Donic Ovtcharov True Carbon Handle Dimensions

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Straight Handle: I've got a DOTC straight handle that measures ~28 x ~22 mm, about the same as the one reviewed by Patrick Hrdlicka (~27.8 mm x ~21.9 mm). But other measurements I've seen mentioned online are larger (up to ~30 x 23.5). Has anyone noticed significant variation in handle size for this blade?

Flare Handle: Has anyone measured the dimensions of the DOTC flare handle? How does it compare to the Viscaria flare? For reference, Butterfly says the Viscaria handle is 25 mm thick. Has anyone measured how wide it is at the the base of the flare?

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Straight Handle: I've got a DOTC straight handle that measures ~28 x ~22 mm, about the same as the one reviewed by Patrick Hrdlicka (~27.8 mm x ~21.9 mm). But other measurements I've seen mentioned online are larger (up to ~30 x 23.5). Has anyone noticed significant variation in handle size for this blade?

Flare Handle: Has anyone measured the dimensions of the DOTC flare handle? How does it compare to the Viscaria flare? For reference, Butterfly says the Viscaria handle is 25 mm thick. Has anyone measured how wide it is at the the base of the flare?

Yes. I have two ST ones, and one is definitely heavier and the weight is in the handle which feels bigger, but I haven't measured.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Yes. I have two ST ones, and one is definitely heavier and the weight is in the handle which feels bigger, but I haven't measured.

Thanks for the reply. No way to avoid weight variation with wooden blades, but significant size variation is surprising given the parts are probably all machine tooled.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Thanks for the reply. No way to avoid weight variation with wooden blades, but significant size variation is surprising given the parts are probably all machine tooled.

True, and yet I have seen this with nearly every blade that I have owned in multiple copies. Viscaria weights these days range from about 83 grams to 92 grams.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl