Does Rakza 7 generate good spin?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Rakza 7 make spin?

HAHA good one.

That stuff is just like Sergey and K1... so hard to make topspin it might as well be categorized as anti rubber.
I don't feel that Rakza 7 is any less spinny than say G-1, C-1, T05 fx, T64 fx, etc. Is it less spinny that Chinese rubbers? Yes.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Sergey Tsos confirmed it last night... rubbers like K1 or Rakza et Al... which are rubbish like anti are for losers... so hard to make any measurable spin, might as well use frictionless LPs.

H3 is the only way to go, and Sergey is reluctant to share his source of National H3 rubber or the proper tuning methods. Many are simply not developed enough to understand or use its capabilities.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Sergey Tsos confirmed it last night... rubbers like K1 or Rakza et Al... which are rubbish like anti are for losers... so hard to make any measurable spin, might as well use frictionless LPs.

H3 is the only way to go, and Sergey is reluctant to share his source of National H3 rubber or the proper tuning methods. Many are simply not developed enough to understand or use its capabilities.
cool. I like my H3 neo and my STN. I would not say Rakza is like anti. If so, Revolution series does not have much grip either.

Is his National H3 rubber really really a lot better than other versions of H3? :) :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Anyone who has been reading the forum a while KNOWS I have been blowing big time smoke on this one.
Sergey uses and loves K1 for the last 1.5 years and can spin the cover off the ball on an over the hill sheet of K1, even after 200 hrs of use. He also likes MX-P well after the tuning effect is gone - plays more consistent, less reactive to spin, and he can spin damn good with any old sheet of MX-K.

I frequently offer on Sergey's behalf for any TT member to mail Sergey their used, unwanted sheets of MX-P for Sergey to use, he would gladly pay shipping.

I posted a few pics of him from team tourneys we have played, so he is real, but simply hasn't registered to talk on TTD, although he is always lurking. One day he will really talk on TTD and go over all the laughs he gets from these threads.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I strongly urge you to persuade Sergey The Tsar Tsos to come to sit with me at a round table. I'm gonna offer some serious Moravian plums brewing secrets if we come to terms!!!!!!! I WANT HIS H3s!!!!!!!
Plumbs or no plumbs, Sergey would be seriously good for everyone if he would talk on TTD.

He knows so much about TT and has what I would assess as a very reasonable approach to learning, improving, preparing, and playing matches. He is a downright good person and it is shameful he has promised me (and all of you) for years he would sign up and talk.

Sergey would be a great asset to everyone. often, it is all the talk about almost equipment exclusively that turns him off. There are very few players who gets it and learned as an adult to figure out that focusing on spin generation makes you adaptable and dangerous.

Reactions: latej
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
latej, if you REALLY want some inside scoop, TTD member ERM is hands down the most expert on any equipment.
I can get him to SOMETIMES comment on the forum, but he is like Sergey in that 98% of conversations about fanboy equipment turn him off.

That cat used to be on the youth team for TT and Tennis in old communist motherland and got a lot of stories about life in general too.

Maybe you can private message him sometime, he will talk to you or anyone.

Reactions: latej and JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Anyone who has been reading the forum a while KNOWS I have been blowing big time smoke on this one.
Sergey uses and loves K1 for the last 1.5 years and can spin the cover off the ball on an over the hill sheet of K1, even after 200 hrs of use. He also likes MX-P well after the tuning effect is gone - plays more consistent, less reactive to spin, and he can spin damn good with any old sheet of MX-K.

I frequently offer on Sergey's behalf for any TT member to mail Sergey their used, unwanted sheets of MX-P for Sergey to use, he would gladly pay shipping.

I posted a few pics of him from team tourneys we have played, so he is real, but simply hasn't registered to talk on TTD, although he is always lurking. One day he will really talk on TTD and go over all the laughs he gets from these threads.
He should sign up! I have a K1 and a K2 (K2 before TT11 discontinued it). If I want to use K2, I will have to get it from Aliexpress. I like both rubbers. However, I have always gone back to Chinese rubbers.

I am impressed that he can spin the heck out of MX-P. I have used EL-S, FX-P and I have one sheet of MX-S waiting for me. I have not been able to generate that much spin using EL-S and FX-P. It might be just a technique issue.

Reactions: latej
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hi JJ,

You got it right, it is a technical thing to make spin, regardless of rubber, but the kind of impact both Sergey and I have can do very well for "old" ESN rubbers.

It is a matter of being loose throughout the entire chain and explosion sequences... relaxing arm and wrist... and having soft hand at impact for the heavy and slow spin... and a firming for the faster ones with a different swing plane.

There is a feel and art on how to get the ball into the topsheet and sponge... and max out acceleration at the right moment. It is all the difference. Many focus on overly solid impact, we focus on wrapping the ball with topspheet.
Even with an older sheet that is now less spin reactive, if you can get the ball penetration into the topsheet and time the acceleration right, you get massive spin.

I have the same preferences with MX-P, when I used it 1.5 yrs on FH, I could get 300 hours out of it and still loved it after tuning effect faded... it played more consistent then.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
It is an inside joke Sergey always makes about K1 not being able to generate any spin... many players, pretty much all the local players besides me struggle to get 1/2 the spin Sergey or I make with these older esn rubbers... they complain it cannot make spin easy and you got work so hard for 1/2 spin... so Sergey started to joke about this.

When we see each other at Church or TT hall, we say to each other how K1 is practically anti rubber just as a form of greeting.

You can see the kind of humor Sergey has.