Don't blame the rubber if you don't get enough spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
So what was wrong with the equation? The ball grips almost instantly so there is no slippage.
You can even answer a simple question about how fast a ball in rotating if it rolls off a nearly horizontal rubber at 1 m/s.
Will an old 40mm celled ball rotate faster than a new 40+ ball with the same tilt angle?
Nexttlevel still can't explain how tension can be increased 300%
Zero can't explain how women can power drive a ball at such high RPS.

The above video is good but I didn't see where a spin of 170 reps was achieved. Notice that when Xu Xin hit the ball when it was low he only hit the ball at half speed. If he hit it any faster the ball would go off the table.
When the ball is low it is better to try to get more spin than speed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
So what was wrong with the equation? The ball grips almost instantly so there is no slippage.
You can even answer a simple question about how fast a ball in rotating if it rolls off a nearly horizontal rubber at 1 m/s.
Will an old 40mm celled ball rotate faster than a new 40+ ball with the same tilt angle?
Nexttlevel still can't explain how tension can be increased 300%
Zero can't explain how women can power drive a ball at such high RPS.

The above video is good but I didn't see where a spin of 170 reps was achieved. Notice that when Xu Xin hit the ball when it was low he only hit the ball at half speed. If he hit it any faster the ball would go off the table.
When the ball is low it is better to try to get more spin than speed.
Did he hit the ball at half speed or did he brush the ball more resulting in less forward speed and more rotation? Is it about the speed of his swing, or the quality of the contact?

BTW, you still haven't explained why you can't get good spin with a Tenergy mounted on a Firewall. Low level table tennis skills? Tell us something we didn't know already.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Did he hit the ball at half speed or did he brush the ball more resulting in less forward speed and more rotation? Is it about the speed of his swing, or the quality of the contact?
Both, obviously. For the same paddle speed to trade off spin for speed or speed for spin. Hitting through the ball provides more speed. Hitting the ball more tangentially reduces the speed but gets more spoin

BTW, you still haven't explained why you can't get good spin with a Tenergy mounted on a Firewall.
Who said i can't. I made that video over 10 years ago. I thought i have made it clear it was a challenge to just hit the ball with the blinding light in my eyes.

Low level table tennis skills? Tell us something we didn't know already.
You were the one that complained years ago that you couldn't loop back spin with T25. I showed how it was done. I used my Newgy 2050 to generate back spin at full speed. You just choose to forget. It is possible to "loop" back the spinniest back spin balls. One must only match the angular velocity of the surface of the ball with the tangential paddle speed. Even with a hard bat or T25 or T05. If you match the ball angular velocity, the ball will go back with the same amount and direction of spin but now it is top spin and it will drop do to the Magnus effect like a loop will.
I have posted a couple videos. The one where I am playing c-pen shows many good loops where I contact the ball below net height. The other video shows me countering drives with the Firewall Plus but I didn't have T25 on it. I can loop with the Firewall Plus. It simply takes a more brushing stroke.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
The above video is good but I didn't see where a spin of 170 reps was achieved.
Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 10.58.46 PM.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Look at the green. It says 176.65. R.S We are assuming R/S means revolution per second. Notice that to get more spin, Xu Xin gives up speed.
I used google translate to translate revolutions per second and this is what google translate returned
每秒转数
none of the characters match so maybe
revolution = 革命
rotations = 旋转
Sometimes the Chinese have a non-literal way of expressing things.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Both, obviously. For the same paddle speed to trade off spin for speed or speed for spin. Hitting through the ball provides more speed. Hitting the ball more tangentially reduces the speed but gets more spoin

Who said i can't. I made that video over 10 years ago. I thought i have made it clear it was a challenge to just hit the ball with the blinding light in my eyes.

