Donic alternative to Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive

This user has no status.
Hi!

I'm currently using a Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive FL with Rakza 7 Soft Max on both sides. I love the feel of this setup but the handle of the blade is too small for my large hands. I have two Donic blades, Applegren Allround and Waldner Senso Carbon which have handles that feel good in the hand but the Applegren is too slow and the Waldner feels very head heavy, maybe because of the senso handle? Was wondering if anyone could recommend another (non senso) Donic blade with similar characteristics to the Ma Lin EO.

Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Hi!

I'm currently using a Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive FL with Rakza 7 Soft Max on both sides. I love the feel of this setup but the handle of the blade is too small for my large hands. I have two Donic blades, Applegren Allround and Waldner Senso Carbon which have handles that feel good in the hand but the Applegren is too slow and the Waldner feels very head heavy, maybe because of the senso handle? Was wondering if anyone could recommend another (non senso) Donic blade with similar characteristics to the Ma Lin EO.

Thanks!
I have Waldner Senso Carbon. It is fast but not too fast. But I feel that it does not let me feel the ball that well. It is kind of stiff.

I recently put H3 neo on the forehand and EL-S and MX-S on the backhand side of the two Donic Persson Powerplay blades I own. Persson Powerplay is a 7-ply wodd. It is a bit stiff compared to 5-ply wood but yet faster and still give me the control and the touch I like. I am surprisingly enjoying this blade.

Reactions: HorseFace
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Was wondering if anyone could recommend another (non senso) Donic blade with similar characteristics to the Ma Lin EO.

Thanks!

Not that I know of...
The Yinhe Pro 5w is a YEO clone, so is the Stiga Intensity or the Pongori TTW 900 OFF-
https://www.decathlon.se/p/306200-155991_bordtennisstomme-ttw-900-off-.html (I'm tempted to try that myself to see how similar/different it is to my YEOs ;))
Grip tape could work but before buying a Stiga Intensity I would simply ask SDC https://www.sdcttblades.com/ to build a YEO with Donic handles.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
The thickest flared handle I have is on the Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition (7 ply limba top) but it is very fast (1378Hz, 89.23g, 6.6mm, handle center 24.6mm thick). So maybe the Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro (without Black Edition) is a little thinner and slower.
However if you like walnut top 5-ply with spruce 2nd, the Yinhe Pro 5W is a good choice (1356 Hz, 85g), but the handle is a little thinner. My Yasaka Ma Lin Offensive is 5.9mm, 87.3g, 1399 Hz, and the handle is 23.2mm thick.
So if possible test the Samsonov Force Pro.

Alternatively, I am using the Tannius Tennis Racket Grip Tape, 6 Pack Tacky Tennis Grips, Absorbent and Enhanced Tennis Racquet Overgrip from Amazon.com ($9.60 for a 6-pack which fits 12 table tennis rackets). Cut the tape in half, then cut the wedge in the 2nd half like the one in the first half, then apply the grip tape to the racket and at the bottom fasten it with (e.g. Xiom) edge tape. This works very well for me and increases the handle thickness by maybe 1-2 mm.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Hi!

I'm currently using a Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive FL with Rakza 7 Soft Max on both sides. I love the feel of this setup but the handle of the blade is too small for my large hands.
Sacrilege! I have a YEO c-pen with Rakza 7 soft max on the FH and a BH rubber I put together. The FH loops extremely well. I have posted a video of my c-pen play many times. These are real loops. Not just top spin drives.

You have not said why the handle seems small. Handles that are too small in diameter can be made thicker by adding a rubber cover. Paddle Palace sells these. It is basically a rubber tube that is 100 mm long that must be stretched over the paddle. It improves the grip too. If the handle is too short then there is nothing you can do.
I like my YEO c-pen. I am not normally a c-pen player but I have been told I play very well with it. I know the YEO with Rakza 7 soft max is a looping blade.

This user has no status.
Sacrilege! I have a YEO c-pen with Rakza 7 soft max on the FH and a BH rubber I put together. The FH loops extremely well. I have posted a video of my c-pen play many times. These are real loops. Not just top spin drives.

You have not said why the handle seems small. Handles that are too small in diameter can be made thicker by adding a rubber cover. Paddle Palace sells these. It is basically a rubber tube that is 100 mm long that must be stretched over the paddle. It improves the grip too. If the handle is too short then there is nothing you can do.
I like my YEO c-pen. I am not normally a c-pen player but I have been told I play very well with it. I know the YEO with Rakza 7 soft max is a looping blade.
It's both too skinny and too short. I've added overgrip which makes it playable but I sense i loose a lot of the feel. I will probably order a custom blade from scd.