Does Xiom still produce the Ice Cream AZXi blade?

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
Recently I have come across this series of blades and I am really interested in trying out the Xiom Ice Cream AZXi sometimes. I saw the AZXi is currently unavailable and would like to know if it is only temporary or is discontinued. I also saw the same blade with a "Pro" in its name. I am wondering if this version is in production. I am only keen with the AZXi verson, not really about the AZX.
If you also have experience with this particular blade, I am more than interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

says EJ-Victim
says EJ-Victim
Sep 2023
Recently I have come across this series of blades and I am really interested in trying out the Xiom Ice Cream AZXi sometimes. I saw the AZXi is currently unavailable and would like to know if it is only temporary or is discontinued. I also saw the same blade with a "Pro" in its name. I am wondering if this version is in production. I am only keen with the AZXi verson, not really about the AZX.
If you also have experience with this particular blade, I am more than interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!
are you looking for this:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews

Thanks!
The Pro version is mostly available in Asia, but not many shops has them. It has a larger head size 160x152mm and larger handle size. There should be a review of the AZXi in the review section. Try to see if you are able to find them.

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
On phase out as far as I know
I am sad to hear this. However this must be true, most of the the online shops I have seen this at has it out of stock. I have seen 2 shops having a small stock.
are you looking for this:
Exactly. I do not know if this shop has it in stock.
The Pro version is mostly available in Asia, but not many shops has them. It has a larger head size 160x152mm and larger handle size. There should be a review of the AZXi in the review section. Try to see if you are able to find them.
If the Pro version is the only available, then I am scratching the idea. I am not going to give $300 for a blade. I have checked every AXZi review I could found. I have read 2 in this form, seen the TTD video and another review.

That is too bad the blade was out for nearly 4 years and it is discontinued. Has anybody any idea why?

says Looking for the BH killer shot
says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
First of all, I believe that the concept of having 2 different carbon sides, does not resonate with every one. Most have "adjusted" the differences between FH and BH through their rubbers and therefore don't require this handled by the blade anymore.

Second, as the "i" in the name tells us, it is an inner carbon, making the differences of the carbon (ALC, ZLC) even smaller than they are anyway. So I think it is discontinued since there is not really a market for this. I only own a regular AZX, but it was to fast for me.

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
First of all, I believe that the concept of having 2 different carbon sides, does not resonate with every one. Most have "adjusted" the differences between FH and BH through their rubbers and therefore don't require this handled by the blade anymore.

Second, as the "i" in the name tells us, it is an inner carbon, making the differences of the carbon (ALC, ZLC) even smaller than they are anyway. So I think it is discontinued since there is not really a market for this. I only own a regular AZX, but it was to fast for me.
I see what you are saying and I have to agree. Though it is an interesting and possibly working concept, this could be a reason why this is not as popular as other ALC blades for instance.
I am about to scratch this idea. May be this is something I do not actually need. I am now developing a promising backhand after quite a few months of having no backhand at all with my 5-ply allwood blade.