff not tried, they write that they have not already used it. Just ignore words written superficially.

Reactions: JJ Ng and ben1229
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
All these serious points you made, and then you recommend Fastarc G-1 as a better option than Vega X. Are. You. Kidding. Me.

Choosing Vega X is no-brainer here. For a budget price, you get a product is very close to top line rubbers. No, it's not a match for sheer speed and extreme spin whenever you are capable to unlock that with D05 on backhand, but it's nor.miles away from that and it's eaier to activate, easier to spin, easier to control (much easier in more passive game aspects)
G1 in my opinion is a better bh rubber and hence why i recommended it. I have played with both rubbers a decent amount of time before and honestly G1 is much easier to use than Vega X. G1 is much more direct and rather linear and it feels safer in my opinion. Joshmak also said he wanted more safety in his shot and personally id take G1 over Vega X any day of the week, but thats only my opinion.

I am here sharing my thoughts and experience and it might be different to yours.

Reactions: jk1980
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
from what i have read so far… i realize there are so much crap on the internet
- some people talk about the rubber like an expert but then have never played with it
- a majority part of table tennis is hand feeling and people have different feelings - i suggest you try it yourself
- for the OP: are you lefthanded, usually wear headband and have a serious serve posture?

I agree with you saying that feeling is a big aspect of equipment to use, but having a clearer idea of how a rubber plays would help you filter out and sorta pinpoint a few rubbers you might wanna try.

G1 in my opinion is a better bh rubber and hence why i recommended it. I have played with both rubbers a decent amount of time before and honestly G1 is much easier to use than Vega X. G1 is much more direct and rather linear and it feels safer in my opinion. Joshmak also said he wanted more safety in his shot and personally id take G1 over Vega X any day of the week, but thats only my opinion.

I am here sharing my thoughts and experience and it might be different to yours.
The OP was asking for a replacement for Dignics 05, while considering using Vega X. You were against Vega X and instead suggested several rubbers that are not really easier to use than Vega X, including Xiom Omega 7 Pro, and so G1 doesn't fit in there at all. D05 is far above G1 in most playing characteristics, while the control aspect naturally goes in favor of G1 as it is much slower and lacks catapult of modern rubbers. Vega X is much more dynamic compared to G1, the top sheet is grippier by a significant amount. I also agree to disagree with you that G1 is more direct, as it's trajectory is definitely higher than that of X.

Reactions: latej
Hi all been looking at cheaper alternatives to replace my Dignics 05 on the backhand as i no longer have the budget to spend that high on rubbers. I stumbled upon the vega x and from the reviews it looks like a very good rubber, but i am curious to know its comparison to D05 and how much of a downgrade it is. For reference I have a good backhand flick and topspin and am okay at blocking
I haven't heard of a rubber like D05 with similar playing characteristics and significantly lower price, even anything the range of over $50.

I'm assuming that your skill level is good, so I'd recommend what I use myself - Cornilleau Target Pro XD 47.5 . The way it plays resembles Tenergy 05 a lot, including ball trajectory. It is not a spin monster like Tenergy but it still has a very good mechanical spin capability and it tops T05 when you brush the ball as the top sheet is grippier. It is also significantly less sensitive to spin and it's faster, while it's easier to control than T05 overall. On top of it, it's also very durable. I recommend it in 2.0mm version.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
My apologies, I don't understand your point here..
My interpretation is that G-1 costs $46 and X costs $40 on TT11 so not much of a price difference. However Dandoy is running $26 special on Xiom Vega X without the bulk 30% discount. I think that is a big deal. sometimes trying to order $350 to get 30% is a bit daunting.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
The OP was asking for a replacement for Dignics 05, while considering using Vega X. You were against Vega X and instead suggested several rubbers that are not really easier to use than Vega X, including Xiom Omega 7 Pro, and so G1 doesn't fit in there at all. D05 is far above G1 in most playing characteristics, while the control aspect naturally goes in favor of G1 as it is much slower and lacks catapult of modern rubbers. Vega X is much more dynamic compared to G1, the top sheet is grippier by a significant amount. I also agree to disagree with you that G1 is more direct, as it's trajectory is definitely higher than that of X.
My view is that once someone is used to the catapult effect of Butterfly rubber, I agree; G-1 not much catapult might be disappointing. X has enough catapult but not too much. I think the OP will be happier with X than G-1.

JJ, I get the reason behind your post above but you don't need to explain anything to anyone, it's clear to everyone that your opinions are based on real experience. This forum is full of players that talks about stuff really tried. Also, I've noted that when someone in this forum talks about stuff not tried, they write that they have not already used it. Just ignore words written superficially.
I actually wish that the majority of forum posts talked about stuff that was seriously tested.