You were the one that complained years ago that you couldn't loop back spin with T25. I showed how it was done. I used my Newgy 2050 to generate back spin at full speed. You just choose to forget. It is possible to "loop" back the spinniest back spin balls. One must only match the angular velocity of the surface of the ball with the tangential paddle speed. Even with a hard bat or T25 or T05. If you match the ball angular velocity, the ball will go back with the same amount and direction of spin but now it is top spin and it will drop do to the Magnus effect like a loop will.
I have posted a couple videos. The one where I am playing c-pen shows many good loops where I contact the ball below net height. The other video shows me countering drives with the Firewall Plus but I didn't have T25 on it. I can loop with the Firewall Plus. It simply takes a more brushing stroke.
I was probably around USATT 1400 at the time I made the complaint (which if I remember correctly, was called into question immediately by vvk1) - I started training TT in 2011, so my playing level wasn't stable at the time I was making initial comments - I broke 2000 around 2015, my playing level stabilized sometime in 2017 after I blew out my knees while winning the PA over 40 title., The video you sent was hardly a loop, but if you can share the video, you can let others judge whether your stroke is a loop or not. In fact, it was people like you who helped me realize how much commentary from people who didn't share video was really from players who played at a lower level than I did. I used to give you more credit until I saw your play and realized what was really going on.

BTW, I was guilty of similar misunderstandings around the same playing level, I used to hit backspin a lot, even vs long pips, and thought I was looping backspin, and I got really good at hitting backspin, but I learned to loop backspin with heavy spin much later while generating my own spin. Looping is a very physical action. requiring fast arm action often combined with fast hip actions, it's not something someone in your physical shape can do. You should be proud of what you do for sure, but avoid confusing it with what is considered a loop by good players. When you truly loop backspin, it is a very different ball effect you get back vs when you hit it. In fact, when you loop backspin, you can radically increase the amount of spin on the ball vs just changing the direction of the ball.

IT's easy to talk about TT math but you can't really understand what it takes to play at a higher level until you actually do it and you have seen enough TT to get a broader understanding of the sport. Sometimes coaching can get you there if you produce higher level players or have helped them strategically. But you seem caught in your own bubble which is fine, but should not be confused with being able to play real table tennis.

Reactions: matzreenzi and vvk1
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Look at the green. It says 176.65. R.S We are assuming R/S means revolution per second. Notice that to get more spin, Xu Xin gives up speed.
I used google translate to translate revolutions per second and this is what google translate returned
每秒转数
revolution = 革命
rotations = 旋转
"The Chinese way of expressing things" has nothing to do with this.

Just use the Google Translate app to translate the text from screenshot into English instead of trying to translate what you expect to be there in English to Chinese.

Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Pickle ball paddles don't have rubbers. TT paddles do. TT rubbers grip almost instantly on contact. Why do you think I was asking about how a ball rolls off a nearly horizontal rubber. It is force that applies the torque to the ball that makes it rotate. Some how you couldn't figure that out.
So if the ball starts rolling at 1 m/s, how fast is the ball rotating? It is that simple and you haven't figured it out yet.
Jesus fruck, I am kinda drunk now from our team and personal success but I can manage that it should be ~8 rotations per second, And excuse me for not giving a flying fruck for decimals.

每秒转数
revolution = 革命
rotations = 旋转
Sure, you have a point. I have a Chinese girlfriend, I know what you are talking about.
But the sign means rotation speed. So you can take it as 170+ RPS.
On the Butterfly Youtube Channel, there are videos of Japanese players power-driving balls at around 80KM/H+ and 130-150RPS.
These players are not particularly huge framed, in fact, small framed as most Japanese. The actual size of the player matters a lot too. I am sure you understand what size means.

I agree I don't see how the report that Zeio has linked measures 140+40 rotations from a female player from a power dirve. But that number has a tolerance so let's not skip over that. Sure the max possible spin number sounds too much. Also if Chinese are allowed to have a non-literal way of saying techniques so should the Japanese. So I will take the power drive statement with a lot of skepticism. But an actual proper look with a proper paddle at 180 rps sounds very plausible.

Also, cars don't measure the actual wheel spin. Cars are pretty dumb, even the newer ones. So they take the drive shaft spin (or some greabox shaft spin) and multiply it with some tyre circumference to measure the actual speed. However, if you put on some nonstandard rims and tyres the speedometer will be off. Nevertheless, the example is good and easy to imagine. So for the love of baby Jesus don't get offended for my remark.