Don't blame the rubber if you don't get enough spin.

This user has no status.
You are a liar. I never said the surface doesn't matter.

I might be able to set that up. I have a high speed camera but first you need to tell me what is wrong with the formula and how fast must I swing a paddle to achieve 40 rps. I might have some old videos that will meet your requirement.
I have an old video where I am hitting the ball at the 45 degree or 1:30 mark with a pretty good swing. I wasn't trying to get maximum spin. You figure it out. The video is recorded at 2000 fps. The lighting is grainy because the shutter speed is very short. Each frame lasts only 500 microseconds. I could get more light if if had the shutter open the whole time but then the ball would look like a blur. I had the shutter open only 200 microseconds so each frame would be distinct. What you need to do is load the video file with VLC and look at the motion frame by frame to calculate the speed of the paddle and the ball and the rotation of the ball. The big issue is lighting. I was standing in front of 1500 W of halogen lamps. It was hot and the lamps were so bright that it was hard to see the ball.

I have a much better color high speed camera now

It isn't a model. It is just an equation. Are you that dense? What is wrong with the equation. Don't say it isn't perfect. No model is perfect but they can be closed enough where the difference doesn't matter.

You still haven't answer my question about if the ball rolls off a almost horizontal paddle. If you can't answer that, it is no wonder you and the rest of the forum is confused.
I'll be waiting with your experiments. :) Also because you proposed the theory, you should be the one doing the calculations to prove it. Remember it has to be dead rubber or wood on blade and you have to achieve 80rps. I'm sure it's trivial for you to do it.

Maybe when you go through the exercise you'll find out how far your equations are from reality.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
If brokenball is serious about it, he should film himself generating 80rps on a 40+mm ball with a piece of wood (since surface doesn't matter)
You are a liar. I never said the surface doesn't matter.

with a high speed camera. You can calculate the outgoing spin fairly straightforward from the camera frames.
If he can do it I'll eat my words :)
I might be able to set that up. I have a high speed camera but first you need to tell me what is wrong with the formula and how fast must I swing a paddle to achieve 40 rps. I might have some old videos that will meet your requirement.
I have an old video where I am hitting the ball at the 45 degree or 1:30 mark with a pretty good swing. I wasn't trying to get maximum spin. You figure it out. The video is recorded at 2000 fps. The lighting is grainy because the shutter speed is very short. Each frame lasts only 500 microseconds. I could get more light if if had the shutter open the whole time but then the ball would look like a blur. I had the shutter open only 200 microseconds so each frame would be distinct. What you need to do is load the video file with VLC and look at the motion frame by frame to calculate the speed of the paddle and the ball and the rotation of the ball. The big issue is lighting. I was standing in front of 1500 W of halogen lamps. It was hot and the lamps were so bright that it was hard to see the ball.

I have a much better color high speed camera now

Otherwise this untested simplified model is plain wrong (being unable to simulate reality)
It isn't a model. It is just an equation. Are you that dense? What is wrong with the equation. Don't say it isn't perfect. No model is perfect but they can be closed enough where the difference doesn't matter.

You still haven't answer my question about if the ball rolls off a almost horizontal paddle. If you can't answer that, it is no wonder you and the rest of the forum is confused.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
It is the teacher who is at fault when all of the students can not understand what he/she teaches.
A good teacher has acquired skills to teach the students, it is always assumed he/she knows more than the students.
If the teacher never manages, it is all just a wank and he/she gets fired or resigns.

Signed
the principal
After 10+ yeas you guys still are saying the same myths and lies.
Some people have brains of impermeable rock.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I posted a video. How fast is the ball spinning after impact? How fast is the paddle moving?
Blahness, it is time to start eating your words.

I am still waiting to hear how TT balls roll or slide off of an almost horizontal rubber.
I am still waiting for Nextlevel to explain 300% more tension in the bogus Butterfly video.
I am still waiting for Zeio to explain how those girls got more spin on a power drive that a top Chinese male player. Where did the extra 40 rps come from?
No one has explained what is wrong with the formula I posted and then posted a link to a while back.
You guys are pathetic.

• Haha
Reactions: blahness
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I posted a video. How fast is the ball spinning after impact? How fast is the paddle moving?
Blahness, it is time to start eating your words.

I am still waiting to hear how TT balls roll or slide off of an almost horizontal rubber.
I am still waiting for Nextlevel to explain 300% more tension in the bogus Butterfly video.
I am still waiting for Zeio to explain how those girls got more spin on a power drive that a top Chinese male player. Where did the extra 40 rps come from?
No one has explained what is wrong with the formula I posted and then posted a link to a while back.
You guys are pathetic.
And now you have found us all pathetic, idiots, stupid and inferior to you, are you now
giving up and move on or will you simply keep on pulling yourself ? 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
And now you have found as all pathetic, idiots, stupid and inferior to you, are you now
giving up and move on or will you simply keep on pulling yourself ? 😂
I am not seeing anybody disputing my claims.

Not everyone but those that have posted on this topic.
I bet Palguay can calculate the speed and spin of the ball since he had to do that for his videos.
Now he knows that few really understand what he is doing.
I have a much better camera now that records in color and I have LED lighting instead of halogen lights that aren't nearly as hot.

So why are these know nothings criticizing formulas they don't understand? The "students" don't want to learn. They make no effort to learn.
Why are they posting videos that are false?
Why are they posting dubious documents with claims that don't make sense?
I posted a video showing me hitting a ball. How fast is the paddle and ball moving? How fast is the ball spinning blahness, anybody?

