Does rakza 7-generation is outdated ?

Are there good control chinese rubber? tacky or semi tacky
Control is relative to how good You are. You will get more control with a slow rubber. Most Chinese rubbers are slower than most ESN rubbers, so yes You can say that You will get more control with a Chinese rubber.
Of course You also have to take into consideration how spin sensitive they are are versus how good You are...

My two favorite picks of Chinese rubbers are:
- Hurricane 3 provincial OS (Little tack these days)
- Bloom Power 45 (More tacky than H3)

I have no way of knowing how controllable they will be for You.

Cheers
L-zr

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Hello,

I'm around 1500 USATT and I currently play with two rakza 7 in 2.0 on an OSP ultimate II (a 7 ply wood) and i'm wondering if the newer rubbers are really improved and worth it ? Especially that rakza 7 was before plastic ball if i'm not mistaken

I'm not looking for something faster but a good balanced rubber
- Easy to play overall but the most important for me is easier open-up on backspin with backhand and forehand
- Better control, stability, consistency
- Good receive (but i don't do a lot of flips)
- Better spin why not

I'm thinking about the following rubbers for example
- Stiga platinum M
- Stiga mantra pro M
- Andro C48
- Dignic 05
- A victas or Xiom but I don't know them

Thank a lot for your
Hello,

I'm around 1500 USATT and I currently play with two rakza 7 in 2.0 on an OSP ultimate II (a 7 ply wood) and i'm wondering if the newer rubbers are really improved and worth it ? Especially that rakza 7 was before plastic ball if i'm not mistaken

- Easy to play overall but the most important for me is easier open-up on backspin with backhand and forehand
- Better spin why not

I'm thinking about the following rubbers for example
- Stiga platinum M
- Stiga mantra pro M
- Andro C48
- Dignic 05
- A victas or Xiom but I don't know them

Thank a lot for your advices !
out-dated for pros.

Just about right for the rest of us...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Xiom rubbers available in Europe (or the ones I like and have tested) would only take up 2 or 3 lines!!!:)

i had something like this, but had everything on (at that time)

1705670773904.jpeg

Reactions: OrsonBear and IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
- Better spin why not

Rakza Z

Last edited:
Reactions: SamTheMan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Big thanks for all answer, nice to know that rakza 7 is still relevant ! My usual shop (tabletennis11) doesn't have anymore the rakza 7 in 2mm/black so i'm looking a little bit into other rubbers (mantra pro M, rasanter r48, DNA hybrid M) but i'll probably manage to be patient and wait for supply :)

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Rakza 7 is still spinny beast with lot of control, speed can come from the blade... Lest week i was beaten by spin and speed from rakza 7.....dam i have to really do my best to overloop back spin shorts. At the end i have to see opponents rubber to see what was it.

Reactions: NextLevel
Big thanks for all answer, nice to know that rakza 7 is still relevant ! My usual shop (tabletennis11) doesn't have anymore the rakza 7 in 2mm/black so i'm looking a little bit into other rubbers (mantra pro M, rasanter r48, DNA hybrid M) but i'll probably manage to be patient and wait for supply :)
I played for a while with Rakza Z (FH) and Rakza 7 soft (BH) on an Andro TP_Ligna CI. Both are really very good rubbers with the properties described above.
Still, we went back to our old compound. In my opinion, two underrated rubbers, namely: on my FH a Gewo Hype XT Pro (for grip > spin and control) 40.0 in 1.9 and on my BH an Andro Hexer Grip SFX (also for control but slightly harder than an R7soft) in 1.9.
I have tried all kinds of other (read Hybrids) but for my game and age, the Gewo & Andro are slightly superior to the Rakza's.
Might be worth considering for you.
Good luck!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Rakza Z has the best spin, but does it give you power as compared to the 7 or 9?
R9, R7 and RX are all faster than RZ.
Rakza Z will give you advantage in serve/receive/short game, it'll make it more aggressive and allow you to take the initiative. And that's where points are being won and lost at amateur level.
If you're advanced enough to attack most serves with flicks, chiquitas and topspins on both wings, then look elsewhere.

Reactions: Headbeancounter
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
R9, R7 and RX are all faster than RZ.
Rakza Z will give you advantage in serve/receive/short game, it'll make it more aggressive and allow you to take the initiative. And that's where points are being won and lost at amateur level.
If you're advanced enough to attack most serves with flicks, chiquitas and topspins on both wings, then look elsewhere.
So I can attack most serves, where should I then look? Any recommendations? Im kind of getting confused in this rubber jungle. Too many choices. I am looking at sheets less than 60$. Not shelling out on short lived high end rubbers.

• Haha
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
More non-sense. Who would buy the Rakza Z if the ball bounces up so high the opponent can just flat hit a line of sight shot? The shown trajectory for the Rakza 9 is the best. Low and doesn't bounce high. Also the path is shorter to the end of the table so the opponent would have less time to react.

• Haha
Reactions: NextLevel and H3R0
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
I have just rediscovered the wonderfulness of old European non-tacky but grippy and non-tensor rubber.

Very good control, enable ol'skool style of playing. Push & block on BH, kill shot on FH.

Just ordered a Butterfly Flextra ( very old gen soft sponge rubber without tension sponge ) and will be trying out on BH when it arrives.

My point, is, don't discount out these old rubber like Rakza 7.
p/s Some old gen rubber may be like some distinguished elderly European gentlemen of yesteryears... still looking fine. Aged like fine wine.

IMG_8310.jpeg

says former JPEN, now CPEN
says former JPEN, now CPEN
Aug 2019
currently using r7 on BH

i dont really like it bc it doesnt have enough power for me, my training partner does not feel pressured at all. it also bottomed out a lot of times on me, might not be a good fit for my hard stiff outerply blade.

but otherwise it should be a fine rubber if ur BH is more to control than power. i like r7 for its easy passive block, quite easy rubber to spin and flick with. if you flat hit and punch with ur BH it is good as well, but r9 is better for these kind of shots.

never used rX and i dont plan to try rZ any time soon bc i heard that its a heavy rubber