Ever done a cartwheel?

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Cartwheel attempt by Michael Marsden in the final at the Welsh Masters.

1208877503-11879400.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
If I understand it right that was championship point. That would have been crazy haha. It actually seems like it was the fastest way to get to the ball without the chance of seriously hurting himselves (diving). He could have switched hands as well, but I'm not sure if he would be on time. Pretty funny stuff though haha.

This user has no status.
It wasn't quite Championship point. It was match point for a place in the final. I'm definitely not a chopper. I used to watch Chen Xinghui doin it years ago and realised that if a ball is almost out of reach on the backhand side, this is the easiest way to get to the ball without falling flat on your face. Also because you land on your feet, if the ball does go on the table you can recover for the next shot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
@EnglishWelshMan
Ok, thanks for the explanation :) I thought it cuz it said in the final in description and matchpoint in the video title. I agree it seems to be the easiest way, but it also gives u the least accurate shot of the available options I think.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
But then again, there are times we would basically 'screw accuracy'. Desperate times calls for drastic measure. Get the ball back and hope the opponent misses. hahaha Also, probably this way you'll always be facing the table and increase your reaction time to prepare for the next shot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
@azlan
Ur right there, in such shots it is the feeling that decides, and sometimes u will hit a good shot, sometimes just a total miss. About facing the table, don't forget that at the end of the cartwheel u are very far in the BH corner, whereas it is easier to turn to the other side after diving/using 'wrong' hand. But this all happens in split seconds, which makes the option that comes to mind first the best.