Don't Stop To Follow Your Dream

This user has no status.
Hey guys.

This is my first thread in here, so i hope you guys will be positive about it.

I think we all know that feeling when we don't really wanna play the game anymore because we're struggling with our forehand loop. Or maybe our service is a bit too high, or doesnt have the right spin. Atleast i do. And i have been close to giving up a couple of times, because i just couldnt hit that damn ball correct. But the truth is that practice makes perfect. Nobody can make a killer-loop with their forehand the first couple of times they try. We all have to practice. What i sometimes do when nothing is really working for me, is that i think about how Ma long, Zhang Jike, Timo Boll and all the others were when they were younger and not quite as good as they are now. Because even the best of the professionals have been a beginner at some point. And even the best of the professionals have had troubles hitting the ball correctly. Sometimes it can cheer me up a bit to think about that, or maybe think of the reward i will get from it later.

And to be honest you never know how close you are to getting it right. You could be 3 strokes away from hitting the ball perfectly. A picture which i think demonstrates that really nice is this.
424844_288113771241751_186592251393904_756987_1193902904_n.jpg

I think this drawing is really nice, and so true.

Another thing i can do if i feel down about my play is listen to some really nice music, or watch some good videos on youtube. The music/videos can help on your morale and can give you a really nice boost. A video which i think is really inspiring is this one.

And even though this video has nothing to do about table tennis, i still like listening to it before an important match or if i feel down. I can be down 0-3 in sets and then think about this, and win the game. That video is (atleast for me) a real nice morale booster.

Don't stop following your dream!

Who knows, maybe you're the next Ma Long or Timo Boll.

I apologise for my bad english. I hope you guys like this, and im sorry if a thread like this already have been started.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Wow, what an awesome first thread buddy! Love this!

You remind yourself of me. I had thousands of bad days, especially when I was young, however I would always remain positive and give my best and recover from losses quickly. There was the odd occasion where I would be so low from a bad day or loss that I would want to quit. However, the next day I was back in that training hall! :)

What your saying about training and practice is so true. Training and practice is everything. Mastering a skill is essential in any given domain to succeed. I use to listen to the I am a champion song all the time when I was playing matches in France. Love it! I use to always listen to this song when I was playing to:

Some quotes :)

"If you never lose then you can never appreciate the victories."
---Laura Twitchell

"Sooner or later, those who win are those who think they can."
---Richard Bach

"The glory of sport is born at the moment when the game and the person become one, when all the complexity of one's life finds a moment to emerge in the game."
---Timothy Shriver

This user has no status.
Thank you so much Dan!

Yeah i have only played for a couple of month but i have still gotten a lot of ups and downs. For example i lost 8 out of my first 10 matches. I then took back to the training hall and practiced, what i did wrong in the matches. That resulted in me wining my next 5 matches! So practice is really important.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thank you so much Dan!

Yeah i have only played for a couple of month but i have still gotten a lot of ups and downs. For example i lost 8 out of my first 10 matches. I then took back to the training hall and practiced, what i did wrong in the matches. That resulted in me wining my next 5 matches! So practice is really important.

Sure, if you have only played for a couple of months, you can really improve loads now just from a few simple changes.

Practice a lot of the basics.. Get your pushing and topspins consistent. Don't practice for to much power, practice with good concentration on keeping the ball on the table with spin and consistency. Its great to see your self analysing and improving on previous mistakes! :). You cannot go wrong :)

Good luck!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I like the picture, it is just so true xD Good visualization of why you shouldn't give up. Something else is that you shouldn't work towards the end all the time, especially not if you don't exactly know when the end is there. That is what gives you a demotivated feeling. Just like when you are 3-0 down, you don't think about winning 4-3, but more about getting a quick lead in the 4th set, and if that works winning the 4th set, and so on. All step by step is the best approach, regardless the total amount of work to do :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Anders! Great to see your first post here :)
Your way of posting made me remember of my first post in this forum haha :D
Lots of pre-apologizing and stuff but its no problem we are a cool bunch of people here ;)

Same as Dan, you make me remember a portion of myself. Great to see.
You have the right heart and mind to be a champion. I am sure you will be a great table tennis player and person.
Be consistent in your dreams and you could reach it. Whenever, wherever challenges appear, its only a sign that you are still on your way to achieve your dream.
Way to go on your journey to become a top defender.

And lastly, warmest welcome to the forum mate :)

God bless,
Yosua

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
You remind yourself of me.

Anders123 I think your english is better than Dan's lol.

Nice thread I hope you find exactly what you need to keep going, I guess really you get to a point where you are so deep in table tennis you don't really consider giving up, I think that's where I am :)