Does rakza 7-generation is outdated ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hello,

I'm around 1500 USATT and I currently play with two rakza 7 in 2.0 on an OSP ultimate II (a 7 ply wood) and i'm wondering if the newer rubbers are really improved and worth it ? Especially that rakza 7 was before plastic ball if i'm not mistaken

I'm not looking for something faster but a good balanced rubber
- Easy to play overall but the most important for me is easier open-up on backspin with backhand and forehand
- Better control, stability, consistency
- Good receive (but i don't do a lot of flips)
- Better spin why not

I'm thinking about the following rubbers for example
- Stiga platinum M
- Stiga mantra pro M
- Andro C48
- Dignic 05
- A victas or Xiom but I don't know them

Thank a lot for your advices !

The short answer is no. I find Rakza 7 as being the best “Do it all” rubber among all ESN rubbers.

Rakza X is a little harder and faster.

However I find Tibhar MK hybrid (not really a hybrid) being the best non Chinese rubber for my FH.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
The short answer is no. I find Rakza 7 as being the best “Do it all” rubber among all ESN rubbers.

Rakza X is a little harder and faster.

However I find Tibhar MK hybrid (not really a hybrid) being the best non Chinese rubber for my FH.

Cheers
L-zr
I agree. Rakza 7 is still the best all around rubber. And it lasts like forever!

Rakza X, I agree, is a bit faster and harder than Rakza 7. Maybe the projectory of the ball is a bit flatter.

If the OP is searching for more power, then get Rakza X.

Xiom Vega Pro is also the same generation. More affordable than Rakza 7 or Rakza X. I have always felt that Xiom Vega Pro is a tuned down version of Tenergy 05. It has that distinct Tenergy 05 clicking sound when you hit the ball but of course, not as loud ans not as fast as Tenergy 05. Xiom Vega Pro is priced very very well on TT11 and on Dandoy so if the OP wants more power, just get max sponge for Xiom Vega Pro!

Reactions: Choosikick and IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I'm around 2100-2200 but I still prefer all around rubber on my BH - Rakza 7 is perfect. Even now I am using a slower rubber than R7 but still doing fine.

Some alternatives if you want to taste other brands' products:
- Stiga mantra pro M
- Xiom sigma 2 euro
- Glayzer09c

interesting choice
for Xiom, Vega Pro will be more on par, and maybe Japan or Korea for some newer variation
Sigma, I actually liked a lot, but it doesn't seem to be too popular

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I'm around 2100-2200 but I still prefer all around rubber on my BH - Rakza 7 is perfect. Even now I am using a slower rubber than R7 but still doing fine.

- Stiga mantra pro M
- Xiom sigma 2 euro
- Glayzer09c
YES.

I also play with and recommend control oriented offensive rubbers... which by modern standards (say compared to latest gen esn or diginiskis) are called allround rubbers.

The rubber I use, Tibhar Aurus has been around forever and does everything well, but not world beater in a single area except you have the confidence to land it under pressure - that counts for a lot.

Rakza 7 is in the category of control oriented offensive rubber, so sure it would work for many players...

... but the call of the sexy siren BTY and latest gen ESn calls and hordes of TT players cought up more and more money and generally do not go places except they can brag all about it on the internet table tennis forums...

Oh, is that Joo Sae Hyuk over there? Gotta go.

- Stiga mantra pro M
- Xiom sigma 2 euro
- Glayzer09c
Naaa, not G09C on BH, way too hard and slow for this, but perfect on FH…

Cheers
L-.zr

Reactions: Choosikick
says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
YES.

I also play with and recommend control oriented offensive rubbers... which by modern standards (say compared to latest gen esn or diginiskis) are called allround rubbers.

The rubber I use, Tibhar Aurus has been around forever and does everything well, but not world beater in a single area except you have the confidence to land it under pressure - that counts for a lot.

Rakza 7 is in the category of control oriented offensive rubber, so sure it would work for many players...

... but the call of the sexy siren BTY and latest gen ESn calls and hordes of TT players cought up more and more money and generally do not go places except they can brag all about it on the internet table tennis forums...

Oh, is that Joo Sae Hyuk over there? Gotta go.
table tennis is slowingly turning into a power sport where whoever hits harder wins - I saw this one on Lazada and hope it won't become true :eek:

415446048_6997980490316079_6701692605756894041_n.png

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
table tennis is slowingly turning into a power sport where whoever hits harder wins - I saw this one on Lazada and hope it won't become true :eek:

415446048_6997980490316079_6701692605756894041_n.png
Hi @longle ,

At the top elite amateur levels and the pro levels, the ABS ball construction and larger size have made it to where at those levels, you need to blast and counter blast progressively closer and closer to table.

This ball makes it incredibly easier to make spin vs underspin... especially on BH flips of serves... but it makes it EVEN EASIER to counter topspin a topspin at the table or away...

So even at lower amateur levels, you see players successfully being aggressive on serves so well that before this ball, only players 4-6 levels higher could consistently do that... which means even lower and mid level amateurs serve, flip, counter strong, block or counter strong and see where life goes.

So one could also make an argument that at lower levels the game is played more aggressive attacking everywhere.

You could also make the case that VARIATION still gets you a LOT of points at amateur levels... so it is not totally needed to attack everything willy-nilly Rambo or bust style.

Still, with BTY's slick marketing and 10,000+ rabid fanboyz, and 100x more H3 tuner fanboyz, what you are saying is REAL.

• Love
Reactions: longle
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Table tennis is slowingly turning into a power sport where whoever hits harder wins...

I use what is by modern stanadrs somewhat slow equipment.... and still play hard and fast and spinny AF with that stuff with a total price less than a single sheet of diginiski.

OFF- Wood blade

OLD-AZZ ESN rubber, prolly 5 gens old in both mid firm and soft sponge WITHOUT tuning.

You can ask J-Slick or any TD member who has seen my live the last few months... they will tell you I can absolutely crush it on either wing when I go for it if I am in position with leverage.

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hi @longle ,

At the top elite amateur levels and the pro levels, the ABS ball construction and larger size have made it to where at those levels, you need to blast and counter blast progressively closer and closer to table.

This ball makes it incredibly easier to make spin vs underspin... especially on BH flips of serves... but it makes it EVEN EASIER to counter topspin a topspin at the table or away...

So even at lower amateur levels, you see players successfully being aggressive on serves so well that before this ball, only players 4-6 levels higher could consistently do that... which means even lower and mid level amateurs serve, flip, counter strong, block or counter strong and see where life goes.

So one could also make an argument that at lower levels the game is played more aggressive attacking everywhere.

You could also make the case that VARIATION still gets you a LOT of points at amateur levels... so it is not totally needed to attack everything willy-nilly Rambo or bust style.

Still, with BTY's slick marketing and 10,000+ rabid fanboyz, and 100x more H3 tuner fanboyz, what you are saying is REAL.
you have a very understanding of the game. Indeed nowaday amateurs can do all kinds of high level techniques which was very rare to see 10 years ago. And people are crazy about Butterfly products (their marketing is superb indeed) you can see Viscaria/ZJK/FZD + Dignics09c/05 everywhere in my country, alot among even the beginners :p