Dignics 09c vs DNA Dragon Grip

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
A friend lent me a nearly new sheet of D09c, as I was curious how similar it really is to ESN offerings such as DNA dragon grip. DNA dragon grip is probably ESN's most well-known 55degree hybrid offering.

So I glued D09c and DG both to the same blade and will test how they compare to each other. Just for initial observations, I see that D09c is much tackier than DG. Also I see that DG has the thicker sponge, and D09c has the thicker topsheet. DG feels harder overall, which makes sense given the thicker sponge. Both are very grippy and will no-doubt grip and bite the ball very well.

From a bounce test, they both seem to bounce the same and have similar amount of catapult. But D0c is tackier, which suggests that it will be the "kickier" looping rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Yeah, the 09c should be better for far from the table looping due to the thicker topsheet, and will have more spin due too the tacky topsheet. However i think there are better alternate options than DG. H3neo prov is the same price.
How does that work? Why does thicker topsheet mean better distance looping?

What is benefit of thinner topsheet and thicker sponge?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Ok, I tested the D09c today, and something was very very wrong with it. I dont know why, but for some reason, the rubber had a very very low throw angle, and it just felt broken. The speed was there, but the throw angle was very low and straight. This is not normal at all for D09c, because I tried another D09c and it had a high healthy throw angle. My borrowed D09c was just completely off.

Any idea why this would happen? I only have 2 hunches:

1. When I glued the D09c onto the blade, I didn't stretch it at all, but just put it flat. Maybe I need to stretch it a little bit??

2. It's possible my friend that lent it to me boosted the D09c a long long time ago. Maybe after the booster evaporated, it changed the throw angle of the D09c? Maybe it would be better if I re-boosted it?

Any other ideas why this sheet of D09c seems broken?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
How does that work? Why does thicker topsheet mean better distance looping?

What is benefit of thinner topsheet and thicker sponge?
I'd assume it's because you can lift the ball better from farther. In my experience using H3 and comparing to TDE and Tau 2. Both of which have thin topsheets, that they rely a lot more on the sponge to create arc.
This means it takes more effort to engage it properly.