Reactions: JJ Ng and ben1229
Oct 2022
Xiom O7 Pro is a very easy to use rubber, great feeling of grabbing the ball thanks to the elastic top sheet. I've used a lot it in the past. I can't compare to Vega X since I've not used it, and never will, but the absolute easiness of O7 pro makes it not a problem at all. It's a friendly 47.5° rubber, a lot of players would not use it even on the backhand preferring more powerful, and less easier, rubbers...

of course imho and ymmv

Xiom O7 Pro is a very easy to use rubber, great feeling of grabbing the ball thanks to the elastic top sheet. I've used a lot it in the past. I can't compare to Vega X since I've not used it, and never will, but the absolute easiness of O7 pro makes it not a problem at all. It's a friendly 47.5° rubber, a lot of players would not use it even on the backhand preferring more powerful, and less easier, rubbers...

of course imho and ymmv
Had a chance to try X and VII Pro on the same blade, and they were quite similar, just X had a bit higher and shorter trajectory arc and was a bit less powerful. The time I had to try them both was not adequate for me to make definite conclusions about the rubbers, but from what I could observe, you are right. However, it's especially the trajectory of the ball coming off D05 when used actively that is very different from these two. If OP is willing to take time to adjust, Omega VII Pro will be more dangerous while X is the safer bet. But my recommendation is Cornilleau Target Pro XD, either 47.5 or 52.5. They're powerful high-end rubbers send the ball off with a trajectory that is much closer to D05, and while they are normally pricy, I've seen several table tennis stores online offering discounts

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
All these serious points you made, and then you recommend Fastarc G-1 as a better option than Vega X. Are. You. Kidding. Me.

Choosing Vega X is no-brainer here. For a budget price, you get a product is very close to top line rubbers. No, it's not a match for sheer speed and extreme spin whenever you are capable to unlock that with D05 on backhand, but it's nor.miles away from that and it's eaier to activate, easier to spin, easier to control (much easier in more passive game aspects)
I agree with G1 being better than Vega X though. G1 is much easier to play in the short game compared to Vega X, and it produces more spin and speed when you use proper technique. G1 is closer to Tenergy 05, only slightly slower than D05. I found D05 to be a direct upgrade to the G1 on the BH. I would also recommend OP Glayzer 05 over Vega X all day.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
I agree with G1 being better than Vega X though. G1 is much easier to play in the short game compared to Vega X, and it produces more spin and speed when you use proper technique. G1 is closer to Tenergy 05, only slightly slower than D05. I found D05 to be a direct upgrade to the G1 on the BH. I would also recommend OP Glayzer 05 over Vega X all day.
Seconded. I would choose G1 over Vega X any day.

Reactions: jk1980
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
I have been using Xiom Vega X on both FH and BH since March 2023. I find it quite good for forehand and backhand keeping in mind that I am not a pro. Earlier I used to use Fastarc C1 on my backhand, and in comparison I found initially Vega X to be a quite a bit bouncier and springy for first 25-30 days approx. once the effect of tensor has mellowed down I felt that I can tame it much better. I tend to play close to mid-distance while trying to make right ball selection for attack. For my game, it fits perfectly well. Some other rubbers which are on my radar and I would love to try are -
Hexer Grip and Powergrip
Victas Ventas Extra
Xiom Vega Japan
Rasanter R45/C45
Fastarc G1 (2.1 thickness)
Hammond Z2
Rakza 9
Joola Rhyzm P (if available) or any newer version of the same

I cannot provide any comparison to D05 as I haven't tried it.

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

Coming from D05 to G1 on BH would be quite a shock, because G1 topsheet, in contrast to D05, is slippery on a thin contact and you need to engage the sponge to get it controlled. So BH flicks, bananas, backspin lifting could require a lot of adjustment. I'd rather go for Vega X or, even better, Gold Arc 8 - an excellent BH rubber, safe, good dwell, easy to play with and still aggressive enough. And it's cheap. The only downside (for some) -it's quite heavy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Cười lớn, tôi đã chơi với Dignics 05 (giống như Dignics 09c và Glayzer). Nó ở trên lưỡi dao của bạn tôi. Mặc dù vậy tôi không sở hữu nó. Nó không gây ấn tượng nhiều với tôi. Ngoài ra, khi đó là lưỡi kiếm của bạn bè tôi, tôi không quen với carbon của họ nên khó có thể nói được.
You are so kind ♥♥