No answer? Crickets.

So if these know nothings want to challenge a simple formula or say I am wrong they better have proof. I will make them look stupid and I will remind them this. Years ago Zeio posted an article where someone used reduce mass for analyzing a TT impact. Reduced mass is something that deals with the effect mass of two bodies that are attracted to each. It doesn't apply to TT. Everyone goes ga ga even though they don't undersand

BTW, I save topics like this in a webarchive. This way USDC can't destroy the evidence like he has in the past.

• Haha
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF MATERIALS IS THE CLUE OF SUCCESS.

Long pips inward is a strong remedy. Eg. , 729 Dragon PRO Type L. Flexible pips inward will produce a better spin, it is a common knowledge with the rubber designers. This is what very few civilians can understand. Table tennis is all about science of materials. Those educated of playing materials will suceed only well, and the blockhead will stay frustrated.

Be happy.

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
The scientifically educated players will suceed only well, and the blockhead will stay frustrated.
Now don't you bloody start Igor 😂
It is impossible to put a figure on it but I am guessing that maybe 75% of the TT- players in the world manage to have a good time playing Table tennis and have fun.
They might know a little bit of the science involved but manage perfectly well knowing
sweet -F-all.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Don't you get it ??????
We can't be bloody bothered, you need another audience, we prefer just playing a bit of table tennis and have fun. ;)
So you post was #140. That is a lot of posts for not caring. So people did bother to write about 100 of those posts. WHY?
This topic consist of insults, misquotes/lies, bad videos, bad pdfs, claims without proof etc.
Does the forum feel proud?
One person did ask some decent questions.
I posted a link to the equation I used. I bet no one bothered to check it out.
I posted a high speed video recorded at 2000 FPS. I could claim anything and no one knows how to do the calculations to prove me wrong.
I don't see blahness eating his words. Instead he is trying to impress people with his ignorance on another forum by saying dwell time provides more spin.
The people on mytt accept it as truth.
It is an angular impulse that creates spin.
Look up angular impulse or die ignorant.
You have already made you choice clear.

This user has no status.
For the LOLs I did some quick napkin calc. In the video brokenball's ball appears to rotate from 1 o clock to 7 o clock or half a revolution in 1.5 sec or about 36 frames. That's 1 rev in 72 frames. At 2000 fps, that would be 2000/72 = 28 rps. And he appears to have done that using modern inverted rubber. Imagine him trying to do 80 rps with dead rubber :D

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
For the LOLs I did some quick napkin calc. In the video brokenball's ball appears to rotate from 1 o clock to 7 o clock or half a revolution in 1.5 sec or about 36 frames. That's 1 rev in 72 frames, say 50 frames. At 2000 fps, that would be 2000/72 = 28 rps. And he appears to have done that using modern inverted rubber. Imagine him trying to do 80 rps with dead rubber :D
maybe BB could reach those rps figures with the bare blade , why bother with
rubbers ? 😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
It is not a matter of caring, it is more like watching a comic soap opera on TV one kinda gets hooked and it is fun to watch 😁
I see, but it seem that people have cared enough to keep posting. However, I don't see the comic soap opera aspect. I think it is sad that people don't understand basic things.

Anyway, pop some popcorn and have a beer and enjoy the show. I do the same thing on some engineering/control forums. For more entertainment. This is what engineering students and automation people do with TT balls.
Look up ball and beam if you want to see what geeks do with TT balls.
Enjoy the popcorn and beer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Angular impulse is the product of torque and dwell time. Where's the beef?
Yes, good! Did you already know that or did you look it up.
The missing part in blahness' post is torque.
And the angular impulse causes a change in what?
It is possible to calculate the angular impulse applied to the ball in the video. How do you do that?
So if you can calculate the angular impulse applied to the ball we can set that equal to torque * dwell time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
For the LOLs I did some quick napkin calc. In the video brokenball's ball appears to rotate from 1 o clock to 7 o clock or half a revolution in 1.5 sec or about 36 frames. That's 1 rev in 72 frames. At 2000 fps, that would be 2000/72 = 28 rps. And he appears to have done that using modern inverted rubber. Imagine him trying to do 80 rps with dead rubber :D
Good, you can do some math. That video was taken over 10 years ago. I was only trying to make a slow mo video. I wasn't trying for maximum spin. It was hard to see the ball with 1500 W of halogen lights in my eyes. So how fast was I moving the paddle to generate 28 rps? The ball was 40 mm in diameter. So how many frames did it take for the paddle to move one TT ball diameter? You will see I wasn't swinging that fast.
BTW, I was using a Firewall+ with T25. It isn't optimal for looping.

I have posted other videos that show me looping while playing c-pen. You can see me hit the ball from between table and net height so there had to be an arc to land the ball. The blade and rubbers total cost is less than $100. I don't usually play c-pen.

So what does this have to do with the topic? Are you having problems getting enough spin? I don't have that problem. My TBS with Rakza 7 2mm is all I need.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
Title thread: “Don't blame the rubber if you don't get enough spin. It's your fault.”

Your reply of your own video clip, when answering why you don’t get enough spin:
BTW, I was using a Firewall+ with T25. It isn't optimal for looping.
????????

I don’t get it.

Should everybody else on the forum blame their technique and not their rubbers.

But you can blame your lack of spin on the equipment and don’t need to blame your lack of technique.

Whose fault is it that you couldn’t spin the ball? You or your equipment???

But I agree with you. If you can’t spin the ball with a Tenergy rubber. Don’t blame the rubber. It’s your own fault.